Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are *Look*

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Graphics Card Warranties - Let's see how good they really are *Look*

EVGA have always had the best reputation as far as I can tell, between their support and the step up program I would gladly wait for their 1080s to be widely available rather than ship an Asus card to another country.

Thanks

Mind If i use your chart? I'll link put a link to this post aswell and give you credit

Registered+
    Thanks

Really pleased to see this still being updated, a big thank you to OP.

Secondly, EVGA now has a UK RMA base? Excellent news.

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband

Updated the front page.

1. Zotac RMA's are no longer processed in the UK, they are sent to Hong Kong, so dropped it from the Green section and moved it to Red.
    2. Also updated all the web links for the brands as a few were out of date.

If any of the information is incorrect, or you have new info from a recent RMA, then please let me know in this thread and I'll update the list again.

5. Received thanks from:

Jonj1611 (20-08-2016),kalniel (20-08-2016)

Thanks

Hi. This list is pretty great. I found it some time ago and was keeping an eye on it, it's amazing that you're still updating it. I've also done some research into it and I have some remarks/questions:

- Does Gigabyte accept RMAs? According to their support page (sorry, can't link): "Please contact the location where the original order was placed."

- I couldn't find MSIs warranty terms for the UK (the site redirects to the global one), but in the German version it is written that warranty is limited to 3 years from the date of production. Does that mean you could potentially get only two years of service if you buy a year old gpu?

- For companies with an RMA center in Hong Kong do you need to send the card and pay shipping yourself (particularly interested in Zotac).

- Since I currently reside in Greece, do you maybe know if some of these companies have additional RMA centers in Europe (closer to me)? I think EVGA has one in Germany, but I don't know about anyone else.

My current 270x started crashing just a few months after the 2-year warranty (I wish I had this table back then when I was buying it - I would definitely have stayed away from XFX) and I'm thinking of getting an serious upgrade by buying the GTX 1070. My three main options are a KFA2 EX for 430€, a Zotac AMP! for 470€ and an EVGA FTW for 490€. It's a pretty expensive card, so warranty is important. I was leaning towards the Zotac, since it has 5 year warranty by default, which in the case of the EVGA would cost me an additional 20€, but if I have to send it to Hong Kong it's probably not going to be worth it 2+ years down the road (the first two years are covered by the retailer anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Well, they were 4 1/2 years ago when the thread was started....
    Are you refering to Amazon or to EVGA? Is it because EVGA canceled their lifetime warranties (which admittedly sucked)? I thought they were still top of the pack, just not so far ahead from the others. Is the reason to consider them mediocre now?

Thanks

Just out of interest I am having trouble trying to RMA my Palit 980 Jetstream via Amazon who I bought the Card from, the Palit website says to deal with the retailer and Amazon have told me to deal with the manufacturer. I honestly don't know what to do, Amazon have offered me £160 as a goodwill gesture but is that them admitting some liability do you think? Has anyone had this issue with Palit cards bought on Amazon?

Thanks

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by honj90
    Hi. This list is pretty great. I found it some time ago and was keeping an eye on it, it's amazing that you're still updating it. I've also done some research into it and I have some remarks/questions:

- Does Gigabyte accept RMAs? According to their support page (sorry, can't link): "Please contact the location where the original order was placed."
    I would send an e-mail to this link >> http://esupport.gigabyte.com/Question/Tech?Country=Greece#3

- I couldn't find MSIs warranty terms for the UK (the site redirects to the global one), but in the German version it is written that warranty is limited to 3 years from the date of production. Does that mean you could potentially get only two years of service if you buy a year old gpu?
    Your warranty starts as soon as you receive your goods. Warranty is 3 years as far as I'm aware. EU law covers you for 2 years.

- For companies with an RMA center in Hong Kong do you need to send the card and pay shipping yourself (particularly interested in Zotac).
    Depends, as an example OcUK will deal with the warranty for the 5 years, this means you could send them the card, then they would ship it to Hong Kong. Some retailers will state that they will only deal with it in the first year, like mentioned in the link below, for the first two years the seller should deal with the warranty, anything else depends on any additional consumer laws provided by where you are resident.

- Since I currently reside in Greece, do you maybe know if some of these companies have additional RMA centers in Europe (closer to me)? I think EVGA has one in Germany, but I don't know about anyone else.
    The list on the front page has the places of contact for the UK only, however EVGA does have it's main RMA base in Germany. As you are in Greece you are covered by EU Law, which states the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund, so really that's who you should contact. EVGA you can go direct with.

Link to EU Law >> http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

My current 270x started crashing just a few months after the 2-year warranty (I wish I had this table back then when I was buying it - I would definitely have stayed away from XFX) and I'm thinking of getting an serious upgrade by buying the GTX 1070. My three main options are a KFA2 EX for 430€, a Zotac AMP! for 470€ and an EVGA FTW for 490€. It's a pretty expensive card, so warranty is important. I was leaning towards the Zotac, since it has 5 year warranty by default, which in the case of the EVGA would cost me an additional 20€, but if I have to send it to Hong Kong it's probably not going to be worth it 2+ years down the road (the first two years are covered by the retailer anyway).
    If you are living in Greece, I think your best option is to go with EVGA, at least you know you will have decent RMA support.

Thanks

Re: Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are *Look*

Has anyone had any experience with ordering/returns from Amazon Warehouse? I'm tempted by some of the graphics card offerings but as far as I'm aware the manufacturer's warranty is no longer valid. If so I suppose it may not be worth it if I end up having to RMA. In that case I think I'd go for an EVGA card from my experience of their great warranty on my PSU.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nellyt. View Post
    If you are living in Greece, I think your best option is to go with EVGA, at least you know you will have decent RMA support.
    Ηi, thanks a lot for your reply.

I was by some of these surprised by the contradictions, but I just looked it up again and Gigabyte does indeed accept direct RMAs for the UK, but for some reason this is not the case for every European country. In the German version they say the accept RMAs only from distributors, in the Greek version they don't even mention graphics cards (even though they are actually quite popular over here).

The MSI one is still a bit confusing, I agree that it makes sense for the warranty to start from the purchase date, but when I look up warranty in the UK site it redirects me to the global one which just says warranty terms depends on your region. The German MSI site actually has warranty info, but says the 3 years start from the production date de.msi.com/page/garantie.

In any case you are right, I've decided to save myself the hassle and go with EVGA, I was just surprised how hard it was to find accurate warranty information from such big companies.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • BiggYinn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair V formula Z
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX9370
      • Memory:
      • 32GB avexir PC19200 4x8gb
      • Storage:
      • 120gb ssd o/s 2x256gb ssd 2x 1tg wd black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9-290X windforce (4gb)
      • PSU:
      • Superflower leadex 1000w 80+ platinum
      • Case:
      • NZXT Switch 810 white
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10pro 64bit (upgraded from win7 ultimate64bit)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 1080p 27" 2ms ips (cant remember model)
      • Internet:
      • Gigabit lan , throught virgin media hub 2, 206mbps ... Or very poor sky xdsl broadband from partners

Re: Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are *Look*

Thanks for the great information , I was just about to order an ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    but having read that asus are still useless and you have to jump through hoops depending on where you buy it from , i don't know if i'm willing to buy this brand again ,have bought in the past (even concidering the asus z170 maximus VIII hero mobo)

Can any of you guys recommend equivilents based on brand and your own experience?

Raiyze

Thank god I saw this, I guess I'll order my Strix 1070 from amazon then

Thanks

Something I noticed about Amazon recently is there doesn't seem to be an automated option for warranty returns any more? Like, you can do it all online for the first few weeks after purchasing but after that the button disappears and it's tricky to find out what to do to contact them. I think you just have to phone them but I'm sure it never used to be like that? I could be wrong...

Registered+
    Thanks

My Palit GTX 970 Jetstream decided to commit suicide while I was playing Fallout 4 last night, guess it couldn't cope with rendering the post apocalyptic world and wanted an easy way out. Anyway I bought this card in 2015 from amazon and I knew the warranty is going to be up in April this year, I went to the the palit website and found this:

RMA

FOR END-USERS
    If you did not purchase Palit's products directly from us, please contact with your direct vendor for RMA service.
    Went straight to amazon at this point and noticed there was no return button, so figured I would message them just to ask about the RMA process. Within 5 minutes they refunded the full £270 I paid 20 months ago.

My experience seems to be working out great but it does expose the flaws, I mean how can a manufacturer expect every retailer to deal with the long term warranties? Luckily I bought this off amazon but I can imagine what would of happened if I bought it off an unofficial reseller or of a random ebay store even if it failed sooner like within the first few months of purchase.

That's why I'm pretty much going to stick to the green list in the future whether bought from amazon or not as I could of quite easily been stung.

16. Received thanks from:

watercooled (14-02-2017)

Thanks

Thanks for posting your experience with Amazon - I did wonder what would happen once that return button disappeared. I guess they just want to run it past a human before authorising a load of older returns e.g. to stop people abusing it.

I agree though - it's a bit worrying they bounced you back to the retailer for RMA.

Thanks

good info i suspect knowing that would prob influence most peoples decision as to winch card to go for

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information