Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder problem

smtkr
    Quote Originally Posted by specofdust
    You find one case of a person in a medical profession abusing their position and thats supposed to back up the fact that every person who works in that field is a quack?

How many Gynecology cases where doctors have abused patients do I need to find you before you declare them quacks? How about Harold shipman, does he make all GP's quacks? No, I think not.
    Actually, it was a joke Mr. Over-sensitive baby.

And if you want to know why I think they are quacks, let me list a few reasons:

Chiropractic medicine was founded on the premise that "certain dislocations of bones interfered with the 'innate intelligence', a kind of spiritual energy or life force dependent upon God that connects the brain to the rest of the body. Palmer claimed that subluxations interfered with the proper communication of this innate intelligence with the rest of the body, and that by fixing them 95% of diseases could be treated."

Beyond that, they try to blame every problem on spinal misalignments, which may or may not be the case. Their job is, more or less, to crack your back like you crack your fingers. Just because your doctor is incapable of diagnosing a herniated disc doesn't mean all doctors are so incompetent.

Oh, and did I mention that it is dangerous? http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2006/...ries-here.html

Those articles are very recent. I admit that most chiropractic treatments are harmless, but don't give me any B.S. about how these are isolated incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by specofdust
    Maybe next time try learning about the things you speak of.
    Oh, and quit being such a condescending prick.

Thanks
    Excuse me? Could you really not mess up this thread? I didn't intend any arguments in here, I was seeking for some decent advice, not this.

Mods, can you clean up please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information