Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst two days EVAR >:(

Thanks
    Even if you are going for a gap year you can do your ucas aplication this year. Its not till after you get you A2 results you have to make a desision. So apply whatever.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    i've thought of a new one norky, find someone on the tube, and scratch their new ipod nano with a feather. Just really lightly, so that it will take them about 2 hours to find the mark. Mwahahahha!

Plan something for once you've got your work done, something to look forward to:

work hard, play harder.

example, i was staffing at a residential for year 11's on friday to sunday. 6am my train left, my shift finished at midnight, 00:30 we're in the turtle, having a few pints. 2am i get back to my room. 5am i wake up with a feaver and diarhea. paracetamol + 18 pints of water. 12noon i start shift again. finish at midnight. Long chat with best friend, damn, still got explosive diahrea (sp!). Wake up at 6am, get ripped off, £2 for sixteen tablets of paracetamol, how do they sleep at night? shift finishes at 2pm, goto pub, loose badly at barbillads, catch train to sisters, complain how ill i am, and how one of the kids stole my sabutomol inhailer (the symptons reliver inhailer for asthmatics, the blue one, you can get hyper off it i guess). Get up at 7, ooh, no longer explosive, more like school dinner grade spagetti bolignase diarhea. get to london at 10am, decide if the stomach cramps are so bad i have to **** in london padington. they were. 20p.... barstards, for 20p i want it to be clean. 11am arrive at 3i building (venture capitalists) have training day thing, finish at 4pm. Meet friend for drinkies, before taking the express 6 hour train home. get home at midnight. sleep.

Now the thing is, i could of curled up and said "oh bo ho, i'm ill" but no, i didn't i thought "i'm going to give this damn virus to that kid who's been pissing me off", before i thought how un-professional that would of been of me. What i'm saying is mix work with fun. Then you really don't care what happens to you along the way, you just find a way of not couping, but surving and enjoying it.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    my AS results were a complete muck up (all my own fault) but means ive got to so much work, in one instance a whole Alevel has to be done in a year, iam abit worried tbh,

Just try and keep up-to-date with the work and stay on top, i guess you have heard it all before but it you can then you will be fine and you will eventually earn back that phone you lost

Now i guess i better get my personal statement sorted

Thanks
    I'm not quite sure how it works in all universities. But i know when i applied to glasgow i picked economics, business management and psychology as 3 of my 6 choices (i'm amazed its been 5 years now). eventually settling on economics but when i got accepted they actually asked me what i wanted to do and said that my application was only for the faculty and that i could do anything in the faculty (social science).

It would be worth checking with the universities to see if some of them offer teh same type of policy. Make sure you are accepted first and be sure of your subject when you get accepted.

Actually come to think of its the same for the MSc i am doing now. I applied for electronic commerce but was told i could do anything at the faculty except games design since i had been accepted. I ended up changing to do more programming based work than was specified.

Talk to the universities and your teachers to see what your options are. If you don't ask they wont come to you.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    loki, a lot of uni's let you change between faculties, not just schools.

its more important you make sure they know, that your trying to find the perfect course for you, if you do that, they'll bend over backwars to help.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Harsh man, sounds like you've had a helluva week, you tried phoning it? might be worth a try doing it in some lessons tbh

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    That sucks Sounds like your teachers weren't very sympathetic.... And announcing over the tannoy that such and such person has lost their phone? Strange

Uni is often stressfull for some people, but just keep at it and you'll be fine. I can't really comment as I am not going and have no intention to, but yeah. Focus on getting all your college work done and there shouldn't be a problem.

As for the depression, it'll get better with time Sounds like a cliche, but it will. I haven't exactly been feeling my best lately, and I've been told this a million times so hopefully it's true
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    Ah thanks all, I didn't expect Hexus to be so comforting And I have read every single post in this thread don't worry

Well I guess the whole thing has kinda scared me now, I'm at least double as enthusiastic to do all my work (not just in Art) aswell. I wouldn't say I'm medically depressed or anything (and I know it's not like I have 10 million diseases and I live in the poorest part of the world, and my family has been killed by evil monkeys etc) but I am not a happy bunny right now. I wasn't the happiest before this week, but it's like someone dropped an obese cow on my shoulders.

I also have to grab the guts to tell my parents my phone got stolen...

During the weekend I'm going to hand the computer to my brothers too, so I won't be spamming in Hexus for a tiny bit (severe lack of unreal I'm afraid). But all for the good of mankind

Thanks
    From your AS sig I noticed you're listening to the new Twista album.

I'd say that's not a good idea considering your predicament, since that album is so awful it has even got me depressed lol.

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gig Corsair XMS Pro (DDR400 @ 420)
      • Storage:
      • 2x80gig Raid0 & 1x200gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X1800XT (above stock)
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R Modular (580W)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" TFT & 50" TV (for games)
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Chin up mate. Just remember - there are people starving in the world, people who live in war-torn hell holes, like Manchester.
    oi. I'll have you know Manchester has progressed since the 90's

Er as for UCAS they try and stress you out about it, don't worry it's all fairly simple.. I only applied to one uni (didn't want to leave manchester *pokes Stewart*). As for the phone, can you claim on your house insurance?
    We cannot choose what we are.. but what are we but the sum of our choices?

Thanks
    I didn't know how widespread the ability was buu if you are telling me a lot of unis do it then there is nothing to hold him back from approaching various universities about it. Universities are generally always happy to help so if you ask them they will do their best to answer.

Thanks
    Tbh the only solution os to get a gun and go on a killing spree. whether in real life or in a computer game I would expect them to have similar effects.
    Twigman

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but why on Earth are you taking £300+ worth of stuff to school? I'm sure you enjoy having nice things like expensive phones and iPods and all that, but they're about as necessary as a pair of sandles in winter.

A well known gambling saying is "Don't bet what you can't afford to lose". It can also apply to everyday life.

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    Well everyone does, and so do I. In fact some people bring more, like two phones, a colour iPod, and all sorts. I guess there are a lot of wealthy people in the place and eventhough I am not wealthy, its good to feel comfortable having both a phone and mp3 player everyday.

I am not worried about getting mugged though, and I still take my iPod into the place everyday. In fact I take them both everywhere, all the time (well obviously I used to) but I was not expecting it to be snatched in a room that was supposed to be safe. We all leave our bags and things in the room when its locked btw, it's just that mine seemed more appealing to those who must have noticed the door wasn't open.

Well I'm doing a great job catching up on art, and I still have to find a way to tell my parents about the phone. Eventhough its kind of (sort of) not my fault, my mum always loves a rant and she will tell me off during random parts of the day when she gets bored. And then she will bring it up every time she has a go at me over the next 6 months.

I now keep all my valueable belongings in my pockets, never in my bags again.

Thanks
    i always keep everything valuable in my pockets, and i have a horrible habit of checking them every 2 seconds.

i feel your pain mate, im scared ****less of losing something valuable (actually more scared of telling parents).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos
    i always keep everything valuable in my pockets, and i have a horrible habit of checking them every 2 seconds.

i feel your pain mate, im scared ****less of losing something valuable (actually more scared of telling parents).
    I do that all the time... Freaks me out when I have something in my bag that I thought was in my pocket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information