Thread: massive problem with domain name transfer

Thanks

Unhappy massive problem with domain name transfer

anyone know what the procedure is for launching a smackdown on your hosts?
    just set up hosting with HU -= and they've been very good and professional so far - but my old hosts haven't transferred my domain - it's now expired as they said I had a bill to pay (which was due on Sunday) but I'd requested the transfer on the previous Monday!
    Now they're saying I've got to pay another 20 quid to renew my domain, then they can transfer it.
    They don't have a phone number (well - they do, but nobody is there) and they've only got generic e-mail addresses (which don't get responded to) Host is web-mania, so if anyone has any ideas on how to deal with this - would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    ....web-mania have been really good with me...

have you tried the live chat and explaining your situation?
    Twigman

Thanks
    yeah - it's apparently been escalated (on Friday) - but was then told that they weren't going to process it, as I hadn't paid my bill. That was yesterday - to which I pointed out that the request was made before the bill was due! Can't actually get in contact with anyone useful - which is a total nightmare

Thanks
    sod it - e-mailled icann... see what they say

Thanks
    still trying to get any response from web-mania (was told I would be called before 2pm) - sent this to nathan at web-mania

Hi Nathan,
    As you're listed as the Admin and Technical contact for my domain sarahandscott.com, maybe you can help.
    I've sent approx a dozen e-mails through to hostmaster, support and sales to get my transfer progressed, but nothing has happened.
    Hosting-Unlimited has had to cancel the transfer as there was no response from your end at all.

Given that the transfer was requested on Monday the 15th, surely this should have been done?
    I've been told by the "people" (if you can call the glorified Eliza applications on the other end, people) that they can't do anything because of the outstanding invoice.
    I was initially told this on Thursday - four days before expiry (meaning I was still in contact with you - and the contract should have been honoured)
    now I'm out of pocket - or will be, should I ever be able to get someone to renew this domain for me.

This should be at your cost, as it's due to the inefficiencies in the way you do business.

Please feel free to call me on xxxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

Scott Harman

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    you cannot transfer a domain that expires with less than 10 days validity anyway is what I was told, I ended up losing my domain but from the help pages of my new registrar godaddy.com it states....

"Regulations prohibit transferring a domain name that has been registered within the last 60 days. Also, we cannot process transfers on domains that are set to expire within 10 days from today."

So although you requested it before the expiry date as per the .com regulator you need to have at least 10 days validity left on the domain or if its a new registration you need to have the domain with the registrating host for 60 days before transfer.

Ask webmania if you can give them your new hosts nameservers and that way it will transfer over toy our new host as all webmania have to do is updat thier records with the new webserver and it *should* redirect to your new host straight away....

m@
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    that may be godaddy's policy - but it's not mentioned in any of the icann or internic docs - the issue is that it should have been processed regarless - unfortunately - it wasn't processed in time. onlinnic.com required confirmation from web-mania before allowing the trasnfer which is against the new trasnfer policy which has been in place since the 12th of Nov.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    I'll go get you the lube.....

Thanks
    LOL...
    more fun and games - have managed to make some progress - where my old host has finally made me the admin contact (... gee - only 14months after I requested it)
    more fun tho - they've used my old e-mail address which no longer exists... and my old company has outsourced their IT!

It's all getting a bit ridiculous!

Thread Information