Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMD Phenom II X4 995 Low Core Speed

Thanks

Re: AMD Phenom II X4 995 Low Core Speed

Not all motherboards have a CMOS reset button, most have a jumper which is normally labelled something like CLR CMOS which you move to connect the two pins for a second or two then move it back again.

Thanks

I did see something called CLR_CMOS, but I don't really get what to do... But will it even change anything? I'm pretty sure my BIOS was updated successfully, and I get any start up errors...

Looks computer store aren't going to do anything to help. They are happy to let me keep the processor. Is it possible that it was a dodgy one?

Thanks

After updating the BIOS and provided the system is booting properly you'll want to go into BIOS setup and select load optimised defaults then save+exit. On the next boot you should go into BIOS setup again and check through BIOS settings to make sure everything is OK - you'll want to double-check CPU clock etc.

Thanks

Loaded optimised defaults, then went to Fox Central Control Unit\Fox Intelligent Overclock.
    "CPU Clock" is set to 200.
    "PCIE Clock" is set to 100.
    "CPU Multiplier Adjust" is set to Auto.

Under some else's advice I changed the CPU Multiplier Adjust to x16 (as 16x200=3200). When I started Windows a blue screen came up telling me that Windows had shut down in order to protect my pc from damage.

It may also be interesting to note that according to FOX ONE, the CPU fan is running at 4000 rpm, while the SYS. Fan is running at 0 rpm.

Thanks

Is this your motherboard :http://www.foxconnchannel.com/produc...D=en-us0000412

If so AMD Phenom II X4 955 is not listed on the compatibility list for the MB, I think your options are:
    1) buy an new motherboard
    2) wait for a new bios update - you could do with some info from fox conn as to id they are going to release a bios update to make the board compatable with the X4 955
    3) sent the CPU back and get a Phenom II X4 945 or another CPU that is compatible with the motherboard.

You might be able to get a refund if you purchased the CPU and motherboard from the shop on their advice. If you chose them yourself without checking compatibility then you probably have no redress with the shop - unless you can appeal to their better nature...

Thanks

Thanks for the continued support.

Yes, that is my motherboard.
    The BIOS version "846F1P07" (Update AGESA code to 3.3.2.4.) should make my motherboard compatible with this processor.
    I'm rather reluctant to buy a new motherboard as I don't really think I could put it in, and I don't think I can afford it. If there is no other option, then maybe...
    The CPU and the motherboard were bought already inside the tower, as was everything else. After calling the computer store, they said that since the processor was recognised before windows booted, it was not a hardware problem. They then refused to make any modifications based on this, and told me "my windows" must be the problem. Lastly I was told to email FOXCONN if I couldn't resolve the issue. I wait dubiously for their reply...

One of my friends recommended that I take it to a different computer store to get it diagnosed, but money is still a bit of an issue.

Edit: Looking back at the motherboard's overview on the FOXCONN website, it says that there are 8 USB ports. I can only spot 6 on mine...

Thanks

I would just update the bios, and enjoy the free extra speed matey

Thanks

Sorry if I forgot to mention that I did update my BIOS.

Thanks

So its still not working?

Thanks

It works, but at 800MHz, when I should be getting 3.2GHz.

Thanks

I would ebay the sucker and get a cheaper one, or DSR as goods are not under right conditions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wert God View Post
    Thanks for the continued support.

Yes, that is my motherboard.
    The BIOS version "846F1P07" (Update AGESA code to 3.3.2.4.) should make my motherboard compatible with this processor.
    I'm rather reluctant to buy a new motherboard as I don't really think I could put it in, and I don't think I can afford it. If there is no other option, then maybe...
    The CPU and the motherboard were bought already inside the tower, as was everything else. After calling the computer store, they said that since the processor was recognised before windows booted, it was not a hardware problem. They then refused to make any modifications based on this, and told me "my windows" must be the problem. Lastly I was told to email FOXCONN if I couldn't resolve the issue. I wait dubiously for their reply...

One of my friends recommended that I take it to a different computer store to get it diagnosed, but money is still a bit of an issue.

Edit: Looking back at the motherboard's overview on the FOXCONN website, it says that there are 8 USB ports. I can only spot 6 on mine...
    The website does not list the motherboard as been compatable with the CPU:
    http://www.foxconnsupport.com/cpusup...MV&cputype=AMD

Where are you getting the information that they are compatable, if it's not from Foxcon and the shop has sold the motherboard and CPU as compatable then take them back.

Thanks

The processor has an AM3 socket, and the motherboard has an AM2+ socket. According to this page:
    http://www.foxconnchannel.com/produc.../am3/index.htm
    they should be compatible. If you still think they’re not, I suppose I could try to take it back again.

Thanks

Your link, confirms the motherbroad is compatable with AM3 processors. The link I posted above lists all the AM3 processer the motherbroad is compatable, 955 not listed.

This link makes it clear:
    http://www.foxconnsupport.com/cpusup...henomII%c3%974

The motherboard is not listed. Note there are 2 version of the 945, a 95w and 125w, the 125w version is not compatable with the motherboard. I'm guessing as the 955 (125w) and 965 (140w) and the 12w versions of the original Phenom processors (9xxx codes) are not listed as been compatable either that this motherboard cannot provide enough power for the 125w CPU's and above.

Thanks

Hey guys, this is a very common problem! I had the same thing with my Phenom 2 965. If you go into the advanced power settings and go to the processor power management section and make sure that any percentage values are set to 100% this should sort it no problem.

Hope this helps

wez

Thanks

I'm sorry about the very slow reply, but I had in fact taken it back to the computer store, so I couldn't try anything new. I also have information that they were looking at this exact page! So I had to be very careful, otherwise they would've realised that it was me.

The computer store put in a newer processor (which they made me pay the difference between the old and new for), and it seems be running at full speed.

I'd like to thank all who have helped me out. @ sketch429, I couldn't find any "Advanced Power Settings" when I had a looked in the control panel just then (thought I did find "Power Options", but this had nothing like you were describing in it). I'm running Windows XP Professional. Or was this in the BIOS? I haven't checked there yet. You don't have to reply if you don't want to though, I have this problem sorted.

For some reason I'm having an issue with recording now, but I guess I'll have to make a new thread for it.

Thanks again.

Edit: Curiously, they had uninstalled the program I had used to ask FOXCONN if the processor was compatible. Seems rather suspicious...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information