Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As if Kids today we'rent already weak and stupid enough

Thanks

As if Kids today we'rent already weak and stupid enough

Rockstar is to release the game "Bully", showing kids exactly how to be stupid little gangsta thugs.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/616/616925p1.html

Let's face it, this is a bad idea all over, we all know how stupid teens are today, the media is what they look up to for advice on how to behave, and the media gives them crap like this.

I'll be getting out the country as soon as possible thanks, looks like both the UK and US are watching their society destroy themselves, with a smile on their face it seems

Thanks
    weren't*

Mind that bus, what bus? Splat!
    Thanks
    • Gr44's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.68Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC8500+
      • Storage:
      • 2x 500GB Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 720w
      • Case:
      • Lian Li G70
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell 2408's
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB
    To be honest with you mate, if people take that kind of thing literally, they are stupid anyway. Anyone who can be influenced by something like that is an idiot. I've been playing 'violent' games for years and I've never had any urdge to kill people ( well not many ) or smash up cars etc.

We should just bring back the death penalty for un-provoked/planned crimes, atleast all the chavs would be dealt with then

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr44
    been playing 'violent' games for years and I've never had any urdge to kill people ( well not many ) or smash up cars etc.
    So true. How bad are the likes of GTA etc but I'd never be stupid enough to do anything in the game in RL! And Postal 2, remember that one? I played it for quite a bit, but did I ever run up to stranger, unzip my flies and urinate one them? No.

Thanks
    Remember Carmageddon and how it was made for the fun that is to be had from running over little old ladies?

Of course, for the sequels they had to go one better and so started putting in controversial content for the sake of it...

Which is what Rockstar look like they're doing here, what's next? Abuse the foreign chap? Actually, if they were French, that'd be ok...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    So true. How bad are the likes of GTA etc but I'd never be stupid enough to do anything in the game in RL! And Postal 2, remember that one? I played it for quite a bit, but did I ever run up to stranger, unzip my flies and urinate one them? No.
    lol postal2 was great

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Abuse the foreign chap? Actually, if they were French, that'd be ok...

I agree

Thanks
    I must admit, it don't like the idea. But GTA, and any other violent games (most of them i guess) are just as likely to cause problems, if indeed they do. Where do you draw the line?

Persoanlly I think games and films DO influence kids. I remember when I was young, me and my brother would fight like crazy after seeing a kung fu movie. Thats what kids do.

But the problem is not what people want to do, it's a simple lack of repect for others that seems to be an ever increasing problem for society. That's not down to games/movies, it's much deeper rooted. If it was that simple, we would not have half the problems we have now.

We need to stop trying to find scapegoats and address the issues properly. I think we need to stop being so wet in this country and take a much harder line with the thugs that rule some of our streets. If no one can agree on the causes, we should at least make anti-social behaviour much less of an apealing prostect with thougher punishments because nothing else seems to be working. Blaming games/movies/TV/Badgers/whatever is not going to solve a thing and the whole argument just futher distracts from the real problem.

Sorry, just my 10 pence. I'm getting sooooo sick of the way this country is going.

The sad thing is that the Daily Mail is going to have a field day with this and further tarnish gaming with thier ignorance.
    Last edited by autopilot; 20-05-2005 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Oh here we gooooooo again.

Can the Mary Whitehouse brigade please get a new record for when they blame this game for incidents in the future. The one about all these games being an infulence and made people do it is a load of tripe to be honest. I play CS and a load more FPS games all the time and have done since the age of 11. Did this drive me to getting a rifle and picking off people left right and centre ?

Nope.... I have no appeal to shoot people from the rooftop with a high velocity sniper rifle *twitch*

Games are supposed to be a bit of light-hearted fun, not to be taken serious and in some cases they can be educational

Time for the gamer-haters to back off, get a grip and join reality instead of blaming something they don't understand for problems caused

Thanks
    I know what i'm talking about, it's not the games fault but unfortunately thats the only thing we may have a chance of controlling.

I know its the fault that people are allowed to be stupid in the first place that is the problem. I like GTA, a lot, but i'm smart enough to control how it influences me.

Since we have stupid stupid people in society, and we can't just shoot them dead on the spot, guess we have to do something. Or like my first post says, just watch and smile as they continue to make our lives miserable.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos
    I know what i'm talking about, it's not the games fault but unfortunately thats the only thing we may have a chance of controlling.
    I don't think banning violent games will make any difference at all in today's society. In fact, it'll probably make it worse if they do. If someone told me I couldn't play WoW coz it was violent they'd get a sharpened axe embedded into their skull.

Damn... It's controlling me!

"Must run over pedestrians, must shoot police, must pee on screaming women"

Thanks
    Violence in games has been around for ages, i'm talking about the way the newer games relate violence closely to real life situations. And in a sense promoting it. I thought GTA was bad enough for stupid people, but I can see kids making a clear connection with this Bully game, obviously. It just stops being fantasy and becoming "A guide to life".

yeah....this isnt going anywhere anyway

Tally Ho
    Thanks
    lets face it, its going to be an 18, if any kid gets his/her hands on it the parents are to blame. i have a cousin whos 12 and hes got so many 18 games its untrue, and he has no respect at all (which makes me sick)

ahh well, in the true spirit of kama he dropped a pen-knife into his foot and is currently sporting a mullet

Thanks
    <snipped as the poor humor didnt seem to be appreciated on the thread>
    Last edited by DavidM; 20-05-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    I think Dangerous_Dom (ironic name) has hit the nail on the head. The thugs behave the way they do because no-one is going to make them do otherwise. Human rights acts and lack of policing have a lot to answer for. Then again it's us who insist on electing a government who are against family life and discipline for our children.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mort-uk
    Many people grew up with Pacman - but you don't see them munching pills in darkened rooms while listening to strange beeping music.
    Pacman doesn't relate to real-life, everyone can stop repeating this worthless point that i have already answered to.

I dont have a problem with fantasy violence. But when it relates so closely to real-life to the point that it becomes almost documentary, especially the school yard, what kid is not going to buy this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information