Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LG L1915S 19in 12ms tft monitor under £300

Thanks
    There's always one...
    The link will get you a PDF factsheet of the F-419/F-419STD from Neovo.
    In the factsheet you'll see the response times quoted as 15/10 (R/F).
    The R/F means rise and fall.
    You said that one of their engineers is quoting these as VGA and D-SUB times. If that's the quality of engineering staff, maybe that's another good reason not to buy one of these models.

www.paysan.co.uk/pages/downloads/F-419.pdf

Gateshead/Blueyonderland-Sky-Vergin on mad
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clogman
    There's always one...
    The link will get you a PDF factsheet of the F-419/F-419STD from Neovo.
    In the factsheet you'll see the response times quoted as 15/10 (R/F).
    The R/F means rise and fall.
    You said that one of their engineers is quoting these as VGA and D-SUB times. If that's the quality of engineering staff, maybe that's another good reason not to buy one of these models.

www.paysan.co.uk/pages/downloads/F-419.pdf
    Please yourself mate.
    I said an engineer who works there. He`s actually a mechanical engineer not actually involved with the panels, I just asked him to get me some info as the AG pdf wouldn`t come up for me.
    That`s the older spec panels as ours (from the delivered spec sheet) are quoted as 0.26 dot pitch and I`ve been told they have used 2 different panels. And that was from our suppliers who aren`t in the UK but I had reason to speak to them today.
    Whatever, I still haven`t managed to get machine time to actually test the onsite ones but running the LG and the AG side by side at home (one of the beauties of LCD`s is you actually do have the space ) and feeding them off a pair of 9800SE AIW`s on identical dual AMD`s, I can see very little difference between them whatever the figures are except I`d give the edge to the dvi on the AG for being a bit crisper.
    Certainly haven`t noted any ghosting or tearing at all on either on several dvds and HL2/America`s Army and general use.
    That`s my own subjective opinion, YMMV.

Gateshead/Blueyonderland-Sky-Vergin on mad
    Thanks
    OK, my last word.
    I can`t get server time to use our software tests but I`ve run Monitor Test which has a pixel speed test.
    The AG is slower than the LG on D sub, exhibiting tearing on 600 pixel test but about the same on dvi on the AG as opposed to only d sub on the LG.
    You also need to check on which panel is used as both have been available with 6 and 8 bit panels, dependent on market and date of production.
    Everybody seems to quote different specs and it`s difficult to get accurate info on what is actually in stock especially on whether the times quoted are rise and fall or across the 2 inputs and also whether they are 16.2M colours or 16.7M.
    Ours are German sourced if that makes any difference (does to us) and they are normally VERY careful when quoting tech specs on orders.
    Subjectively, running them side by side on as near identical systems as possible with the same game demo and dvd running, there is very little difference except perhaps the dvi on the AG is a little crisper and very slightly better on dark images.
    I just like having one of each but now that means I`m also going to have to upgrade my video cards and do dual head.
    Just hope they don`t want these spares back in a hurry cos that`ll mean I`ll have to waste my Xmas bonus on actually buying some.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information