Thank god games can run at mid or low settings too, when i played competitive i also did just that to get 200 FPS to match the 200 Hz of my monitor at the resolution i played in.
But i am not sure if playing in that low GFX settings are even allowed in modern games, or it might even be a drawback to do that, but at least ultra high settings are not a must.

What my 5700 XT can do for graphics now are okay with me, so future GFX upgrades will just impact the power bill ( in a good way ) and secondary maybe the performance, but i am not really looking at that anymore.
Also matter little when no one make the kind of games i like to play, cuz i have tried to make do with what are on offer, but i am not good with that so playing just make me mad VS having a good old time.

Even watching Astralis play CS:GO can make me mad, cuz that money / weapon buying tactics / element of the game just infuriate me so much, and was also the reason my CD disk back in the day ended up as a substitute for a clay pigeon and was exploded to may pieces by the 12 gauge.