Thread: S.o.s Help!!!!

Thanks

S.o.s Help!!!!

Ok....

I have a linksys router, it has its firewall on! I have norton works with firewall... Now I turned my PC on and surf the net and I get a warning!

I click more info and get this... " a computer with the IP address 192.168.1.100 sent info that is characteristic of the INVALID DESTINATION IP ADDRESS attack"

OK! FINE!! click! WHAT THE!! Its back! again and again! Its killing my bandwith!!!! MASSIVLY! So I click more info again and I get

"The IP address 192.168.1.100 belongs to a computer on your local network, therefore there is no public network or domain information"

I'm the only PC on my network! WTF??????? EDIT: I'm at the point where I feel like disabling my Firewall!

Thanks
    Dude, drop to dos and do an ipconfig - the chances are that its your ip address

If it is, then its something on your computer trying to connect out - could be virus . trojan etc - make sure you run some antispyware and antivirus stuff and clean it up.

Is it a wireless router? if so, are there any wireless connections on it - maybe someone has jacked ya connexion?

Thanks
    The IP is mine?! Yes the router is both hard line and wireless.... but it is secured.... And I have anti virus scaning as I type... And I have Spy Sweeper runing... I have reboted 3 times! I have also cleand my temps and my cookies!

I also am having tunner probs with my AIW! ( such as, it dont igsist! ) I plan to reinstal windows soon!

Edit: I have scaned 749,000 files so far.. and nothing! It will soon be done with my raid... next will be my media storage drive, then my X-Walled ( Privet stuff )
    Last edited by myth; 20-07-2004 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks
    are u using the wireless access point?, if not can u disable it and use the wires only?? have u tries saving the settings and rebooting the router.

Thanks
    The router has been totaly reset... and I am on wires for the time being... the wireless is encrypted!

Edit: I dont trust the Warze P2P I'm running... Seems to be involved!

Edit 2: Oh! GREAT! NOW MY CPU's spiking for no reason! WTF? The "system" does not need to use 85%...
    Last edited by myth; 20-07-2004 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    warz p2p is ****in dodgy man - i dont like it one bit!!!!!

Thanks
    i have a linksys router too, they default by setting up a DHCP zone to automatically set your IP's, youll also find that default, the first ip is .100

Perhaps set yaself up on a DMZ and then use a software firewall to see if its the hardware causing the problem?

Thanks
    <annoying american female>You got malware!</annoying american female>

From the deductions above, seems quite likely. What processes have you got running? Post a list and we can have a check.
    Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

Thread Information