Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schumacher

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny02004976
    now thats just bad luck - ive worked my body to wake me up just as match of the day starts on a saturday evening after a few beers
    lol was my fault i got too comfy waiting for it and i was dead sleepy anyway i couldnt help it. i hate missing grand prix live. i have to work during sundays and the bloody news on the radio spoils all the results for me cuz my manager wont let me turn it off

they got the highlights showing on itv4 today at 3:50 am in the morning and i aint going to bed!! i wanna see how shumacher managed to finish 5th place starting from the pits, its impossible to overtake at monaco (besides pitsstops) so it should be interesting!

Thanks
    • htid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • C2D E6600 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Corsair XMS2
      • Storage:
      • 180gb Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GTX
      • PSU:
      • 500W Seasonic S12
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Dell
    Apparently not impossible, as you shall see

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by htid
    Apparently not impossible, as you shall see

couldnt help it i fell asleep

Thanks
    tbh he did drive well - although, u cant really not drive well when your car is simply better than the guys infront of you; Toro Rosso, Midland etc

and he did get lucky with some of the guys infront of him dropping out towards the end; Raikonnen, Trulli, Webber etc
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    Server - Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB, 500GB HD
    Laptop - Compaq AMD Turion 64 X2, 60GB HD, 1GB
    Media Centre Shuttle - P4 3.0 Skt 775 Shuttle, 1GB, 120GB HD
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever
    Media Centre II - X2 4000+, 1GB, 400Gb Vista Ultimate

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Tbh, i think he should be docked all points, lets face it, its not the first time he has done something like that. he is a bad sportmans and no doubt he would have lost alot of respect from his fellow drivers after that act, and rightfully so ..

Regards

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve A
    Tbh, i think he should be docked all points, lets face it, its not the first time he has done something like that. he is a bad sportmans and no doubt he would have lost alot of respect from his fellow drivers after that act, and rightfully so ..

Regards
    I agree totally.

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolpc
    I agree totally.
    He may have bent the rules but he is still a fantastic driver

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Im not disputing the fact he is a good driver, but my opinion still stands, he should be made an example of, as the next driver to do that will probably get much worse punishment, which would be totally unfair ..

Thanks
    It applies to most great sportsmen I think.

Maradona may have scored with his hand, he may have turned into a cocaine addict, had a few fights on the pitch. But, who can deny the fact that he was a truly gifted footballer?

Mike Tyson may have been to jail, rightfully or wrongly accused who knows, he may have bit some guys ear in a title fight. But, who can deny the fact that he was a truly gifted boxer?

Michael Schumacher has had his moments of craziness. But, who can deny that he is a truly gifted driver?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve A
    Im not disputing the fact he is a good driver, but my opinion still stands, he should be made an example of, as the next driver to do that will probably get much worse punishment, which would be totally unfair ..

totally agree with this, if one driver can get away with this the FIA must let all drivers get away with it!

Thanks
    I wouldn't say that Schumacher got away with it though.

What he did was so cleverly disguised, there's no real way to prove that he was cheating.
    For the officials to make the decision to send the biggest name in Formula 1 to the back of the grid in the most prestigious race of the season was no small decision. I personally thought it took a lot of courage from them just to dish out that much of a punishment.

Thanks
    he wouldnt of got any punishment at all if all the other teams didnt go to bernie ekleston complaining of what he did, so the FIA check the onboard computer specs and they were all wrong for the corner showing he was in control of the car AT ALL TIMES, and allthough he did get put to the back of the grid, he should of had a 2 race ban, to show this cannot be tollorated. if he had a faster can than everyone to get him so high up the grid then why was he willing to risk everyting just to make sure he had pole!!

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parm
    It applies to most great sportsmen I think.

Maradona may have scored with his hand, he may have turned into a cocaine addict, had a few fights on the pitch. But, who can deny the fact that he was a truly gifted footballer?

Mike Tyson may have been to jail, rightfully or wrongly accused who knows, he may have bit some guys ear in a title fight. But, who can deny the fact that he was a truly gifted boxer?

Michael Schumacher has had his moments of craziness. But, who can deny that he is a truly gifted driver?

truly great sportsmen dont cheat. cheats cheat, and truly great sportsmen dont need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Yes, i agree that it took a certain amount of courage, however if they were willing to do this then they must have had enough evidence that he did "cheat" , and to be fair i think he got of lightly .. i think that was much worse than BAR getting banned for 2 matches for a techincal fault or what ever it was last season ...

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    i haven;t bothered to read the entirely to this thread, neither did I see what happened in the pre-race or race itself. but what I do know is that shumacher is one of the most talented drivers in F1, of the number of races he's done and compared to the numbers of infringments you;ll see he's had a pretty good run of things. yes some of his 'accidents' were not entirely sportsman like I'd agree, and all to often I get the impression when the F1 race committee come down on them (ferrari and shumacher) its more often than not because some new bit of technology that the other desginers haven't thought of is being used. some times I can't get why its always ferrari being penalised at the moment but it is. in fact they're almost being penalised for their innovation, much like teams have in the past - honda, renault...they've all had it done because the cars produced are more advanced than the other teams. yet they make rules that effectively level the playing field which is crap. if an athlete trains twice as hard and twice as long surely he deserves to beat the one that sits on the sofa all day doing nothing? the committee is stifilng the sport and advancement of the cars by including tons of rules left right and centre.
    and when the rules are made in terms of drving its often only after a driver does something to cause upsets to others. I personally prefer if it were more cut-throat and including so many rules is a bit like all this health and safety malarky...
    i can't defend what I haven't seen and given shumacher's illustrious history I'll bet its quite borderline, but without drivers like him who else is pushing the boundries and testing the water as far as they can go? he is a good driver, questionable at times, but you cant argue with the vast number of victories he has gained over his time in the sport.