• Case:
      • Coolermater Cosmos Pure Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk
    if you think about it though, one factor that could be partially responsible for the rise in yobbish behaviour in children is likely the abolishment of physical punishment in schools.

im not clear as to when it was banned but my mum has told how shes seen the change of the behaviour of children.

she says 20 - 25 years ago, this was when physical punishment in schools was still aorund and if a child was to make a threat, it was, give me your wallet or i'll punch you, now though its more like give me your wallet, your phone, your watch and your car keys and if you're lucky, i won't shoot / knife you...

this can be down a large number of reasons, but i think its down to the quality of parents nowadays, and the nonexistance of discipline in our schools.

i was physically punished as a child, this does not mean i was beaten or hit for no reason, i was only hit when it was something serious, and i was told the reasons for being hit and it instilled discipline in me and my brothers.

i will never ever talk back to my mum, even now, and im 18 years old!! Gentlemen thats the power of discipline through physical punishment.

I think its long overdue that physical punishment in schools was reinstated.

its not down to what games, music or television a child interacts with that cause the poor levels of respect etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BEANFro Elite
    if you think about it though, one factor that could be partially responsible for the rise in yobbish behaviour in children is likely the abolishment of physical punishment in schools.

im not clear as to when it was banned but my mum has told how shes seen the change of the behaviour of children.

she says 20 - 25 years ago, this was when physical punishment in schools was still aorund and if a child was to make a threat, it was, give me your wallet or i'll punch you, now though its more like give me your wallet, your phone, your watch and your car keys and if you're lucky, i won't shoot / knife you...

this can be down a large number of reasons, but i think its down to the quality of parents nowadays, and the nonexistance of discipline in our schools.

i was physically punished as a child, this does not mean i was beaten or hit for no reason, i was only hit when it was something serious, and i was told the reasons for being hit and it instilled discipline in me and my brothers.

i will never ever talk back to my mum, even now, and im 18 years old!! Gentlemen thats the power of discipline through physical punishment.

I think its long overdue that physical punishment in schools was reinstated.

its not down to what games, music or television a child interacts with that cause the poor levels of respect etc.
    I support it too, and i'm not blaming it completely on media, its just a lack of respect being taught early on.

I know i got smacked when i messed up, but i quickly worked that one out and was never hit after 10yrs old.

What i tend to see is teens just get out of the house and seek support from their equally stupid friends. Then the parents and schools are the enemy in their world, so is anyone else that tries to tell them otherwise because they just go back to their group for re-assurance that they are still "cool" and independent.

If they had been moved from country to country like i've been they'd realise family is much more important than friends, i've lost hundreds of friend's because of moving, but the family has always been there.

I have a higher understanding of this social problem due to my experiences , it's hard to explain to people who have lived in the same house and neighbourhood all their life, with the same friends, same rules. No wonder they are so confident, masters of their own little world. I suppose they are simply socially unchallenged and it develops to them creating their own challenges, by copying behaviour they see in dramatic movies, introducing drama into their lives because it doesn't have enough normally.

Yeah, i've said enough , i should write a book, but some one else would have to edit

Thanks
    Did anyone actually read the article?

The game is an exaggerated and humorous look at life in a private school that Rockstar stresses is completely different than anything else it has done....Mixing drama and comedy into a single story, Bully follows a schoolboy named Jimmy Hopkins and his adventures in the fictitional "Bullworth Academy." Corrupt from the inside out, the school is overflowing with crooked higher-ups, wicked schoolmates, and a whole mess of bothersome bullies. Throughout this escapade, Jimmy will have to stand up to cruel classmates, pursue a love interest, put up with teachers that pick on him, and play pranks on a mess of annoying little buggers from all over the campus.
    Hot damn, I feel like breaking out the Tec-9 already!

Thanks
    • XA04's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570-A Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2x 8gb DDR 4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Serpent M.2 SSD & 4TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit RTX 2060
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Fractcal Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama 34" Curved UWQHD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb Fibre
    rockstar are good at this tbh.

GTA, Manhunt (remember the kid killing his friend?), alsorts.

But they are one of the best game makers out there, infact i'm going to install manhunt again soon as its one of the best games i've ever played.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    Due to the guaranteed media outcry & opression I'd be supprised if this didn't die on it's arse.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    ..or sell in it's millions...

Mind that bus, what bus? Splat!
    Thanks
    • Gr44's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.68Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC8500+
      • Storage:
      • 2x 500GB Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 720w
      • Case:
      • Lian Li G70
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell 2408's
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB
    I think the parents should be given the choice to allow the kids to play the games, but if the kid ****s up by 'mimicing' something the game 'made him do' the kid should be banged up tbfh.

If the little git is old enough to play 18 games then the little ... git is old enough to get slammed in jail. Harsh but fair

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by WildmonkeyUK
    Nope.... I have no appeal to shoot people from the rooftop with a high velocity sniper rifle *twitch*

It's tempting...

But no, I can't say I've ever had any urges to kill anyone (besides the odd chav) using methods displayed in a video game I have recently played.

If you're influenced by these, then you've got a problem.
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Registered+
    Thanks
    teens are not stupid, just stubborn kids,
    love to explore everything on their own without thinking of the consequences, playing is just having some time/spending their spare time with some friends...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr44
    If the little git is old enough to play 18 games then the little ... git is old enough to get slammed in jail. Harsh but fair
    That part i agree with

Grm
    Thanks
    I was a victim last night, I got abused with a light sabre. Was walking down a street with a friend, and i seen 4 kids about 5 or 6 years of age infront of me playing with light sabres, as we got closer one of the kids ran across the road infront of us, and started shouting abuse it went something along the lines of "there's the enemy, get out your light sabre and fight" i explained to the child i didnt have one, and he repeated him self. So i was walking and he ran upto me and hit me with it, i let it pass but he did it again. I turned round and gave him a swift "**** off" to which he shouted his friends to "come attack the enemy" Obviously he had been to see the new Star Wars film.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grm
    Obviously he had been to see the new Star Wars film.
    Really?

Thanks
    • Tifosi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR
      • CPU:
      • AMD64 Venice 3200 s939
      • Memory:
      • 2x 1GB DDR400 Corsair XMS
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 2.5" 64GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce G210T / Geforce 7800GT
      • PSU:
      • ?
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V1110
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 12.04
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW
      • Internet:
      • VM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grm
    I was a victim last night, I got abused with a light sabre. Was walking down a street with a friend, and i seen 4 kids about 5 or 6 years of age infront of me playing with light sabres, as we got closer one of the kids ran across the road infront of us, and started shouting abuse it went something along the lines of "there's the enemy, get out your light sabre and fight" i explained to the child i didnt have one, and he repeated him self. So i was walking and he ran upto me and hit me with it, i let it pass but he did it again. I turned round and gave him a swift "**** off" to which he shouted his friends to "come attack the enemy" Obviously he had been to see the new Star Wars film.

You should have said "Strike me down and i shall become more powerful than you can ever imagine"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi
    You should have said "Strike me down and i shall become more powerful than you can ever imagine"
    ...then kicked mud at him

Thanks
    And taken his powers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information