Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: beaches are not safe

Banned
    Thanks

beaches are not safe

at west wittering today, very strong curents, kid gets dragged out when with mates all about 13 btw, takes useless lifgaurds twenty mins to get him on a boat, then try to revive him but it doesnt work hes dead. what is going on these days sudenly the sea is safe for 13 year olds? i found it hard to beat the current and im 13 stone. and also the lifeguards are utter rubbish. so what i say is f you have kids and take them to the beach watch them and go out with them dont rely on so caled pros to do it as they are damn useless, and today it resulted in a kid drowning. shocking tbh

Thanks
    So how much did you pay to go down to this beach?

Yeah that's why you don't have world class lifeguards.

Banned
    Thanks
    five quid for parking for every car..

Thanks
    • XA04's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570-A Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2x 8gb DDR 4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Serpent M.2 SSD & 4TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit RTX 2060
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Fractcal Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama 34" Curved UWQHD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb Fibre
    Happens everyday. Some people they can save, some they can't. If you don't like it be a life guard and try to do their job.

Purple Member
    Thanks
    • Tarffie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 (PC2-8500C5)
      • Storage:
      • 250gb + 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT 512mb w/ Accelero S1
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408wfp & 2405fpw
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 50Mb/s
    Get the fence panels out, time to block off the coastline.

Banned
    Thanks
    there job isnt hard. anyone can learn the first aid they know, explain to me how its hard if you think it is, i see where your coming from xa04 but there is no getting round the fact that they were slow and shoudl and could have been quicker

i understand that they cant save every one but it the time they spenf fcuking about when they coudl have bombed it and got that boat out there it just anoyed me to the guy faffing about with ihs shirt and sunglasses, or how about just get the boat in and go not faff about.

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caged
    So how much did you pay to go down to this beach?

Yeah that's why you don't have world class lifeguards.
    not true

lifeguards in SA are volunteer, IIRC, or at least very poorly paid, yet some of the best in the world.
    20 mins? RIDICULOUS. And the seas off the UK coast are kid's stuff compared to those down south.

poor kid.

Banned
    Thanks
    yup 20 mins and i tell no lie, they sent this bird out on a surfboard first???

some1s drowing the last thing to do is send a girl coz she wasa bout 18 out on a surfboard THEN when shes comes back send out the boat.

and you dont know how powerfull this curent was it was like a funnel, and yer poor kid, poor form all factors parents shoudl be there with them at that ages tbh

Thanks
    • XA04's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570-A Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit RTX 2060
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Fractcal Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    there job isnt hard. anyone can learn the first aid they know, explain to me how its hard if you think it is, i see where your coming from xa04 but there is no getting round the fact that they were slow and shoudl and could have been quicker

i understand that they cant save every one but it the time they spenf fcuking about when they coudl have bombed it and got that boat out there it just anoyed me to the guy faffing about with ihs shirt and sunglasses, or how about just get the boat in and go not faff about.
    OK, well the things I can think of are:

Training for using a helicopter, training for using a boat (whichever they used), training for first aid. Have a very careful eye looking for the tiniest clues in the sea. Dealing with the wet, cold, possibly freezing conditions. They have to keep constantly fit, that means even in their out-of-job social life (or at least I would of thought this would be true, otherwise it would be very stupid) so that would also include going to the gym daily, and having a good diet.

If i was at night, then they will need to look even more carefully, using spotlights etc.

I haven't done the job before, and wouldn't want to. But no way on earth would I say it was easy.

If you think you can do better than them you should join up and train them all.

Plus, some kids are stupid anyway. People get taken in by the sea in Scarborough every now and then, and it's because stupid chavs think they're *hard* because they can go under waves and run away from them... although it's not always the case, about a year ago I think a family got taken in.

Thanks
    • grizzla's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T - Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 6x2GB G.Skill PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint + 250GB Maxtor MaxLine III
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward Nvidia GTX 295
      • PSU:
      • 1100W Tagan TG1100-BZ
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cosmos-S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407FWP-HC 24"
      • Internet:
      • SKY Unlimited
    Quote Originally Posted by XA04

Training for using a helicopter, training for using a boat (whichever they used), training for first aid. Have a very careful eye looking for the tiniest clues in the sea. Dealing with the wet, cold, possibly freezing conditions. They have to keep constantly fit, that means even in their out-of-job social life (or at least I would of thought this would be true, otherwise it would be very stupid) so that would also include going to the gym daily, and having a good diet.

If i was at night, then they will need to look even more carefully, using spotlights etc.

I haven't done the job before, and wouldn't want to. But no way on earth would I say it was easy.

Plus, some kids are stupid anyway. People get taken in by the sea in Scarborough every now and then, and it's because stupid chavs think they're *hard* because they can go under waves and run away from them... although it's not always the case, about a year ago I think a family got taken in.
    You are thinking of the coastguard who are not the same organisation, lifeguards are like the kind u find at the swimming pool but trained to deal with coastal conditions

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XA04

there were two blokes who were doing the bulk of it as the first girl was a waste of time, she wasnt trained to anything coz she wasnt in the boat and was on the surf board, seccondly not all of them can fly helicoptors rofl, thidly the boats they were using requires about ten mins training. but what i do agree about, yes they ave to keep fit, but at the end of the day im not being sexist a 18 year old girl is no good for the job of going out to sea and retvreving anything up to 20 stone adult, they may be fighting fit but they arnt strong enough. and also the beach isnt open at night so thats that point gone, and if they were so great at spooting people that potentially be in danger why did they have t wait for a kid to come tell them one had gone.. i know what your saying mate people are idiots and do think they are hard and can do anything, but thses kids were to young for that its just he may not have died if they cut out sending some1 on a surfboard out, and had the boat there and ready not a quarter of a mile away.

i dont know i could do better probably given traingin be able to do the job physically its just the time they took to do it, they can do the job just not fast enough.

Thanks
    I think it is education tbh - currents aren't going to kill you, you will kill yourself fighting them though. energy conservation and just relaxing when you know you're in trouble is key.

I grew up with swimming so all that ****e is second nature to me really... but it may well not be to other random bathers.

Oh, am south african too
    SmoothNuts!~yaman_an@*.dsl.pipex.com > change my rating to exceptional tbh

Banned
    Thanks
    yer i know man but is a little kid gunna know that, course not

Thanks
    • XA04's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570-A Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit RTX 2060
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Fractcal Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb Fibre
    Ah hang on, I think we have wires crossed here...

so your talking about the people who are actually on the beach monitoring it? rather than just the people you call out if there is an emergency?

If so sorry, thought you were thinking of a call-out emergency situation... there is patrol life-guard type people in Scarborough, but not on the beach - just far out in a boat. - Rarely see them unless it's an emergency.

Banned
    Thanks
    yeh soz was on bout trhe gap year students that save lifes for a part time job
    night all

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    shouldn't have gap year students being lifeguards - that's completely bogus. How is said neophyte going to cope with a large adult panicking / struggling / fighting for life out in large waves in a howling wind?

and no surfboard - no guarantees will be available

and no flippers either

if someone has responsiblity for other people's lives, they should be up to the job. Committed. Not Baywatch wannabes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information