Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst 5.3 Available Now

Thanks

Catalyst 5.3 Available Now

I just got word from our friends at ATi that CATALYST 5.3 is now available. The focus of the new version is upon new features, most notably OpenGL 2.0:
    OpenGL version 2.0 Support

The CATALYST(tm) Software Suite 5.3 introduces OpenGL Version 2.0 support. This version of OpenGL will be in line with the latest GL ARB approved specifications. New to this specification are GLSL, non-power-of-two-textures, separate stencil, multiple render targets, and point sprites.

OVERDRIVE(tm) Version 4

The CATALYST(tm) Software Suite 5.3 introduces the latest version of OVERDRIVE(tm). OVERDRIVE 4 includes a new 3D test and extra safety checks to ensure the best over-clocking experience - allowing manual over-clocking of both engine and memory while keeping the user's graphics card safe from any of the dangers associated with conventional over clocking utilities.

eRecord

The CATALYST(tm) Software Suite 5.3 introduces a new feature named eRecord. This feature is the first error logging system used by the ATI RAEDON(tm) Software driver. The eRecord feature provides a mechanism for software components to output error messages. A new Systems Messages (Event Viewer) menu has been added to the CATALYST(tm) Control Center system tray. This launches the Event Viewer, providing a mechanism for users to view the error messages.

Windows XP Media Center Edition Display Control Panel Extension

The CATALYST(tm) Software Suite 5.3 introduces enhanced capabilities of the display panel through a Windows Media Center Edition look-alike control panel. The control panel options include:

· Display devices. Provides the ability to select preferred display devices such as TVs, LCDs, or monitors
    · Display options. A user controllable option for desktop color, brightness, and contrast.

Issues Resolved:

As with every CATALYST(tm) release a number of issues have been resolved:

· 3DMark2001: A black screen is no longer displayed when launching 3DMark2001 after launching Aquamark3, when the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER is installed. Topic number 737-1140

· Code Creatures: Running the benchmark under Windows XP SP2 with an ATI RADEON(tm) 9250 installed, and the desktop display set to either 1600x1200, 1280x1024, or 1024x768 no longer results in the ground textures appearing corrupted. Topic number 737-10108

· Pacific Fighters: Playing the game after playing any track for a short period of time and having the landscape detail set to perfect no longer results in the clouds becoming blocking when flying. Topic number 737-209

· Thief Deadly Shadows: Setting the desktop display to 1024x768 32bpp and setting the Texture Preference to High Performance in the control panel no longer results in corruption being seen at the end of the introduction movie. Topic number 737-10109

· Attempting to apply a higher refresh rate to a non-DDC monitor no longer results in the refresh rate reverting to 60hz. Topic number 737-10101

· Accessing the Problem Report Wizard option from the ATI icon in the system tray no longer results in Problem Report Wizard not being translated in the supported localized languages. Topic number 737-341

· Entering the Video option found in the Graphic Setting tab of the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the side scroll bar being missing for the secondary display device connected to an ATI RADEON(tm) 9800 series under Windows XP. Topic number 737-347

· The Welcome tab found in the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER is now completely localized for the Japanese version of Windows XP, or 2000. Topic number 737-351

· Using the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER to access the Display Manager no longer results in corruption being seen on top of menu text in the Dutch, French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions of Windows XP. Topic number 737-353

· The TV formats now corresponds to the country selected in the TV properties. Topic number 737-1438
    · Having a CRT and TV connected to the ATI RADEON(tm) X850 series no longer results in the TV image quality page not being grayed out when enable video mode is enabled. Topic number 737-1439

· Launching the Hotkey Manager found in the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the Hotkey Manager window not closing when hitting the ESC key. Topic number 737-10097

· Using the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER to access the Display Manager no longer results in corruption being seen on top of menu text in the Dutch, French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions of Windows XP

· Entering the Video option found in the Graphic Setting tab of the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the side scroll bar being missing for the secondary display device connected to an ATI RADEON(tm) 9800 series under Windows XP

· Creating a profile for clone or stretch mode and attempting to change to that mode from an extended desktop mode, no longer results in the task failing to complete. Topic number 737-10098

· The Windows desktop and Full-screen video options are no longer missing when clicking the back button found in the Video Wizard of the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER. Topic number 737-10098

· The CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER tool bar now displays correctly after applying a new skin and restarting the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER. Topic number737-10098

· Defining a custom view in the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER by deselecting the graphic adapter and applying the changes, no longer results in the Advanced view taking on the properties of the defined custom view. Topic number 737-10102

· The font size used in the CATALYST(tm) CONTROL CENTER for the Quicksilver and Steelblue skins have been readjusted in order to be seen clearer. Topic number 737-10103

· Enabling Temporal AA no longer results in a noticeable flicker on the display device. Topic number 737-10103
    Grab the Control Panel version here or the CATALYST control center version if that tickles your fancy. Otherwise check out the ATI Knowledgebase for more driver options.
    Last edited by Steve; 13-03-2005 at 10:50 PM.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    Just back from CeBIT and wanted to post a few replies to feel 'connected to the world again'

A friend of mine rang me to say that the KOTOR performance drop in some of the shops on Dantooine seems to have been fixed
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks
    Welcome back from Hannover
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    Had some weird experiences...

...but none quite so strange as walking over to the Munchnerhalle for a 'Taiwan Nights !' event with the wonderful people from Tul...

...speaking to PD on my mobile all the way there...

...then - as I reach the massive Halle itself...

...picking up a '4-Man-Hard-Core-HEXUS-Bodyguard-Detail' consisting of Doc, Rys, Andy and Nick !

Picture it

ATI man in black trenchcoat - whispering to 'El Presidente' on cell phone - surrounded by 4 massive guys in 'questionable' attire ('broad-strokes' artist's impression below)

Only thing missing was the helicopter and red carpet

HEXUS

Taz
    Thanks
    • Taz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270 HD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 7600K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB (PCIe) + 1TB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (SATA)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS550M 550W Hybrid
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source 340
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 34" Asus Designo Curve MX34VQ UWQHD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media M350
    Installed it this morning. How do you use Overdrive 4? Could not find a way to tune engine and memory.

Thanks
    Andrzej are u saying the 'el presidente' is actually a pig?

About Catalyst, does it actually help performance in D3d, if not Im not gonna bother, ATI Tool is probably better for mem clocking... Does Opengl 2.0 help Doom3?
    Last edited by tom deloford; 14-03-2005 at 11:50 AM.
    Athlon 3500+ | 1Gb Ram
    ATI X800 XT PE | Blackgold TV Card
    Raptor 74Gb OS/Games | 200Gb Storage
    Samsung 21inch TFT | Freecom16x DVD/RW

Thanks
    Interesting...OpenGL 2.0 support. I wonder what performance benefits we would get. I will most likely have to wait for the Omega release since I have a Mobility 9800 GPU and ATI Catalyst drivers do not work right off the bat unless I use some sort of modding tool.

Thanks
    I think the key question here is:

"Which games support OpenGL 2.0?"
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    I think the key question here is:

"Which games support OpenGL 2.0?"
    chronicles of riddick do and doom 3 will likely ahve a update.
    installing the 5.3 i get a major speed bump in doom 3 at least 5 fps, havent measured the old 5.2 speed but i can bump up 2x aa up to 4aa and 8af up to 16af and get stable 25 fps which i couldnt do before. btw this is on high setting.
    freeze your mind

Thanks
    I have done some checking and can report...

ATI was voted on to the OpenGL Board as a permanent member in a meeting that took place at the end of 2001

Given that our closest competitor did not get voted onto the permanent board until October 2003...

...maybe it is not a surprise that CATALYST 5.3 is the world's first WHQL certified driver to support OpenGL2.0

There are a lot of projects in the pipeline from various companies looking to use the features of OpenGL 2.0 - but it would be for them to make the announcements

I have also noticed a boost in Doom 3 scores of a few percent... which is never a bad thing

As far as support for the advanced features in OverDrive 4 - these will only be available on the recently launched R480/481 and newer hardware because of the hard/firm/soft-ware required to make it work

BTW: The 'surrounded' person on the phone would be me
    HEXUS

Taz
    Thanks
    • Taz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270 HD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 7600K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB (PCIe) + 1TB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (SATA)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS550M 550W Hybrid
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source 340
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 34" Asus Designo Curve MX34VQ UWQHD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media M350
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej
    As far as support for the advanced features in OverDrive 4 - these will only be available on the recently launched R480/481 and newer hardware because of the hard/firm/soft-ware required to make it work
    BTW: The 'surrounded' person on the phone would be me
    I have a bog standard X800 XT so I guess that won't support the advanced features in Overdrive 4?

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor
    Im curious aswell.. would my x800xt pe agp be R480/481??

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    Sorry to be thick but is this driver for the 9800 pro as well, I have lost track since the new range of ati cards.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooms
    Im curious aswell.. would my x800xt pe agp be R480/481??
    No, R480 = X850 XT/PT

Sorry to be thick but is this driver for the 9800 pro as well, I have lost track since the new range of ati cards.
    Yes, but not sure if you see much benefit?
    Athlon 3500+ | 1Gb Ram
    ATI X800 XT PE | Blackgold TV Card
    Raptor 74Gb OS/Games | 200Gb Storage
    Samsung 21inch TFT | Freecom16x DVD/RW

Thanks
    CATALYST is for all Radeon cards. Of course, most of the performance benefits will be seen on the latest cards, but bug fixes and other issues are likely to be resolved for some older cards too.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooms
    ...I'm curious...
    Sorry - only X850 versions are based on the R480 core

HEXUS

Thread Information