Thread: Hardware Problems after w/c leak

Thanks

Hardware Problems after w/c leak

Basicaly, I was installing my water cooling kit 2 days ago, put the gpu block on, n hooked it up to the rest of the kit, turned it on, got about 5 secs from it when it just died, Tried all i could, but ended up taking my gfx card out and inspecting it, there was like 3 drops of water on it.

I was suspisious becuase my hdd light was on constant, the light on my drive is constant and wont open. But anyways i stated to solve the problem, i firstly swapped my Gigabyte 965p-ds3 with my asrock conroe-xfire-eSata2. Same gfx card, i saw a post unlike with the gigabyte, so everthing was looking good, untill there was pretty multicoulered patterns on the screen. That settled that, it was my gfx card, so i know i will try to RMA it, but i bought a cheap nvidia 7100 card today at my local. Put it in, still same problem with my drive, takes ages on trying to recognise pri ide. And when it continues and finds my HDD, it says Keyboard interface error. Ok, so my keyboards dont work (usb or Ps2). It goes to load windows anyway, but the progress bar slows to a stop then picks up till eventualy a quick blue screen of death.

I disconnected the cd drive by power and ide, and it boots much quiker, still blue screen of death tho, think it might be an issue with drivers with it being a different mobo and my expansions in differnt slots to accomadate the water cooling, but im stumped on this one

Any ideas, tommorow im gonna try my gigabyte board agen with the new gfx card and see how that goes but i bet some clever guy can tell me whats wrong instantly.

Thanks

Thanks
    Water and electricity do not mix well. You really need to test all your components 1 by 1 in another system to see what you have fried.

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 2x 120GB OCZ Agility SSD + 500GB SP F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GB Windforce GTX670 2GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" 1920x1080 Iiyama LED
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    I would try a CMOS clear and bios reconfigure, always a good place to start in hardware related issues. With regard to the BSOD, could be that when the system originally shut down in the first event it caused corruption somewhere

Thread Information