Thread: Two Foxconn Motherboards Reviewed @ Motherboards.org

Thanks

Two Foxconn Motherboards Reviewed @ Motherboards.org

I first remember seeing the company name "Foxconn" on the end of a cable. Of course, Foxconn's company is a little more exciting than that, making a name for themselves in the motherboard scene. Motherboards.org (what an apt name) have two Foxconn boards on the testbed.

As far as features go, the Foxconn NF4K8MC-RS is middle of the pack for the available boards. Four SATA ports is not out of the ordinary. Otherwise, to get features like a Foxconn board with 7.1 surround sound and Firewire, you need to purchase either another model, or the nForce4 Ultra model. The bundle is ok, but my experiences with the Norton's Internet Security Suite left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. On the other hand, there are a couple of redeeming factors on the Foxconn NF4K8MC-RS is available for $82 online. This is the lowest priced nForce4 board on the market now. You get a PCI Express slot for the newer video cards, and the size of the board allows you to fit it into virtually any ATX class case.
    [Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC-RS]

Foxconn WinFast 755FX motherboard is a decent motherboard if it did not have the huge BFG 6800 OC artifact problem. That is the main reason why I did not like the motherboard. Being a motherboard, it should allow all hardware to be compatible. The BIOS is also very lacking with overclocking features. There are frequency adjustments but there are close to no voltage options. This board is not targeted at the overclocker anyway. The board performs decently and seems to be rather decent overall, but because of the issue with the BFG 6800 OC, I highly encourage you to do your homework on compatibility before making the purchase. Coming in roughly $90 it seems to be the cheapest Socket 939 AGP motherboard available. Personally, I would spend an extra $10 or so and go with something else.
    [Foxconn WinFast 755FXK8AA-8EKRS]

And if you fancy getting your hands on some free memory, there's a Corsair competition for you to enter.
    Last edited by Steve; 04-04-2005 at 10:25 PM.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information