Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a GTX 670... Any specific models or brands I should avoid?

ZaO

Re: Thinking of buying a GTX 670... Any specific models or brands I should avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay88 View Post
    Yeah it is. I got impatient when I wanted to get my 670 and I bought it on CC. Sold my 6970 the other day for £150 including the AX cooler. That guy got a cracking deal.

I'm off work at the moment due to knee surgery so that £150 is going on other bills and not paying off my CC unfortunately.
    Well at least you can enjoy that new graphics card I suppose Thing is, I could've had a GTX 670 but I changed my mind last minute and bought the 7970. So now I gotta lose out by selling that and then get a GTX 670 lol. I'm such a silly impulse buyer sometimes...

ZaO

Re: Thinking of buying a GTX 670... Any specific models or brands I should avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by rs4847 View Post
    There are no other temp sensors, probably part of making the reference 670 cheaper.

Anyway peak Heaven 3.0 values:

Even with the noise I still prefer the reference blower cooler as I like hot air being removed from my case rather than being pushed about.
    Oh right. Out of sight, out of mind I guess haha Thanks for posting back with that though

Registered+
    Thanks
    • sonico11's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-950
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 4TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x3TB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xATi Radeon HD 6850 in Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • (Can't remember brand...) 850W
      • Case:
      • Raidmax Altas
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ EW2730
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2 (76Mb/s Download)

Avoid the Zotac AMP edition - they are loud as hell which is a shame because of their power and out-of-box OC boost

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by sonico11 View Post
    Avoid the Zotac AMP edition - they are loud as hell which is a shame because of their power and out-of-box OC boost
    Thanks for the heads up

Thanks
    • timread's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX
      • Storage:
      • 1x WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD, , 1x Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, 2x WD 1TB HDD in RAID1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti WINDFORCE OC 6G
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 750W Gold Gen2
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R3 Arctic White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 2590 G4, Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia

Keep an eye out for Scan TodayOnly offers. Yesterday they had the 2GB Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X at £305.99. That's only £20 more than the cheapest reference GTX 670 they're selling. If you're spending ~£285, what's another £20?

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by timread View Post
    Keep an eye out for Scan TodayOnly offers. Yesterday they had the 2GB Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X at £305.99. That's only £20 more than the cheapest reference GTX 670 they're selling. If you're spending ~£285, what's another £20?
    Yeh that's the one I really want. Shame I didn't have the money yesterday. I've just decided I'm gonna make it my mission to get that Gigabyte model. IT WILL BE MINE!!

7. Received thanks from:

blueball

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    Yeh that's the one I really want. Shame I didn't have the money yesterday. I've just decided I'm gonna make it my mission to get that Gigabyte model. IT WILL BE MINE!!
    You won't regret it. Utterly quiet and takes everything you can throw at it

Thanks
    • Jasp's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k @ 3.4GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 512Gb Crucial MX100 1 x 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 670 SC
      • PSU:
      • 850W Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Coolmaster Haf X V2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M 1920X1200
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL

Got the 670 SC here myself, had it since release got it on a misprice at £300

Just done some testing, running stock playing Max Payne 3 i get 72c tops with 45% fan usage on automatic.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...shots/?tab=all

Couple of screenshots on here with MSI Afterburner running, game averages anywere from 120fps outside to 300fps inside with everything on max.

ZaO

Nice Thanks for the help all. I am definitely getting the Gigabyte windforce x3. Hoping to get hold of one in about a week if I can get the cash together. I'm excited like a kid on the build up to christmas haha ^_^

Registered+
    Thanks
    • PmanUk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770k @ 4.95ghz!
      • Memory:
      • 4x4Gb Dominator 1833
      • Storage:
      • 2x 120Gb Cosair GT3, 1x 256gb Crucial M4, 3x WD 2Tb Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 2Gb EVGA 670 FTW
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850w HX
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D VG278H
      • Internet:
      • 24mb ADSL

I have 2 of the EVGA FTW cards and they are brilliant, they are on the 680 PCB which means you can water cool them easily should you so wish (confirmed by EVGA) they have an amazing warranty as well.

I would buy these again in a heart beat.

Pman

Thanks
    • timread's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX
      • Storage:
      • 1x WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD, , 1x Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, 2x WD 1TB HDD in RAID1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti WINDFORCE OC 6G
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 750W Gold Gen2
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R3 Arctic White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 2590 G4, Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia

Hey ZaO, Scan have the Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x back on TodayOnly @ £305.99. It should be there until ~2pm tomorrow (Weds) at that price.

I got mine a week ago at this price. Really pleased with the card, it's very quiet and fits in well with the rest of my system.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by timread View Post
    Hey ZaO, Scan have the Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x back on TodayOnly @ £305.99. It should be there until ~2pm tomorrow (Weds) at that price.

I got mine a week ago at this price. Really pleased with the card, it's very quiet and fits in well with the rest of my system.
    Man that's frustrating. I'm expecting to have the money this Saturday so hopefully it'll be discounted then!

Thanks
    • ladcrooks's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE EX58-UDR3
      • CPU:
      • i7920 @ 3.4ghz - NOCTUA SE1366 NH-U12P
      • Memory:
      • Patriot Viper 6GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD 7970 OC WindForce
      • PSU:
      • SEASONIC M12D 750W QUAD GFX
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-B10
      • Operating System:
      • win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32'' LGTV 1080p

It says it is on that page but when you click the link to it, it's just normal price :/ Either way I can't anyways because I've got to sell my 7970 first to raise the funds...
    why do you want to sell the hd7970?

i looked at the hd7970 and the gtx670 for weeks and weeks, almost in tears as what to get, ha! But when them hd7970's came down in price - it was not a hard choice! A lot more for my money! 3 gig and compute power! Maybe wrong, but i feel better for the years to come with my choice! And think about it - top amd card vs nivada lower end product. Don't want to start a war as i am no fanboy to either!

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by ladcrooks View Post
    why do you want to sell the hd7970?

i looked at the hd7970 and the gtx670 for weeks and weeks, almost in tears as what to get, ha! But when them hd7970's came down in price - it was not a hard choice! A lot more for my money! 3 gig and compute power! Maybe wrong, but i feel better for the years to come with my choice! And think about it - top amd card vs nivada lower end product. Don't want to start a war as i am no fanboy to either!
    Yeh I found it really hard to decide between them to. I originally wanted a 670 but then last minute bought a 7970, then changed my mind shortly after lol. I've been using amd cards for years so feel like a change. Also the 670 performs better on bf3 which quite important to me seeing as it's one of my most played games. The extra gb of vram on the 7970 is nice but I'm not that bothered about it really. I only game on one screen... Also you are mistaken in saying "lower end nvidia product". Check out the benchmarks and you will see. I'm just awaiting payment for my 7970 so I can purchase the 670 now. Hope scan have some kind of discount on it when I have the cash!

Thanks

what do you guys think about Palit? cheapest one, but should be ok right? Any one bought Jetstream?

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Also you are mistaken in saying "lower end nvidia product". Check out the benchmarks and you will see.
    Sometimes it's not just about the benchmarks - the 670 is certainly at least the same performance level as the 7970, but you know that you're getting a chip that is not electrically perfect, otherwise it would have gone in a 680. Of course, there's no such thing as perfect, and the reason the 670 shaders/speeds are selected is because it should still be perfectly stable, but when you get a top range (for the architecture) chip you're getting the near the finest quality produced as well, so in that respect a comparison of a top end AMD product against a lower end nVidia product is worth making.. but I wouldn't worry about it too much

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information