Hi,

I recently put together my own computer as shown below:

AMD phnom II x4 proccessor
    ASUS M4A785TD-M Evo
    4Gb Ripjaw DDR3 RAM
    XFX geforce gts250 graphics card
    Linksys WMP600N wireless adapter
    Running on Windows 7 64 bit

The issue I have is with Windows and the wireless card.

When first put together everything function perfectly, I had reasonable wireless signal and was connected to the internet etc etc.

Turning the computer on the next day I found that windows no longer recognised the wireless card. Well, it did recognise it in devise manager, but had installed different drivers and so the card wasn't working. Having tried to re-install the correct drivers and failing I ended up doing a new install of windows, which seemed to fix the issue.

However, the next day the same thing happened again!

Now, I've tried downloading the latest drivers from the Linksys site, and they won't install (Windows usually says the most recent drivers are already installed or says the hardware has a code 31 and it can't install drivers).I've tried re-installing from disc, I've tried selecting other drivers inside Windows, but I either get that message or Windows freezes completely.

If i try taking the card out and putting it back in again Windows usually freezes on startup.

All I want is for my wireless card to work!! Any help is appreciated and I'm sorry if I've rambled on a bit!

Rob

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Windows 7 64 bit and Linksys WMP600N

I see you've posted this on another forum and this is a bit old but I thought I'd make a quick reply. I don't suppose you have windows update enabled? I wonder if it is automatically replacing the driver with the one from the website which it thinks is "better".

Recently I had a USB dongle with the same problem - the dongle worked fine until I ran windows update but after that nothing could be done to revert the driver. Reinstalling windows and ensuring I didn't download the update was the only option!

I've just been searching for a pci adapter myself after finding that my own linksys one will not work on x64 Win7. I'm hoping that this card you have will do the trick but problems like these are discouraging me!

Thanks
    • rdlambert88's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Gskill ripjaw
      • Storage:
      • 640GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Geforce GTS250
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W
      • Case:
      • ASUS Vento M11
      • Operating System:
      • Winows 7 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ E2220HD

Re: Windows 7 64 bit and Linksys WMP600N

Thanks for the advice, I think what you say might be true, but I was getting more and more annoyed with the device so in the end I returned it and got myself an Edimax PCI wireless card which worked straight out of the box and has been doing so with no issue for the past month or so.

Good luck finding a functioning wireless card! I would however say that if you do have any luck with the Linksys card, when it worked for me it was a lot better than the Edimax one I have now, which does not seem to give as good signal, and from time to time causes DPC spikes for no apparent reason (although it looks like I might have fixed this with a driver update).

Thread Information