Thread: wanna learn guitar

Thanks

wanna learn guitar

had a guitar for a while now not learnt much tho. broke my leg on wednesday tho so im in bed for 6 weeks so i 4t this is the perfect oppertunity to learn some guitar. i can sit up in bed and everythign and get in a postion to play guitar. i just need some help on where to start has anyone got any tips for me. i cant actaully play a whole song yet just little bits and im not to great with chords

Thanks
    Get someone to buy the book 'Guitar On Tap' for you. It has lots of popular songs in it to learn, but it also contains scales, chords etc. so you can learn properly.

Thanks
    The internet is your resource!! My housemate started to learn the guitae but as with everything he lost interest! He's got a nice guitar just sitting in his room with a massive amp too.

Thanks
    lots of people tend to loose interest when they try to teach them selfs.
    this is mainly because they are starting in the wrong place! from people i know who have tried to teach them selfs they end up looking at guitar tabs all the time trying to learn really bad songs - i feel the best way (if you are going to teach yourself) is to start off learning how you should be holding the guitar,how to hold a pick, how your fingering should work and strumming techniques - these are things that alot of people never bother about and get into bad habbits and find it hard to re-learn how to play it properly.

Best thing to start on would be Major and Minor scales (and even pentatonic scales) to get your fingering right and then move on to some basic chords and practice going from one to another - i suggest chords played down on the first fret.

This is only how i feel the best way to learn is - you may disagree but if you do what ive said id say youve got some pretty strong foundations to improve faster and have a good techniqe

Cheers

Thanks
    The basis is usually open chord shapes and open chord changing. Try every single one imagineable and just play around. When I first started out on guitar years ago I just practiced some open chords over and over again and started to get the hang of it. It's down to you practicing, not what you're taught really.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    www.about.com for basic lessons - teaches you to hold a guitar/plectrum and a few scales, along wtih all the basic chords

www.ultimate-guitar.com - a great website for Tabs, both in normal (text) tabs and in guitarPro ones if you have the software (www.guitarpro.com i think)

Thread Information