Thread: Prize Fight - Win cash for frags!

Thanks

Prize Fight - Win cash for frags!

For those of you that don't know, Prize Fight is the new online gaming system where you can log in to win cash for frags!

Check out this HEXUS.gaming Feature for more info and an EXCLUSIVE promotional code to give you £5 to start playing with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

iMc
    Thanks
    I assume the HEXUS promo code won't work if you already recieved £5 from being one of the first 300 members to sign up when Prize Fight launched.

EDIT - I just tried and it refused saying that I had already used a promotion voucher of this type.
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    That's right, the promotional code works for news signs ups only BUT you can possibly still snag yourself a an extra fiver for being one of the first 500 to verify Battlefiled 2.
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

iMc
    Thanks
    I would like to, but I don't own a copy of BF2!

Prize Fight is a promising venture. Will be much better with more players on board as that will hopefully lead to more and cheaper events.
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    I've got to say, it's worth it for the chance to have a decent BF2 game... winning some cash as well is always nice!

Which games have you been playing? Won anything yet?

iMc
    Thanks
    Just CS:S.

Only played a couple of times. Most of the event times are when I'm at work. Hopefully it will get to the stage where there are enough players for events throughout the day.

I can see these sort of services really taking off especially if console gaming is allowed in the action. Pro Evo would be great fun for cash!
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iMc

I can see these sort of services really taking off especially if console gaming is allowed in the action. Pro Evo would be great fun for cash!
    Like your thinking! Cash tournaments over XBL!

Thanks
    Signing up now.

P.S. Like the HEXUS banner on there .
    Last edited by ajbrun; 13-02-2006 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    will i've signed up and got £10 and think i'l enter a bf2 game tomorrow, just hope i aint alone in doing so lol

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    I've played with this, and to be honest, its crap.

It's a great idea in concept, but the fact is that it just doesnt work with their current system. In an ideal world it works - you have two even teams playing against each other, with the players with the highest scores winning the prizes.

In reality, what you get is teams that start out fairly even (in numbers at least), save 5v5, but then during the game people will drop, and they are not allowed back into the game. This means you end up with teams of say 5v4. Ok so that's manageable, but the problem is that you can also get situations of 5v3 or 5v2, and there is no auto-team balancer to even the numbers.

It get's even worse as you have a mixture of skilled and unskilled players on a server most of the time, and it is easy to get to the situation of having totally unbalanced teams (on a skill level), eg 5 kickass css players versus 3crap players and 2 good ones.

Because teamplay is at the very heart of css - and without it you will do crap - if you are stuck with a team of people who don't have a clue what they are doing you are likely to be killed time and time again, even if you are the best css player on the planet.

Then when you take into account things like the bomb - you get extra points for planting it if it goes off, but only one player can get these points and its random who gets the bomb.

Some maps are also biased against the smaller teams - for example de_nuke is a defence map for CTs, and if your team loses half its players when you switch to CT you are at a massive disadvantage to the other team which had a full compliment when they were CT..

So as you can see it's full of problems, I will continue playing with my free fiver, but I am never putting real money into this, and i reccomened no-one else does either until they sort these problems out (which can be done)..You have more chance of making money with online poker..at least it is fairer

Thanks

Prize Fight developments

Hi Spud,

I work for Prize Fight and would like the opportunity to respond to the points you made...

There are several things we are doing to sort out the eveness of teams. For example, we are working on starting matches with an even numbers of players only. How this will work is that if an odd number of players join an event, one player will be refused entry and receive an automatic refund and explanatory email instead. This person will be chosen based upon how many times this has occurred to them previously, with the player which has experienced this the least number of times being refunded, so we disappoint people as infrequently as possible.

Regarding auto-teambalancing, this we feel would not solve the problem for the following reason: Say, for example, you were playing in a game with team-share win-rules, you're on the winning team, all is going well, a couple of people disconnect from the losing team and you are switched to the losing team to balance the teams. Shortly thereafter the match ends. You finish on the losing team so you win nothing. I don't think many people would be very happy about that.

Concerning client-side disconnects, we are looking into allowing reconnects and the retention of score so as to counter accidental client-side disconnects unbalancing the teams.

With respect to your mention of uneveness due to skill. This simply isn't true. Prize Fight operates a dynamic seeding model which sorts players into teams (and games) based upon historic performance so that the teams are as balanced as possible skill-wise.

This is how it works: we run tournament standard 5v5 CS:Source games; say (for example) 20 people sign up to an event. We'll kick off two identical games and seed the top half of the players into one game, and the other half into the other. This provides a realistic opportunity for anyone to win as it dramatically reduces the chance of a member playing against someone of a vastly different skill-level.

Essentially, the more people who sign up to an event, the more accurate the seeding becomes. (Obviously this does require having some historic data to seed people with, and seeding gets more accurate the more people play - and the more people that play in an event.)

We also offer a variety of win-rules, so if you're not happy with team-share, why not try Top 3 of server? This awards the top 3 players with the highest number of frags regardless of teams.

As for points for detonating / defusing the bomb. Of course! This is a critical aspect to CS gameplay. However, to correct you, it is not random who gets the bomb, it is given to each T in turn. So everyone gets an equal chance of getting those points.

Not only have we adopted a policy of constant improvement we also pay close attention to our community and respond seriously to all suggestions made, in this way Prize Fight is frequently adding more functionality in order to improve the experience.

Also, many of our members are thoroughly enjoying our service, and many others have said that playing games on Prize Fight delivers an unprecedented level of tension and excitement due to the money that's at stake. A gaming adrenaline rush just not experienced on publics. Not my words, but taken from posts on our forums.

Last edited by evilpilch; 06-03-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    Hey, thanks for replying

The even-ness of teams - the biggest problem is not how the teams start, it is what happens when people disconnect. As I explained in my original post, playing 5v2 part way through the match is just unfair. I do see what you mean about the auto-team balancer though, but that only applies to events where it is a team victory, not the top3 of the server one. In this situation surely it would not impact the game too much? If you just applied the auto team balance to top3 games, maybe this would help?

The skill thing would be a great idea after you have played with prizefight for a while, but as you admit, it takes time for this to become effective. The chances are that there will always be people new to prizefight playing, or at least people who have only played a few games. So again it doesn't really work. A possible way around this problem would be to have 'qualifier' matches, to rank people without people spending money, and put a requirement on your paid matches (or even just some of them) that people have played say, 5 qualifiers so that you can seed people appropriately?

As I said it really is a great idea, but these problems need to be fixed before it is worth risking my own money.

Thanks

Amazing Prizes Of Formula 1

Hey! Your website is amazing and it gave me a lot of information to win a lot of prizes and cash...I have also been through an other website which gave me a brilliant information to win prizes.... Dream and Win is the website which has launched best options to win prizes like a 5-day racing course in France--Drive the fastest machine on earth from leading Formula 1 race car drivers, a trip in Jet Fighter Flights , a trip to Maldives for 7 days vacation, a shopping adventure in New York, 7 Nights Vacation for two in the best Safari Lodge in South Africa and lots more...... I think this is a big chance to win amazing prizes........

And I'm not a spammer trying to sneak in advertising...
    Last edited by Nick; 18-12-2007 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Yes you bloody are!

Thanks
    • Betty_Swallocks's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97-A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690K o/c to 4.6 gHz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD + 1320Gb (3x SATA drives)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390 8Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS750M
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Shark
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 37" Samsung TV @1920x1080 + Dell 20.1" TFT secondary screen
      • Internet:
      • 150Mb Virgin Media cable

Re: Prize Fight - Win cash for frags!

Of course not. The fact that you clearly haven't even looked at the Prizefight website means nothing at all.
    if you had you would have seen that it is no longer working so it's interesting that "it gave me a lot of information to win a lot of prizes and cash"
    Bloody spammers.

Thanks

Re: Prize Fight - Win cash for frags!

Betty... I edited it...

Thread Information