Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Identifying Bios Chip

Thanks

Re: Identifying Bios Chip

Hi! All..Happy New Year! I too have comeback to face this issue.....followingon from previous posts..

I managed to extract the files on Toshiba's site for the laptop it is 1. here are the files...

FindWFlash
    HKeyOff
    PowerStatus
    Waiting
    WinPhlash

(above all .exe)

mfc42.dll
    msvcp60.dll
    msvcrt.dll
    PhlashLc.dll
    PHLASH (config settings)
    m10a200.rom
    PhlashNT.sys
    Wflash
    Phlash9X.vxd

1) Which files do I need?
    2) Where do I get the phoenix recovery for laptop Toshiba a210-1as?

Thanks for your help

Ray

Thanks
    • Sputnik's system
      • Motherboard:
      • J&W 790GX Extreme
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II 720be
      • Memory:
      • OCZ DDR2-6400
      • PSU:
      • Enermax

Quote Originally Posted by ray1000_2 View Post

1) Which files do I need?

2) Where do I get the phoenix recovery for laptop Toshiba a210-1as?

Thanks for your help

Ray
    1, m10a200.rom but, you have to rename it BIOS.wph

2, Pheonix crisis recovery program is for any Pheonix based BIOS recovery. A quick google will find you a download location.

Thanks

Success. . . O.M.G..Thanks Sputnik!!..
    Errrm i was trying to flash the bios with the windows based file Durrr, when you said i needed to extract the files from this windows one the penny dropped,
    I still had trouble the other night as the keyswitches didn't seem to work, so i tried for one last time fn&f held till the floppy light flashed and about 10 more seconds, let go AND....... Nothing!!(just a few more little flashes and screetches from the floppy which i'd had lots of times off previous tries before) So fedup by this time i pushed the laptop in disgust to one side and turned my xbox on...after about 15 minutes up popped toshiba on the screen... i nearly had a heart attack lol..(i think the morral of the story is Be Patient between tries)
    Thanks very much to the people involved, your hard work and experience is exactly why these forums work!! it's very much appreciated,
    Thanks Again, Yours Faithfully Paul G...

Thanks

To all,

I haven't had any success! Bought an external floppy drive. Made the floppy bootable and placed the bios.wph file on it. Tried fn b and fn f and windows b and windows f keys but floppy dowsn't boot....any chance of getting that floppy from you Paul??? or can you help me with links to downloadable programs that you used and did?

Thanks

Thanks

Hi! All,

Please can anyone post any links to:

wincrisis.exe
    a210-1as bios file

so that I know I am using the correct ones

Paul - have added friend request, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

Thanks

Yes Ray ill happily send you the disk if all else fails but first ill take you thru everything i did step by step...
    first format a floppy using HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (you should find it with a google search)

Next you need the crisis disc making program, heres the link and the password is crisis....

http://wincmd.ru/black_dog/v6535/crdisk.rar

Next you have 3 usb ports on your laptop, only use the front right hand side one (not sure why but floppy would only come to life on this port on mine)

Next once floppys plugged in extract the crdisk file (from link above) into a new folder

and you will see various files, run the wincrisis.exe file and the recovery program will start

Next make sure this program is looking for your floppy drive, it should say something like floppy a:/ or floppy, where it says "driver"

Next hit start, once the floppy is created open it and delete the file called bios.wph, then take the file that you already own called m10a200.rom and rename it bios.wph and put that on the floppy..

Next make sure you remove laptop battery and power supply but leave usb floppy plugged in..

Next press and hold fn & n, while holding these keys plug in the laptop powe, still holding these keys press the power on button on laptop, you should see a light flash on floppy drive if you see this then keep holdind for a further 10 seconds then just let go and leave laptop for about 1/2 hour....

i didn't hear much activity from the floppy when i did it, just a couple of flashes at the beggining then 15 - 20 mins later up popped toshiba logo

If your not seeing any activity at all when you press power button while holding fn & f then maybe the floppy isn't working try another....

Thanks

ill send the files if u can give me your email address, ive tried the pm thing can't seem to get it to work...

Thanks

Thanks everyone for all your help and thanks Paul!

It worked!!! Was about to give in but all is working the laptop booted fine!

I will document everything just in case anyone else has this problem - it didn't go all per instructions though!

Downloaded hp usb disk storage but version v2.0.6 as it allowed me to format using FAT, the newer version only allowed me to format using N?TFS and FAT32.

I formatted the floppy.

I downloaded the crisis files and extracted them to PC. I copied my .rom file and renamed it to BIOS.wph and replaced the file in the extracted folder. I ran wincrisis.exe but could not run it because 'wincrisis service did not start error' occurred. I figured out that I can run crisis.bat which is a batch file. This runs and installs phlash16, minidos.sys, and the bios.wph to floppy and created a boot sector.

I then held Fn + F and followed as per previous instuctions and voila!!!!

Thanks once again Paul...at least we both have working laptops and our lives back!!! Good luck mate cheers once again. You can be happy you've done your good deed today!!!

Ray

Thanks

Hi guys im trying to do this but using a usb drive, i used microsft virtual machine with xp mode to change my usb drive to drive B:, i then used crisdisk.bat and made the bootable stick, but now no matter what buttons i press the laptop just reads the usb and keeps the usb stick solid lit forever never changes, anyone any ideas?

Mark

Thread Information