Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you tackle the cold weather?

Thanks
    I'm surprised only lee has come up with the sensible answer....

Drink....LOTS

the only advantage of taking a jacket is that you can do the gentlemanly thing and hand it over to the girl that is also freezing
    Last edited by pak000; 24-11-2005 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks
    i wear many layers and take a large bag to put them in when i get to the club. That way you're cozy warm, then just right when you're clubbing, only have to pay for 1 item in the cloakroom and you're not freezing your ass off after you leave

[edit] a FEW quid for the cloakroom?! maximum we pay here is £1!

Thanks
    Psh its not even cold yet I love this weather! I was out doing a spot of shopping in the lightning here earlier, hehe

RDL
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN
    Vodka before I go out.

Russian Antifreeze and its been working well for years
    Yes this also works a treat. On the presumption you will be nice and pissed on the way back and so won't feel the cold either.
    AMD 64 3500+ | Asus A32 SLi Deluxe | 2 x Corsair 512MB PC4400 Overclockers RAM| 1 x XFX 6800GT | Nexus Vantec Fan Controller | 1 x 74GB Western Digital Raptor )Boot + backup & 2x 200gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (RAID 0) | Plextor 716A Black 16 x16±,x4+ Dual Layer DVD | Tagan 480W | ThermalRight XP-120 with Delta Screamer | 2x120mm YS TECH| Black Akasa Eclipse 62 | L1980U 19" TFT 12ms 500:1 DVI Ultra Slim Black & Silver | Phillips 5.1 Surround Sound| Razer Diamondback Mouse | ExactMat mousemat | Black Cherry Keyboard | WinXP Pro

Thanks
    t-shirt under your shirt (any sweat while inside the club probably gets caught by the t-shirt...) then a thin but warm windproof top which you can tie about your waist I guess. Or do what we used to and just stuff your jackets in a corner or somewhere. Get a cheap and shabby jacket...or rely on the fact everyone will assume no-one is silly enough to just leave their jacket lying on the couch at the side all night... Not to be done with expensive (in financial or emotional) clothes though

smtkr
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePyle
    Dont you go to clubs with a cloak room?

I hate wearing a decent jacket out, as in bars where you cant hang them anywhere I'm always wary that some idiot with a fag on the go is going to be careless and put a hole in it, I tend to just suffer in a shirt.
    I hate cigarette smoke so bad that I wear crappy clothes to the bars/night clubs just to keep the smoke smell out of them. It was really nice when I was in Columbus, because they passed an indoor smoking ban in public places (includes bars, etc.). Since I moved to Portland, it's more smoke (GRRRR). I think the smoking ban have been repealed in Columbus (I guess I'll find out when I return in January).

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Nicked shamelessly. But anyone who's been up here and seen what people wear on a night out in the middle of winter will almost agree!

The Fahrenheit temperature scale
    50ºF- Southerners turn on their heating. People in Newcastle plant their gardens.
    40ºF- Southerners shiver uncontrollably. People in Newcastle sunbathe
    35ºF- Southerners cars won't start. People in Newcastle drive with the windows down.
    20ºF- Southerners wear coats, gloves and wool hats. People in Newcastle throw on a T-shirt (girls start wearing mini skirts).
    15ºF- Southerners begin to evacuate. People in Newcastle go swimming in the North Sea.
    0ºF- Southern landlords turn up the heat. People in Newcastle have the last barbecue before it starts to get cold.
    -10ºF- Southerners cease to exist. People in Newcastle throw on a lightweight jacket.
    -80ºF- Polar bears wonder if its worth it. Boy scouts in Newcastle wear long trousers.
    -100ºF- Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. People in Newcastle put on their long johns
    -173ºF- Alcohol freezes. People in Newcastle become frustrated because the pubs are shut
    -297ºF- Microbial life starts to disappear. The cows on Newcastle Town Moor complain of vets with cold hands
    -460ºF- All atomic motion stops. People in Newcastle start to stamp their feet and blow on their hands.
    -500ºF- Hell freezes over. Sunderland qualify for Europe.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Loads of Layers works or be with someone else who is nice and warm

Registered+
    Thanks
    I regulate the heat by staying at home. There again i'm funny like that. Anyhow you only go clubbing, get mashed and wake up the next day with a huge headache, empty wallet and no memory. I can manage this quite well at home. Try it. it's fun. Also once you have had a wee drinky if you turn up the music, stare into a 100 watt bulb at close proximity and then blink your eyes really fast it's just like clubbing. You could then fall asleep in the dog basket to complete simulating the experience

Helpful......surely

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    because of people like keith staying at home, means theirs no queue for people like me
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Registered+
    Thanks
    Glad my being passive helps in some way. Wonder if it's like the butterfly effect. Who esle have I helped by doing nothing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smtkr
    I can't stand heavy clothes. I would rather freeze than wear a bundle. I don't know if they sell in the UK, but landsend.com makes really good light outerwear.
    Yeah, they have been selling in the UK for quite a few years. Nice stuff but it's the kind of stuff my parrents would (actually do) wear. I would not wear any landsend stuff to a club. Good quality though.

The thing i find is not the cold, but the sweating. It's nasty wearing a wet Tshirt when you leave the club. I sometimes take an extra tshirt in the pocket of my nice big D&C duffle coat. That on top of my beer jacket
    Last edited by autopilot; 27-11-2005 at 04:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information