Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Progress: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 put in shade by Pentium J5005

Thanks

Re: Progress: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 put in shade by Pentium J5005

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    I never said that.. I just said that in my current opinion the general public isn't that bothered. So with people in general being less bothered does that make it less newsworthy? Perhaps... bad news sells so the saying goes, but something has to be newsworthy to begin with for it to become news. And that is the issue here - some people may say it's newsworthy, others may not.
    This is why I'm saying that people seem less and less bothered. Less people comment on stuff on tinternet, less likes etc. And this attitude is filtering down to news. The people who have expressed an opinion on this thread here are more bothered than others, us geeks if you like. The fact you have to look quite hard to find any information is proof enough that this is not deemed that newsworthy is it not?

I'm not arguing against you, far from it. Just explaining that the majority of people I have to work with on a daily basis don't give a stuff about this. As I said above somewhere - I'm more likely to get people expressing doubts about Win 10 looking bad than a major exploit that could actually lose them data and/or work and hit them hard. Or a notch on the latest phone. I am the admin of a website that has had to be modified slightly to work under IE6 because it is accessed (legitimately) from NHS computers that still run IE6. I had an email conversation with someone who didn't actually realise that IE6 was outdated the other day as it is all they can use at work and she has no pc at home. Some people have no idea - does that mean they are a bad person? It's fine that we debate it, we like this kind of thing. To other people, this is just something they don't have to worry about - or at least worry until it affects them personally

I'm with you - but the people I deal with are on the other side of the fence. Isn't that more worrying than the exploit itself in a way?
    I see where you're coming from, it raises my heckles a little bit when security isn't taken lightly as I have to do this for my job day in day out (I'm a hoot at parties though, kidding, I try not to bring work home). I wouldn't say I had to search very hard but I appreciate the notion, that is why I would say it's up to the news writers to keep their people informed.

In regards to your final question, people not being informed is less worrying than people who are capable of understanding but don't care. I was dealing with a multi-national organisation that delivers subscriptions to people and the C-level execs who sign off on things like Encryption and IT Security are holding off purchases because they are getting pissed off they have to pay for security because the budget is getting so large and think GDPR is just a way to sabotage their business and another business is just thinking about "chancing" it.

Ignorance can be combated by training or by deploying a system that takes it out of their hands, knowledgeable people are more dangerous.

Thanks
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF B450M-plus
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @ 3.2 Gt/s
      • Storage:
      • Crucial P5 1TB (boot), Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION+ 560P
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H

Once companies start eating the massive fines allowed in GDPR they'll see sense

ETR316

Pretty impressive considering the clock speed difference, on the other hand its kind of expected considering its been 10 years since the release of the Q6600

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information