Thread: BF2 & CSS Sound Problem A8N SLI Premium

Registered+
    Thanks

Question BF2 & CSS Sound Problem A8N SLI Premium

Hi

I have the following hardware, AMD 4800x2 7800gtx, logitech 5500D speakers, Asus A8N SLI Premium mobo.

I am using the onboard sound card. In counterstrike when I go to test speakers, I only hear the Center speaker and the sub, in the driver utility for the sound card, the 5.1 system works, but it does not in Counter strike source. Any ideas, i have checked all the driver settings and the windows settings and they are all set to 5.1 sound system.

In BF2 when i play using software rendering i get a crackling static noise, when I choose hardware the crackling noise goes away, but the first sound I hear on each map after it loads keeps playing, even when i go into the menu.

Both games have latest versions.... I can also listen to music under 5.1 sound but games dont work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    NW

Thanks
    I had exactly the same problem. You are using the internal sound arn't you? I originally thought it was the game but you won't like the way I fixed it. For another reason I bought a new Soundblaster Audigy, then when I loaded up BF2 wow it sounds great.

I'm quite sure there must be a driver issue there. I was using the drivers off the CD but there might be an update on the Asus website.

At least you know you are not alone, see my sig for the specs and you'll see the same motherboard. Also the new BF2 patch should be out which might fix something... (as long as this time they tested it)

Nick
    Abit IP-35 Pro, Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz, 8800GTS 512, Zalman Reserator1 External Watercooler, 4GB DDR2, 76GB Raptor 10k, 300GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, 2x Maxtor 250GB 7.2k, ViewSonic VP201s & Dell 2408

Registered+
    Thanks
    Ok so just buy a new sound card....
    Ill need to wait awhile

Thread Information