Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: News - USB speed doubling target outlined at IDF Beijing

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    News - USB speed doubling target outlined at IDF Beijing

    The first 10Gbps USB controller is less than a year away.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Editable... jimbouk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,990
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked
    266 times in 215 posts
    • jimbouk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Core Gold GC-650
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V1100 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC CU34G2/BK 34" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • EE FTC

    Re: News - USB speed doubling target outlined at IDF Beijing

    Cables are so last century, where's a decent affordable desktop wireless protocol for displays and peripherals?

  3. #3
    Hello :)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    bridlington, east yorkshire
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    11 times in 11 posts
    • ionicle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N SLi Premium
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon 64 4200+ 939
      • Memory:
      • 2Gb Samsung DDR400
      • Storage:
      • 1x 80Gb Samsung SATA-2, 1x Hitachi 500GB SATA-2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon HD3650
      • PSU:
      • Akasa 400W Paxpower
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirrage 62
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows Vista
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai 22" 1680x1050
      • Internet:
      • Pipex 8mbps unlimited up/down 19.99 a month

    Re: News - USB speed doubling target outlined at IDF Beijing

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbouk View Post
    Cables are so last century, where's a decent affordable desktop wireless protocol for displays and peripherals?
    Amen to that
    imagine just building your tower, getting your moniter out....turn both on...beep...apears on any screen you have nearby ...including the moniter, you then just set it to apear on that moniter...and tadah

    or an even simpler solution, have a slider switch on the graphics card and on the moniter, and set them both to the same chanel (say 1 - 10) and do it that way...then while your computer and moniter are on 4, your TV is on 6 with the ps4 and new xbox...want pc on living room TV? not a problem, set PC to 6...done...
    want to game on your pc moniter? set console to 4...tadah...why has nobody in the tech world realised this yet?

    double the speed of wifi and it can be done over wifi signals, dont even need any other equipment

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts
    • daveyhue's system
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTS 512MB G2 Revision
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V2010
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Philips 20.1 Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • BT

    Re: News - USB speed doubling target outlined at IDF Beijing

    Quote Originally Posted by ionicle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbouk View Post
    Cables are so last century, where's a decent affordable desktop wireless protocol for displays and peripherals?
    Amen to that
    imagine just building your tower, getting your moniter out....turn both on...beep...apears on any screen you have nearby ...including the moniter, you then just set it to apear on that moniter...and tadah

    or an even simpler solution, have a slider switch on the graphics card and on the moniter, and set them both to the same chanel (say 1 - 10) and do it that way...then while your computer and moniter are on 4, your TV is on 6 with the ps4 and new xbox...want pc on living room TV? not a problem, set PC to 6...done...
    want to game on your pc moniter? set console to 4...tadah...why has nobody in the tech world realised this yet?

    double the speed of wifi and it can be done over wifi signals, dont even need any other equipment
    Once wireless power becomes the norm so will wireless peripherals, at the moment while power cables are required it's not really worthwhile is it?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    6 times in 6 posts
    • aceuk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII GENE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-6700K
      • Memory:
      • 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3,333MHz DDR4 RAM (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16)
      • Storage:
      • 480GB Intel 750 PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 750 G2
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define Mini C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro (x64)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2711 (27")
      • Internet:
      • 19Mb

    Re: News - USB speed doubling target outlined at IDF Beijing

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbouk View Post
    Cables are so last century
    Indeed...

    http://images.apple.com/euro/imac/design/images/fluidgallery/gallery_2_2256.jpg

  6. #6
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: News - USB speed doubling target outlined at IDF Beijing

    Quote Originally Posted by aceuk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbouk View Post
    Cables are so last century
    Indeed...

    http://images.apple.com/euro/imac/design/images/fluidgallery/gallery_2_2256.jpg
    Sure, we can get all in one's with wireless mice, but when we start to connect external storage, mobile devices, extra displays cables start to appear

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •