Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what happens if...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bsodmike
    When do you figure full frame DSLRs to come out dude? Or are they already out
    Yes, e.g. EOS 1DS (Mk II)

Quote Originally Posted by bsodmike
    but incredibly expensive?
    Yes

EDIT> £4300 off eBay. Why did you have to remind me of this? The temptation, ...oh, the temptation.
    EDIT2> And how much have I got in the bank? Yes, you guessed it...
    Last edited by rajagra; 17-05-2005 at 04:08 AM.
    DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D; AMD64 3500+ Winchester ;
    2x XFX 6600GT ; Corsair XMS3200XLPRO TWINX 1GB;
    Dell 2405FPW TFT.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    yes, they're good but tbh who needs 16mpix?...really, who?!! surely 8 to 12 is enough?!
    there are probably better ways to fill your hard drive too! I woudn't go splashing out on one uless you really need one i.e. you are a pro who will make money from it. the 20D does pretty much all the same things for much less. or you could get the 1D mk2 (not the 's' version) which has all the weather-proofing of the 1Ds but not the mpix count or the price tag. basically its the 20D in a chunky body...
    'full frame' sensors are a misconception in my mind. what is a full sensor? dSLRs use different technology to film - obviously - so who says the 35mm fram size has to be copied to satisfy the digital technolgy? certainly it is conveinient that a sensor has been made that is the same dimension as the 35mm frame but there's no writtne law that states we should move towards that size. after all its not the mpix count that makes a good photo but the person behind the camera...