• Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Re: News - Xbox One demand "through the roof", could outship PS4 by 3-to-1

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    I personally favour the PS4 compared to the Xbone.

The Xbone is geared more towards social media and casual gaming using the kinect whilst the ps4 is geared more towards traditional video gaming fans.
    I personally don't think this is true, and if anything, they're both equal on that front but the reason i'm more inclined to side with the Xbone in this regards is:
    Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    i was about to pre order the ps4 but decided not to as when i looked at the lineup of games, there wasnt any that grabbed me.
    I said this in another next-gen thread, but from what i've read/watched/seen -the Xbone has the better line-up, and if anything, a more traditional line-up. The gen could be anywhere form 5-10 years, probably closer to the latter, but to say that MS isn't hardcore is odd, to say the least, when IMO they're coming out of the trap a lot faster where gaming is concerned.

But as you mention some of the more standout games such as W_D and BF4 are available on PC too. i'll probably end up double-dipping with BF4 to play with my console friends.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks
    • Chadders87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Sata3)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire AMD Radeon 7870 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 450w (140mm)
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Prodigy
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 21.5'
      • Internet:
      • Sky Unlimited

No.

My PC is hooked up to the TV and most steam games are controller supported, I won't be getting any new console.

It is already a dvd playing, video streaming, internet browsing, multi-communicational gaming device that allows me to get VERY cheap games through steam sales, gog and gmg, on top of that I have easy access to create Documents, Spreadsheets and photo editing.

As a plus, it is easily repaired and upgraded without breaking any warranties.

Who would all trade that for a console thats only fractionally cheaper yet can deliver so much more in terms of performance and uses.
    Last edited by Chadders87; 30-07-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Well, i'd expect somewhere in the region of ~150 million people over the next ten-years would.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    The PS3 was better than the 360 technically, didn't mean it won. Keep that in mind.
    Hmm, depends on how you measure won. The PS3 has apparently the 360 worldwide. Quite surprising to me - I do not think that I've seen a console in last place climb up a place before, my perception that people preferred the XBox Live over the PlayStation Network (though that might've been before "Plus") and the reported security breach.
    Granted the 360 might still have been more profitable for MS than the PS3 has been to Sony (no idea - but I guess that BD drive must've costed Sony quite a bit at the beginning).

Anyway, I am pretty sure that the One will significantly outsell the PS4 in the US and vice-versa in Japan. Europe is going to be an interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Agree 100%, I really wanted the PS3, but the XBox was cheaper and had better controllers.
    I beg to differ on the controller I've got both (and the old Sidewinder - both USB and 15 pin - goodness that one's old). I wanted to like the 360's controller simply because it's plug & play on a PC, but I still find myself using the PS3 controller more as soon as I found out about MotionJoy. I guess it's probably down to the D-pad (games I play lend to it more).

Thanks

lol a couple of weeks ago the ps4 was out selling the xbox one 1-3 units so this seems to be all just rumor data, I mean GameSpot in american had to pull preorders for the ps4 a week after e3 because they out sold there allocation, and know a microsoft guy tweets "Demand was through the roof, so pre-orders stopped for now" lol this happened like three weeks ago for ps4? also no one knows what the alloaction for the consoles to gamestop could be it could of been 500,000 PS4 limit and 250,000 xbox ones limit who knows? and both have now sold out of preorder xbox one like 3 weeks after ps4

Thanks

I feel very much in the minority here because I was really excited about everything the Xbox One had to offer, then they went a did a u-turn which really put me off!

I loved the idea of being able to share my games with up to 10 friends... Hell I saw that as a perfect way to have a group funded gaming experience, everyone chucks in a few quid each and you then all get the benefit of being able to play the game!

I also don't care about it coming shipped with the kinect! I have never used it, I just see it as a way to move forward in the world of technology rather than just sticking with what we know!

I genuinely thought that the Xbox One was pretty intuitive!

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sanguinor View Post
    I feel very much in the minority here because I was really excited about everything the Xbox One had to offer, then they went a did a u-turn which really put me off!

I loved the idea of being able to share my games with up to 10 friends... Hell I saw that as a perfect way to have a group funded gaming experience, everyone chucks in a few quid each and you then all get the benefit of being able to play the game!

I also don't care about it coming shipped with the kinect! I have never used it, I just see it as a way to move forward in the world of technology rather than just sticking with what we know!

I genuinely thought that the Xbox One was pretty intuitive!

Could you play those shared games at the same time?

Registered+
    Thanks

Early adopters maybe but if the PS4 is as powerful as all the rumours are stating it may have greater appeal to hardcore gaming. Still glad I'm PC though

Registered+
    Thanks

I don't know, I've preferred the Xbox my entire life however now.. with what both companies are saying, I believe that the PS4 may just be ahead..

Registered+
    Thanks

it used to be new console yahoo must get on day 1 been like that since the snes but this time i will be waiting i look at my vita i could have saved a load if i just waited my pc plays all my old pc games all my new pc games and most of the games that i would want to play on ps4/xbone i can play on pc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suedenim View Post
    Could you play those shared games at the same time?
    Nope, you couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information