Thread: PCI LAN problems

Registered+
    Thanks

PCI LAN problems

Hi all, recently purchased this machine http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176488...w_order_by=RUF

I read the reviews before buying and saw that the LAN drivers with XP do not work, nor do the ones from the Foxconn website (it's a Foxconn mobo.) I have tried so many different sites and drivers trying to get the Network card to work but still cannot! I installed a set of drivers that made the computer recognise there was a network device, but it insisted a network cable was unplugged, which it wasn't. After another driver install this warning went away and I even got a light showing connectivity on my router, but I was still unable to connect to the internet and was unable to access the router via a browser.

I googled the Realtek driver RTL8111/8168 as mentioned in the reviews but this still hasn't fixed the problem, and I cannot use the "Driver Robot" from the Realtek website as it requires an Internet connection which obviously my machine hasn't got because it has issues with its network card! I've managed to fix all of the errors in the device manager except for one, a PCI Card which I can only assume is the network card...

Any suggestions?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: PCI LAN problems

Just to confirm it's the device you think it is, can you find the Device ID string?

Go to Device Manager, open the Properties dialog for the unknown device and click on the "Details" tab. Find the Device Instance Id and look for the VEN_xxxx and DEV_xxxx parts.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Keyboard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS A7N266-C
      • CPU:
      • Athlon XP 2600+
      • Memory:
      • 1 GB
      • Storage:
      • Maxor 120GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 9250

Quote Originally Posted by mcfstep View Post
    ...and I cannot use the "Driver Robot" from the Realtek website as it requires an Internet connection which obviously my machine hasn't got because it has issues with its network card!

Any suggestions?
    Do you have a telephone modem connection on your PC? It would be easy to set-up a pay-as-you-go dial-up account. You could use that to connect to Realtek's Driver Robot, even if it's just once just to fix this problem.

Registered+
    Thanks

After 2 days of trying every set of drivers I can get my hands on I've managed to sort the problem! I might just pay a bit more in future to save the hassle!!

Thread Information