Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: QOTW: Will you use a coronavirus contact-tracing app?

Thanks

Re: QOTW: Will you use a coronavirus contact-tracing app?

Quote Originally Posted by judge56988 View Post
    Seems to me this boils down to political belief - some people think big brother is watching them with malevolent intent. Well, sorry to shatter your illusions but the government isn't in the least bit interested in you - unless you're doing something illegal in which case, it's good! Maybe more criminals will be caught and make the place better for everyone else. The people that are interested in you are the Googles and Amazons of this world because they can make money from the data they collect.
    Political belief has very little do do with it, that is unless you know who's going to be our political masters in 10-20 or even 50 years from now.

And i hate to shatter your illusion but the government, or rather people in power or seeking power are very interested in you, if they weren't they wouldn't have spent so much money on getting to know you, your likes and dislikes, and whatever else they glean from peoples "social" media presence, it's not about if you've done anything wrong or not, it's about predicting and/or targeting you with the most effective messaging to get you to buy something, in the case of 'government' (people in or seeking power) it's about whether to bother spending money on directing advertising at you and what's the most effective way of getting you to vote for them.

Essentially they want to use the same techniques that the likes of Amazon, Facebook, Google, and others use to get people to click on and buy things they don't necessarily want, and they're not restricted by silly things like advertising standards.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    Political belief has very little do do with it, that is unless you know who's going to be our political masters in 10-20 or even 50 years from now.

And i hate to shatter your illusion but the government, or rather people in power or seeking power are very interested in you, if they weren't they wouldn't have spent so much money on getting to know you, your likes and dislikes, and whatever else they glean from peoples "social" media presence, it's not about if you've done anything wrong or not, it's about predicting and/or targeting you with the most effective messaging to get you to buy something, in the case of 'government' (people in or seeking power) it's about whether to bother spending money on directing advertising at you and what's the most effective way of getting you to vote for them.

Essentially they want to use the same techniques that the likes of Amazon, Facebook, Google, and others use to get people to click on and buy things they don't necessarily want, and they're not restricted by silly things like advertising standards.
    and that is just the more innocent end of the wedge. As Corky says - you just don't know what's around the corner. Who in 1920 could forsee what Germany would look like in 1935? Who in Russia in 1980 could forsee what it would look like in 1995? Things can change dramatically in 10-15 years.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBma_0oAiMI
    Hydroxychloroquine (cheap, 70yrs old) vs. remdesivir ($750, WTF? useless). Hold out for the 3-4 minutes for the africa $1 cure and test...LOL. Oh and $60 ventilators 3d printed. Note the cure here for $1 is just the WEAKER chloroquine drug+ some not mentioned antibiotic (zpak?). Either way it's $1 and we have the better version hydroxychloroquine. Don't be sheep people. There is no point in being afraid. They are using your fear to take your freedoms.

ROFL. I care about corona less than the flu. No I won't wear a mask or need anything more than my immune system (which is great on KETO/CARNI BTW). Stop eating carbs, watch how healthy you get, or at worst stop eating SUGAR/simple carbs.

You can cure yourself for about a dollar if needed. Hydroxychloroquine+zinc is all you likely need if you are in the VERY SMALL amount of people that will even know they have it (or Hyd+zinc+zpak maybe). Lots of ways to mitigate this crap already.

It is comic this is even news today at this point. Go back to work, shutting down is dumb. Waiting for a vaccine for something that ALREADY isn't a problem is dumb. If you're totally unable to get the right care, make sure you get your Vit D and Zinc. That is all most need even if carb eaters.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Just popped this in the original thread, but seeing as Hexus wanted a 2nd one I'll stick it here too:

We could see it coming and here it is! First reports of security holes in the NHS app: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52725810

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    Just popped this in the original thread, but seeing as Hexus wanted a 2nd one I'll stick it here too:

We could see it coming and here it is! First reports of security holes in the NHS app: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52725810
    Well, that didn't take long.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks

No. Simple answer. I don't see how it would help. I stay indoors as requested. Will do so long after the government considers it safe for me to venture out...

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

and, no surprises, the process (presumably, by association, the app too) doesn't comply with GDPR. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53466471

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information