Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weirdest problem EVER guaranteed...please help!

Thanks
    Thanks for the link. In your opinion could putting PnP on auto have solved this? Although i'm sure it was UPnP, i could doubt myself and say maybe it was PnP afterall, i dunno. As i said i was quite desperate, and i've found out from past experience that when things get desperate basically press all buttons in reach, see what happens. Works everytime...eventually

Title Contender
    Thanks
    get the win xp version of the drivers from the fukitsu website the cd drivers are terrible and offer little xp support

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly1234
    UPnP enables discovery and control of networked devices and services, such as network-attached printers, Internet gateways, and other electronics equipment[/url]

Bit of a shot in the dark here, but do you think turning UPnP to 'auto' worked because XP recognises the modem as an ethernet adapter and not as a USB device?

Just a thought, as the drivers for my old Belkin WiFi adaptors con XP into thinking that they are actually ethernet cards, and then the Belkin software deals with the rest.

Thanks
    It's a while i havent posted here so i havent had the chance to keep u guys updated on the problem. Well, it turns out UPnP didnt solve my problem afterall. I have no idea why it seemed to work ok at first, but a few days later i seemed to be getting the problem happening as frequently as before.
    Skipping all my attempts to figure out what the source of the problem is, currently i believe it MAY be my computer's 300W power source. Having spoken to some friends and others over the net as well, it seems this is very low for my current configuration (new MB and graphics card etc). It seems to make sense as well, cos my modem eats up a lot of power, and when i attach more USB devices the problem seems to happen more. Right now, im using a PS2 mouse and keyboard and have disconnected one of my CD drives (which i didnt use often) and it rarely happens. I am awaiting the arrival of my new power source (not sure what exactly it is cos my bro bought it), so i will keeps u guys posted on what happens when it arrives. Meanwhile please feel free to comment/scrutinize.

Large Member
    Thanks
    If you use the modem from a clean install, turn off the Windows firewall and any other firewall/antivirus that you may have installed in the intervening time and try the modem again. Also, do us a favor and check device manager for the computer HAL type that Windows has used, under 'computer'.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information