Thread: ATI's Richard Huddy talks about Get In The Game

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks

Post ATI's Richard Huddy talks about Get In The Game

I recently had the chance to sit down and talk to Richard Huddy, ATI's European Developer Relations Manager, about their Get In The Game program and how their developer interaction helps you get a better experience playing games on ATI hardware. Here's a snippet.

Richard is a veteran of the 3D graphics industry. Having previously held positions, amongst others, at Rendermorphics (a British company bought by Microsoft due to its impressive 3D graphics technology, and who's staff at the time helped integrate 3D into Windows and create the early DirectX 3D implementations), Criterion (another British 3D company, and who are still around) and NVIDIA, Richard has had 3D graphics developer experience since realtime 3D became feasible on consumer hardware, be that a CPU or GPU.

Now, heading up ATI's European Devrel operation, Richard has progressed full circle, from writing 3D code himself to helping those who write it now, allowing them to get the best out of ATI's hardware, primarily using DirectX 9.

While my initial focus for this article was GITG as a basic concept from a developer's point of view, I couldn't resist also asking Richard some targetted questions about his role at ATI and how he views and assists ATI's Get In The Game endeavour.

So here's Get In The Game from an ATI devrel perspective
    Find the full interview here .

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    GREAT interview, I didn't know about how Mr. Huddy contracted himself out from Code Mafia to ATi and I loved learning about that and his reasons for it.

I'm a huge fan of Mr. Huddy, so I gotta admit a bias...but the man just gives fantastic interviews and always seems to be enjoying the hell out of his job while at the same time delivering incredible results.

Kudos, and continued success and happines. 8)

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Hey Dig! Thanks for popping over here to say that, and glad you enjoyed it. Richard is a fun guy to talk to and it's plain to see that he loves his job.

The article took on a whole different slant once I'd posed him a few initial questions. While I was fishing for GITG info initially, it turned out that an interview with him would serve the article purpose (telling people what GITG is) as well as being a fun read, so I went in that direction eventually.

Cheers for the link at EB!

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Why is this thread in here and reviews, with the same comments o_O

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrplow
    Why is this thread in here and reviews, with the same comments o_O
    It will have been copied.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display();