• Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB

Re: News - Xbox One demand "through the roof", could outship PS4 by 3-to-1

After E3 I'm more interested in the PS3, the only game I really wanted to play from the XBox show was Killer Instinct (so much so that I dug out my old Super Nintendo, and was crushed when it wouldn't work properly).

I'd be happier buying a XB1 without a kinect. I have a Kinect for my 360 and it never gets used for 4 simple reasons:
    1) The lack of space in my living room means it's awkward to use;
    2) Light levels in my living room aren't the best either;
    3) Voice commands, it struggles to understand what I say (must be my slight welsh accent)(**);
    4) I mainly play on the 360 in my room(*) which has even worse space/lighting than the living room and has absolutely no chance of working with the kinect and when/if I get the new consoles this is where it'll be set up.

And while they've fixed a number of things (space restrictions being the biggest, but it still won't have enough space where I'd set it up) I still don't want a new kinect.

(*) I currently have 2 360's - my main one is set up in my bedroom where I mainly play, the 2nd (which has the kinect) is in the living room.

(**) I tried to play Skyrim with the voice commands, and while I managed to get it to "Assign <item>", "Equip <item>" would just leave the game perplexed as to what I'd said and would result in me getting killed instead of switching from the bow to the sword/spell that I'd assigned to the keywords. It would have been handy, had it worked, but as it is just quicker to use the bumper buttons to switch weapons.
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Before I start, I'm not a big console gamer....
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    This says a lot about todays gamers tbh, Microsoft dont care about you, they were willing to totally shaft you in the pursuit of higher profit margins, they only backed down because people threatened not to buy the machine
    Going with an analogy a second. MS and sony make lorries. MS announce their new one, designed to use the much faster, cheaper to run engines. People cry desperately that they can't sell their horses to the knackers yard when they have finished with them.

Ok, trivialisation I know, but the second hand games market has been declining on the PC side since the 90s. It took steam a fair few years to regularly undercut the traditional shops (the channel) hell I remember joking just a few years ago about how much more expensive the digital download was than the physical media, putting it down to a convenience that some people will pay.

The ability to not have disks, to be able to play all your games and state on other machines, share in the house. Hell you could have proper multiplayer if you've one xbox one per room!

I think MS messed up by not offering it as an option. Effectively a dual mode, you can opt in to that, and opt out to re-sell but with some limitations.

However the reaction of people on the net to this has been universally against, so they changed their policy. In my mind the luddites won. I've sold 1 console game second hand ever.

What they have announced is that it is going to be developer friendly too. We should see more homebrew and frankly that is a damn good idea. Everyone knew MS were changing things up abit with XNA and looking more to Unity3D. The fact that it might be a console which has good micro purchase games, as well as the block buster titles should do more for gaming innovation. Just like Hollywood isn't doing anything innovative or risky, but TV/Netflix are (and often better quality IMSHO) the indie dev scene will do the same, just as it has on mobile.

But we can dismiss all of these things as benefits, and jump on the fornicate anyone who buys one of these t3h 4r3 t3h l0000z!!!11!¬
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Registered+
    Thanks

360 better than PS3? How are we to judge that objectively. Total sales of consoles perhaps, or do we have sales figures for games and online services (attach rate right). How does this comparison relate to PS4 and XBone?

Thanks

Half of this article seems based on the fact that Gamestop have ran out of pre-order stock.... GameStop are North America only, a market which is heavily skewed to the Xbox 360 over the PS3. In Europe and especially Asia the PS4 will dominate. Everyone I know in the UK is either moving to PC or getting a PS4. Since both consoles are using AMD chips I struggle to believe that Xbox has 3x more units available even if more PS4 chips are having to be binned or sent to xbox if they are viable chips for that platform. The chips are such low power compared to other chips AMD produce that I can't see many being inferior at all.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Doherz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair 1333.
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Force 3 and 320gb Samsung Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte 1GB HD6850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX400w
      • Case:
      • Xclio Nighthawk Extreme.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Based on peoples tear analysis of the chips and also rumours, it would seem that MS is in a lot more danger of having supply issues based on SOC.
    Also where on earth do these figures occur? Not a single person I know is interested in the Xbox. Even MS's big 180 hasn't really changed opinion because the price gap is so big. In the UK its £80 which is a year of PS plus and a game. Xbox price with live and a game is likely going be roughly £500 compared to £420ish for the equivalent Xbox.

As it stands I don't see kinect being worth the difference. I have loads of friends who bought Kinects and never used them after the first week.
    Obviously this is all anecdotal but everywhere I've seen IRL on online seems to mirror my experiences.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

The only thing I find odd about this is that there was an article a couple of weeks ago that said something like gamestop didn't have a limit of XBO pre-orders...hmm
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Apparently one area of the UK, at least, is a 2:1 (and if i remember in this one region the PS4 was closer to 3k than the Xbone was to 2k) ratio of pre-orders in favour of the PS4. Although retailer isn't named, it's basically Game.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Lol how much pain has this caused the Sony fan boys who were sure they were dealt a winning hand back at E4??

Personally I will be waiting 12 months to see how things pan out as I still have a stack of games to catch up with during the winter months - might even buy a cheap PS3 and play those exclusives that I always wanted but couldn't afford before then ...

Thanks

If I hadn't spent money on upgrading my PC. I would have pre-ordered the XBone to be totally honest.

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

is this not just standard scaremongering "stocks are low get in your orders now or you wont have an xbox one and you'll be sad at xmas cos all your mates will have one beacuse they heeded our warning. "

Registered+
    Thanks
    • whitetop's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI-Z77G43
      • CPU:
      • intel i5 2500
      • Memory:
      • XMS3 ? 8GB DUAL CHANNEL DDR3
      • Storage:
      • oc 256gb ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 670 2gb oc
      • PSU:
      • NOVATECH POWERSTATION 600W
      • Case:
      • antec solo ii
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" asus vw192s
      • Internet:
      • vm

People are no going for the xbox one the ps4 this is just microsoft buying people off to make rumors like this, if one did there own homework on this you will see the xbox one is not a seller and never will be ms are just going to pay people off for good reviews ect as they always do.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
    People are no going for the xbox one the ps4 this is just microsoft buying people off to make rumors like this, if one did there own homework on this you will see the xbox one is not a seller and never will be ms are just going to pay people off for good reviews ect as they always do.
    Do you have any evidence to back up that, or are you just being defamatory?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
    So they keep paying people off and never sell anything, yet they always have enough money to keep paying people off and never selling anything? Did I somehow get transported into a movie universe?

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Consoles always bring out the worst fanboys.......every thread on these forums about the next gen is full of them :S
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danroyle View Post
    is this not just standard scaremongering "stocks are low get in your orders now or you wont have an xbox one and you'll be sad at xmas cos all your mates will have one beacuse they heeded our warning. "
    Could well be.

I mean, marketing departments gave to have noticed that stories of "huge demand", and "initial demand hugely underestimated" do, first, get loads of press attention, and second, suggest to people that if it's that good, hey I must be missing out, I'd better get in quick.

If I was a cynic (which I am) I'd suggest that a good way to boost initial demand is a seeding a load of press hype about pre-demand.

So personally, my reaction to "through the roof" claims of demand is .... ho hum, whatever. Yawn.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

I personally favour the PS4 compared to the Xbone.

The Xbone is geared more towards social media and casual gaming using the kinect whilst the ps4 is geared more towards traditional video gaming fans.

i was about to pre order the ps4 but decided not to as when i looked at the lineup of games, there wasnt any that grabbed me.

The ones that did grab my attention are coming out on the pc such as watch dogs and BF4.

I barely played the 360 and ps3 that i own and it wasnt until a few weeks ago that i turned on my ps3 to play last of us(last game i played was nearly two years ago ie uncharted 3).

I do most of my gaming on pc because it offers a better experience and recently i have reduced playing games for my pursue of photography as my main hobby now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information