Greetings Hexites,
Just returned from a couple of weeks in South Africa - was generally warm, but considerably more dangerous than previous visits... still good fun catching up with friends and family!
Moving in day today, first day in New House - so I'm off to meet the movers at storage unit, then past house to grab all the clothes and bits - then we'll be moved in.
Have I mentioned BT sucks the serious telecomms company?
I'm outside the NTL catchment area, so have to have a line installed by BT - fine, thinks I, I'll call up and get something organised -they should be able to sort out an installation, after all - I'm giving them a month's notice (this was first of december)
No record of post code - ok, that's cool, it's a brand new house on a brand new street! Give them a week or two - finally get in contact again on the 14th of december - earliest installation date - 16th of Jan.
Still better than Sky's offer.... 20th of Dec or 9th of September (due to a bug in their booking system)
Have called BT 3 times since then, still no movement.
They freely admit that there's no actual requirement to visit the site as the line only should have to be connected at the exchange, then tested. it's certainly more annoying than anything else I've encountered - Sky are booked to come in tomorrow so if I see a BT van I shall have to kidnap them.

Sunny Xmas was a blast, roast turkey and all the trimmings - then swimming in the pool with 2 mad labs was just too funny!