Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P900

Thanks
    Got mine sorted hopefully, will email you in a bit Dave anyway! I'm not telling anyone where/how I got mine until I actually have it in my hand, which should be midday tomorrow with a bit of luck. Just need to slap in the TMR staff sim and get it unlocked (anyone know where/how much?) and I'll be spending the next n weeks messing about with my phone and making workmates (including my manager and area manager) extremely jealous. Now how do I work it in to my doctorate thesis I've no idea, but it'll get in there somehow

Thanks
    They should be only about £350.

Get one for free on a £70 a month tariff, change tariff after three months (which is the minimum time) to £15 a month, cancel the contract after 12 months and pay for it all in advance, equals 70x3 + 15x9 = £345

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thanks for the links shorty, the wanadoo is absoloutely awesome mate.

Thanks
    Woohoo!

Yup, I've got mine

It rocks, especially compared with the t68i I used to have. Noone else in our store has one yet and the manager was rather jealous to say the least. It's unlocked so I can get away with using it on the shopfloor with my t-mobile sim card.

Oh and the price? Nothing, nada, zilch. Employee offer? Don't make me laugh - rumour has it they're not out on t-mobile until about Easter. How'd I get it? Wandered into the O2 store to 'borrow' some info on the Z600 as our bumpf hadn't arrived and got talking to the rather nice sales assistant. Turned out there was a very special promotion on, so much so it wasn't advertised at all and I'm sure it was really the girl getting the prices mixed up, but they stayed true to their words and I walked out of the O2 store this morning with a nice new P900 for free on O2 400 (£45/month) also happy in the knowledge that I can change my tariff after just three months which suits me fine as I should be getting my Staff Plan sim from T-mobile about then (won't go into details, but 2p/min x-net and £2 monthly rental sound nice?)

Am looking for suggestions for mp3 clips for message alerts, ringtones etc, and better games to download than V-rally (how hard to control!?!)

Thanks
    I linked a bunch of sites earlier in this thread

I've had mine for just over two weeks and I love it

Especially walking into the phone shops around town last Thursday and listening to them telling me they aren't out yet.. and then me producing it from my pocket.. and saying "oh really"... hehehehe
    "In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Thanks
    Am browsing those sites now. Is painful on 56k. Will probably wait until I go into uni before getting a mass download on. Have you tried encoding any videos? I attempted to use the pvRecorder to reencode divx4 to mp4 p900 settings but it was too jerky. May have to invest in pvAuthor.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Zathras

got talking to the rather nice sales assistant. Turned out there was a very special promotion on, so much so it wasn't advertised at all and I'm sure it was really the girl getting the prices mixed up, but they stayed true to their words and I walked out of the O2 store this morning with a nice new P900 for free on O2 400 (£45/month) also happy in the knowledge that I can change my tariff after just three months which suits me fine
    She was dead right it is free on o2 400 and above and as far as the tariff change after 3 months we are not allowed to tell the customers this in store as it is upto customer services and in some occasions they have made the customers wait 6 months rather than 3.

Also as far as unlocking all o2 pay monthly phones should come unlocked as standard.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Zathras
    Am browsing those sites now. Is painful on 56k. Will probably wait until I go into uni before getting a mass download on. Have you tried encoding any videos? I attempted to use the pvRecorder to reencode divx4 to mp4 p900 settings but it was too jerky. May have to invest in pvAuthor.
    Try pvAuthor, it's profiles are currently only for the P800, which is the same problem as pvRecorder. Limited to a poor frame rate. I tweak it to the source frame rate to get smooth performance

Thanks
    Am going to download pvAuthor at Uni later. No way does 13mb on 56k go. I've also got it confirmed in writing about the 3 month thing, so it'll be either I get three months or I sue O2 retail

Where's all the freeware for this phone? I'm rather disappointed about the amount of apps that are charged for. So far I've got the Ogg player, an updated calculator and that's about it. Need a freecell/spider/normal solitaire game, a decent mp3/ogg player with tracklists/playlist and something to allow me to read usenet news on the go. A london A-Z/tube map would be nice too.

DR
    Thanks
    Still don't have mine...

Thanks
    Originally posted by David
    Still don't have mine...
    I would not want to be Orange right now..

Thanks
    Well, work (T-mobile) just cleared the Luton O2 store of stock on the free/£45-month deal. People were wondering why our staff came back from lunch breaks with O2 bags! Talking of lunchbreaks, mine's now over so must dash back!

DR
    Thanks
    Got mine, took ages to sort it - happy now

Thanks
    Got my P900

Just installing the standard SE software on the PC, then onto the goodies.

Any Gotcha's to watch out for?

Thanks
    Yeah, the bugger crashing. Never had to reboot but the music player tends to bomb every now and again, as do other programs at random. Don't go really low on memory as often pictures won't scale up/zoom but give you a red cross. Oh and get msn/icq Agile Mobile program. Not got the link but much cheaper than sms. I presume you've worked out you can plug the charger into the bottom of the USB cradle/stand and charge the phone at the same time as using it with the PC - took me a while to work out that one.

Thanks
    do a google search for lemmings.sis for some uber fun!

Thread Information