Thread: Aigo A215 1Gb

Thanks

Aigo A215 1Gb

Hi,
    Was wondering if anyone can help me as Im pulling my hair out with this.

Recently I have bought an Aigo A215 1gb from Argos with extended warranty.

My query is this, after finding out that the way to put music on is via Media Player (rather than drag and drop), I contacted Aigo who advised if I format the player then I would be able to drag and drop. This worked. My problem is that no matter how I place the albums on there it seems to want to play the mp3/wma in alphabetical order rather than in album/track order.

I have looked at the settings, playback is set to normal and not random. I have also tried to number the albums, ie 01. Artist Album, 02. etc... and this still does not work.

I have done a Google search but all the reviews do not mention that only plays back in alphabetical order, leading me to presume that something may be wrong with this player.

If any one knows how to fix this I would be grateful. On a side note (not sure if people can advise on this part), if I did need to return this to Argos, would they only refund me the player and not the extended warranty I purchased or would they refund it all to me?

Thanks in advance for any help, advice etc...

Yours,
    nymphorious

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Bizarre.Moogle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 v1.1
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, OC 4.0GHz - Deepcool Captain 360EX
      • Memory:
      • DDR4 32Gb (2x16Gb) Corsair Vengeance LP, 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent NVMe 512Gb / Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 250Gb / 2 x Samsung & 1 x OCZ SSD / 2 x WD Black 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 850 GQ
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Evolv X Glass - Anthracite Grey
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Main: electriq 28" 4K Second: Samsung 22" TV
      • Internet:
      • John Lewis Broadband
    Been told that the A215 normal playback is in alphabetical order, this is standard. I have looked over the web and can see no mention of this anywhere.

Hope your able to sort out Argos over it. Possible misinformation?

TTFN
    ~Bizarre.Moogle~

Thanks
    Just to let people know - I took the MP3 player back to argos. I said that it didn't play music as I thought it would. If it has shuffle why would 'normal' also play mixed up!

I'd advise people not to get this player, it sounds good as its got a long battery life (the selling point for me) but other than that, I'd recommend steering clear from the A215!!!

Hope this helps people make a choice in the future, let me know if it does

nymphorious
    Last edited by nymphorious; 12-12-2006 at 03:55 PM. Reason: my bad spelling!!! sorry

Thanks
    As a matter of interest how did you manage to format it? I'm having a nightmare with a 4Gb variant and cannot get windows to even detect it as a removable storage device. Cannot get through to Aigo on the telephone helpline and the service on the online help page is non-existent.

Thanks
    Hi dude I think I have the same problem. let me know any updates you might come up with.

Thanks
    with regards to formatting the mp3 - as far as i can remember, my pc did recognise it was removable hardware and i just right clicked and got the format option - took ages mind, and wasnt sure if did the right thing.

i had to format it to remove the songs ive tried to put on using windows media player sync facility.

also have a look on the agio website re contacting them - i emailed and had a response from them within 24hrs. they said that the model i bought only played in alphebetical order and to get a diff model if wanted to play in album order....

there was no updates or anything to download to make it a decent player....

Thanks
    go to the aigo.co.uk web site

use this site - go to the contact us link - click contact aigo

this will open a 'ticket' page which is were u need to email any problems - you will get a ticket number and this will help you track your enquiry

sorry i cant be much help - i gave up with them and took my player back so didnt have to deal with them....

Thanks

Re: Aigo A215 1Gb

I'm a new member, so I can't post the URL of the other Aigo A215 thread I just posted on, but here's copy/paste, the info. might help:

Quote Originally Posted by vyseyboy View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread, but as someone who had grief with the Aigo A215 player myself, I thought I'd better share my experience of getting two of the things working. (This thread is the top result on google for Aigo A215.)

Aigo used to have a link to the firmware updater utility on their site, but it has since disappeared. The utility they had also had a broken installer, so never really worked. But you can still run it to update your player! I've uploaded it on driverguide here (edit- can't post URL's as I'm a new member! but it should be the number one result for aigo a215, other devices, drivers and firmware.) (Driverguide needs free registration, and the package also requires unpacking with 7-zip, which is free, open source.)

I've outlined the procedure in the driverguide description, but it boils down to unpacking the installer and all files, copying all the files from the "Binary" folder to the "Apps" folder, then running stupdaterapp.exe, and plugging in the mp3 player in recovery mode (hold down play button while plugging in, keep holding it for 10 seconds or so.)

If windows wants to look for a driver when you plug it in in recover mode, point it to the Apps folder.

This should allow you to update the firmware, but the player still won't work (for me, at least,) in MTP mode (which is a pretty crap mode for MP3 players anyway.) I don't know why, it's just implemented badly, and crashes upon attempting any transfers.

You can, however, use a computer that doesn't have Windows Media Player 10 or 11 installed, and it will show up as a USB mass storage device (with a drive letter, like a USB key, THE BEST way to operate an mp3 player.)

Even if you have windows media player installed, you can tell windows to use the MSC driver instead. Assuming XP, go to device manager, find the Mp3 player, right click, update driver, install from a specific list or location, don't search i will choose the driver, then select the MSC driver.

Congratulations, you should now have a properly working MP3 player that shows up as a drive letter for drag and drop operation.

Thread Information