Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Hexus User - Lied on my Feedback

I pooped a hammer
    Thanks

Trouble with Hexus User - Lied on my Feedback

I sold Ice Kay a Philips 8cm cd/mp3 player on or around June 6 2003 and have just found he left me this feedback on the 22nd November 2004!:

Bought a 8cm cd/mp3 player with 5x8cmdcrw off chris a while back.

But when the item arrived

1. none of the cdrw's worked, they would not format either.
    2. The lid was extremely loose.
    3. the item had scratch marks.

Upon emailing i was point blankly told that its not his problem and basically i was stuffed with an item that did not work and I paid £65 pounds for it.

I asked him to claim insurance via RM but he said its not upto him to do it, although RM clearly state that the sender needs to put in an application, afterwards he just never bothered replying to my emails

Very dishonest person as none of the problems were told before to buying the item, avoid him like the plague.
    Now quite frankly, thats all b****cks. Ice Kay did indeed buy the 8cm cd player off me, but it was absolutely brand new (2-3days old) and in immaculate condition (as new things tend to be) when i sent it out ( in all original box with all accessories and the philips box was inside an amazon box)and everything was recieved ok.

He emailed me after recieving it and asked if i would take it back as he no longer wanted it and couldnt afford to keep, at which point i refused as he shouldnt have bought it if he didnt want it. He accepted this and said he would have to sell it on.

At no point did he ask me to claim RM insurance, as there was nothing wrong with it whatsoever. He was informed of how to format the disks but obviously didnt take much notice. He has just outright lied on my otherwise PERFECT Hexus user rating and i am absolutely disgusted by this sort of behaviour from a moderator of a large-ish Forum.

What can i do about him? Hes straight up lied on my hexus rating, over a year after the deal even took place! The only conclusion i can make is hes still got the cd player and has decided to neg me!

Any ideas.......?

EDIT: Err...posted this in the wrong forum, can someone move it for me please? Thanks
    Last edited by Burned_Alive; 30-01-2005 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up
    unfortunatly i see this as ur word against his, as this is the case, surely nothing can / will be done ??

unless i guess u can prove otherwise

ERU
    Thanks
    I'm just interested if this is the same 'Ice Kay' from www.tekforums.co.uk (EDIT - i have done some checks and it is!). If it is i am quite disapointed as i have always had him down as a decent bloke. Care to comment Ice Kay?

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    Unfortunately without proof there is nothing we can do. You have done the correct thing in rating Ice Kay on the transaction and anyone who reads your profile will be able to see that you are to be trusted. If you have any proof then naturally we will remove any incorrect and false ratings from your profile but without it we cannot get involved or it would open a floodgate for other people to request the same. We do sympathise with your situation and would ask that you understand our position as well.

This thread will remain open but I don't want to see any abuse or insults directed at anyone please or we'll be forced to close. Please remain objective and hopefully we will see a response from the other party.

Thanks
    Looking at ice kays feedback he has had other bad deals. Look at the one he has edited calling the guy "a prick"

Personally I think his feedback says it all and burned alive should have his profile cleaned

Thanks
    This seems totally out of order, and although this is Burned Alive's word against Ice Kays . . It seems VERY suspicious and slightly odd that you would leave feedback for an item bought OVER a Year ago! Don't you think?

[ iTomaHawk | My Music MySpace ]

I pooped a hammer
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, being nearly a year and a half after the deal took place, i no longer have the emails and i believe the request to return it because "he no longer wanted it" took place over msn.

The thread below on TekForums, (Ice Kay selling the player) in july 2003 has reminded me of his reason: he no longer wanted it because he had bought a minidisc player:
    http://www.tekforums.co.uk:81/index....&st=&p=&#entry

Also still trying to sell it in January of this year:
    http://www.tekforums.co.uk:81/index....&st=&p=&#entry

The reason it has really ticked me off is because i never have bad trades and if someone has a genuine problem rather than "i dont want it anymore because i bought something else" then ill sort the problem out, let alone just making up stories about me.....isnt that libel?

bored out of my tiny mind malfunction's Avatar
    Thanks
    • malfunction's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G1.Sniper (with daft heatsinks and annoying Killer NIC)
      • CPU:
      • Xeon X5670 (6 core LGA 1366) @ 4.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 48GB DDR3 1600 (6 * 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 840 Evo + 1TB 850 Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 290X
      • PSU:
      • Antec True Power New 750W
      • Case:
      • Cooltek W2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H
    It isn't nice - I've had a couple of issues on ebay before (one bidder didn't get in touch for 2 weeks and then left me negative feedback saying I was totally out of order for selling it to someone else and another left neutral feedback because the 20 year old game he paid £1 including P&P wasn't in mint condition)... But if the rest of your feedback is good you have to hope people will ignore the bad bits... TBH a "this user is no longer registered" feature on users.hexus.net (like ebay) would help put feedback in perspective

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    Would it be possible for Hexus to put a time limit on feedback, say 2 months after the transaction has taken place? Anyone with any common sense would see that a complaint posted over one year after the transaction is nonsensical.

Hell you only get one years guaruntee with goods bought from a retailer let alone private second hand. If Ice Kay had done this with a retailer they would politely inform him of his rights and the retailers obligations.

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Burned_Alive
    The reason it has really ticked me off is because i never have bad trades and if someone has a genuine problem rather than "i dont want it anymore because i bought something else" then ill sort the problem out, let alone just making up stories about me.....isnt that libel?
    Yes it is libel, if you really wanted to be arsey you could probably get the offending comments removed via legal action (though you would probably not get more than that in a case such as this).

I pooped a hammer
    Thanks
    Being a poorly student i wouldnt have the funds to pursue that and its not worth the effort!

However anyone reading over at the tekforums will see hes deleting posts on the forum that go against him to back his arguement, so clearly has something to hide.

Thanks
    Lo there.

Just thought I would pop my head in and say that the tek admin team are investigating regarding the missing posts over a tekforums.
    Not going to draw any conclusions either way until we've heard both sides, but obviously if posts are being removed outside of our guidelines it's cause for concern that needs to be stopped.

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Hope this all gets straightened out TBH - from what I've seen the admins at Tek are a level headed bunch so don't lose heart.

DR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Lo there.

Just thought I would pop my head in and say that the tek admin team are investigating regarding the missing posts over a tekforums.
    Not going to draw any conclusions either way until we've heard both sides, but obviously if posts are being removed outside of our guidelines it's cause for concern that needs to be stopped.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks
    Funny how the blame falls on me just because i am a regular on tekforums and not here.

Other than this one I only have 1 other negative feedback ( well 2, but from the same person for the the same trade) and even that feedback was irrelevant as no transaction took place and I never bought anything off him, so truely speaking he should never have left me any feedback.

Have a look at my feedback at tek and you will see it was perfect until chris posted. So dont judge me on just 2 negative feedback and claim that I am the guilty person.

Reason for not leaving feedback straight away was because i forgot my password for hexus and did'nt get round to sorting it out.

Yes I did sell the cd player 'after' I had it repaired and sold it for half the price at which I bought it at.

Libel ??? please, dont be ridiculous, it would be thrown out of court.

Look i'm not here to cause any trouble and at the end of the day this feedback service is for leaving feedback on personal trading experiences whether positive or negative.

Finally, if you want my feedback removed then thats fine as long as you remove your feedback too.

ps. I 'do' know how to format cdrw's, dont insult my intelligence.
    Last edited by Ice Kay; 01-02-2005 at 10:28 AM.
    R-points pyramid scheme is NOT allowed on HEXUS. Please do not add it back again - thank you.

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable
    I have sold items to Ice Kay in the past and know the guy, spoken to him, I have bought items from himself. I can see that this is no way a "ploy" by Ice Kay to give the seller a bad name or vice versa, its a sale/trade gone wrong at the end of the day which can be sorted by discussing it rather than flinging around accusations.

Never have I had a problem with Ice Kay, he's bought memory/cpu's etc etc off of me and if there has been a problem he is straight to the point with the emails and understands things go wrong we have always had good communication during the selling and buying stages and if either of us had a problem then the other took it into account and worked things out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information