Thread: Headlines - Evesham Technology in liquidation but still seemingly selling PCs

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Headlines - Evesham Technology in liquidation but still seemingly selling PCs

Administrators pulled out on 4th January but website and sales line is still apparently accepting orders
    Read more.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Re: Headlines - Evesham Technology in liquidation but still seemingly selling PCs

Wish Deadlight well - he's trying to get his laptop back which went in for warranty work last year..
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks

Re: Headlines - Evesham Technology in liquidation but still seemingly selling PCs

That could be their new sales slogan "who the fok are you" lol

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Headlines - Evesham Technology in liquidation but still seemingly selling PCs

The staff that are left are on 3 month contracts with a Bonus at the end for staying there. They are selling all the stock they can just look at there ebay shop to see that

Thanks

Hey guys thought I would post my experience with Evesham see if anyone could help me.

Im a ex-employee of Evesham Technology LTD I worked there for 4 years part time at the Leeds Showroom before I was made redundant and it was closed.

I have a fairly expensive Evesham laptop that I bought while I worked there with a 3 year warrenty. My laptop went down about 4 months ago and for 4 months its been in Eveshams workshop!

I have emailed them once every week for the last 4 months and made numerous calls which have all been an utter waste of time as I get the same responce everytime which is "Your parts to fix your laptop are currently been shipped from abroad and we have no eta on them im affraid".

Yesterday was my last straw with them, I emailed a very annoyed email and to my suprise got a responce back which was this:

As you may not be aware Evesham Technology Ltd has gone into liquidation. Please note that Geemore Technology has been trading as Evesham Technology (not Evesham Technology LTD) and as such have been sourcing replacement parts for the computers that are in our workshop.

The workshop have informed me that they anticipate resolving this matter by next week, however they do not have any further information at this moment in time.

If you would prefer to have your notebook returned back to you unrepaired then please contact us at you earliest convenience.

So where do I stand now? My warrenty is still valid until the end of 2008 but i've been waiting 4 months. Any help or info would be most appriciated, should as trading standards or a soliciter?

Many thanks!

DR
    Thanks

Its a tricky one - if you could find out which parts have failed - and maybe order direct from the UK service centre for that ODM - else you got to wait

Thanks

Darkholo is pretty much the same situation as me - the needs are from CLEVO (the Voyager latop is a Clevo M75U, rebadged by Evesham); I've had pretty much the same response. I was also told yesterday that Evesham can't repair and new warranty (although my lappy will be reapaired - sometime!) and he offered 'all ex-gratia support for equipment purchased from Evesham Technology Ltd has been withdrawn this follows the company's liquidation on 3rd January 08. An alternative support package has been put in place at a reasonable cost. Please contact Total Care Support on 0870 160 9534 if you would like to discuss the details. ' He can shove off - I paid for 2 years warranty already! (1 year left!)

I gets worse. I bought my lappy under credit (from Clode Finance) - I've paid for 3 months now.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks

BBC Watchdog, perhaps?

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight View Post
    Darkholo is pretty much the same situation as me - the needs are from CLEVO (the Voyager latop is a Clevo M75U, rebadged by Evesham); I've had pretty much the same response. I was also told yesterday that Evesham can't repair and new warranty (although my lappy will be reapaired - sometime!) and he offered 'all ex-gratia support for equipment purchased from Evesham Technology Ltd has been withdrawn this follows the company's liquidation on 3rd January 08. An alternative support package has been put in place at a reasonable cost. Please contact Total Care Support on 0870 160 9534 if you would like to discuss the details. ' He can shove off - I paid for 2 years warranty already! (1 year left!)

I gets worse. I bought my lappy under credit (from Clode Finance) - I've paid for 3 months now.
    You may be covered by your finance agreement - contact them for assistance especially if you do not have the goods

Thanks

Old Evesham warranties are no longer valid 9I have this in writing by email from dale @ Evesham. I'd get your laptop back - you will be charged for it.

Please everyone write to BBC watchdog. I have two PCs with invalid warranties now

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Weren't they taken over by the people that ran time/tiny into the ground on numerous occasions?

Does this also affect lowestonweb as well then?

Most of the stuff on their ebay shop seems to be damaged or have pretty major marks etc (esp. on tvs)
    Last edited by muddyfox470; 23-02-2008 at 03:26 PM.
    Mac fancier > white macbook base spec .................. CS: muddyfirebang

Thanks

Yeah, and I have in writing from Alex @ Evesham that I'll get in back, repaired. No date then.

I wrote to BBC Watchdog last week
    Last edited by Deadlight; 23-02-2008 at 04:09 PM.

13. Received thanks from:

dangel (25-02-2008)

Thread Information