Hi everyone,

thanks for all you guys posting - I'ts helped me make a good few decisions in planning my next system which is finally starting to come togeather. I had an Alienware Laptop (naively lured by the concept of upgradable graphics) whose removable card went bang on me (loving the irony right?). Alienware won't sell me a new one so I now have a nice and shiny new paperweight. Good times...ahhh well what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so now I have moved onto my next project.

A nice and new Shuttle XPC system. I travel between the UK and the US every couple of months 'cos my family is in both places and so I need a system I can take with me. This is the setup I'm going with:

ST20G5 : (AMD 939, SATA, pci xpress)
AMN 3700 San Diego (1 MB cache)
Corsair 1 gig (One stick until I can afford another for dual channel - not sure what timings yet)
36 gig raptor
NEC 8x DL

Now for the graphics card I'm in two minds. The power supply is 240. I can upgrade to 300 which I probably will but I'm worried a new graphics card will overload the system. Thoughts?

I just entered the 7800gt contest as this would be the perfrect card for what I want. Something to play Oblivion on when it comes out and something to play BF2 on now. My LCD is only 1280x1024 so I'm not too worried about ultra high settings - just so it looks pretty. If not the 7800gt do you think the 800Xl would be a good bet?

Thanks in adavance for everything. Cheers.

Adam

PS Didn't want to put this in the contest post incase they thought I was trying to get another post in but I had a great idea for a new song:

(Imagine British person trying to sing in a southern accent)

Ohhhhaaaa Hexus, won’t you buy me a 7800gt,
My friends are all ATI fanboys,
I must make amends…

I'm tired of low frame rates and getting pwned,

Whoaaa...Hexus won’t you give me a 7800gt…That’s it.

Ok so its not going to be No 1. but its a start