Thread: Exclusive! HEXUS.gaming review:: RAPTOR-GAMING M2 Mouse

Thanks

Exclusive! HEXUS.gaming review:: RAPTOR-GAMING M2 Mouse

We had a look at this mouse very breifly at CeBIT and for the last two weeks I've been putting it through it's paces in preparation for review... and here's what I thought...
    The M2 has a well thought through, ergonomic design which nicely fills my large palm, though, truth be told, I could do with it being a tad larger… but I do have hands like spades, so I reckon the average gamer would have no trouble with it. On the right hand side, there’s a small wing to rest your pinkie on, which plants the M2 firmly in the right-hander territory. This is a handy addition as it saves you dragging your pinkie on the table… which is a boon you’ll only notice once you give it a whirl.
    Check out the full review over on HEXUS.gaming,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    I've got 1 of these on my desk...

I've been "testing" this today and it feels very good indeed. The wheel feels "rubbery" and is very tactile, and responds well to movement. Oh, it is also a tilt wheel and this action feels very sturdy as well.

As for what Nick calls the "wing" for the little finger it feels weird for the first 10-15 minutes but after a while it turns into a GODSEND and stops the sweaty little pinky slipping off the mouse and leaving trails all over your mousemat or desk.

I've not had chance to "test" it in game as yet - thats to come later but it is very responsive in windows and with the adjustable DPI it looks a cracker

Thanks
    Quite liked the feel of that as well - let me know what it's like on CSS will ya?

Thanks
    It's a very cool mouse, hence its awards...

It's a bit weird to satrt off with, but seriously, try and get used to having ALL of your hand on it, so your index finger is on LMB, middle finger on the wheel and ring finger on RMB...

That lets you use the tilt action on the mouse wheel whilst still being able to press the LMB... I'm RULING in CoD with this!

Oh yeah, try tilting the mouse wheel AND pushing it in... takes a bit of practise, but when you can do that it means you can have essentially three things going on, all at once... very handy for leaning around a corner, firing off a few shots then loosing off a grenade...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Hi all

I bought this mouse about a month ago and I remembered that Hexus had a review, so I thought I'd come over and let people know what I think about this item.

To start with I'd agree, it does look very cool and feels pretty comfortable in either hand. It does not slip and slide out of a sweaty hand (errr) either. The weights are a good idea but I just wish they were heavier and maybe there should have been more of them to mix and match (personally I couldn't tell the difference with 10 extra grams).

Now the real downside, this is not an always-on mouse (at least mine isn't) and therefore turns itself off after a second or two when not in motion. It then takes a noticeable time to recognise that it is in motion again. This can be a real pain in games like Battlefield2 where every second counts.

I've also noticed that this mouse does not work well with a black ice-mat or the Raptor-gaming M1 pad. It actually moves the pointer when you're not touching it. It's accuracy is also a problem and more so on these two mats. I bought the M1 pad especially for it and have now resorted to using my desk, yes that's right, no mouse-mat...

Outside of gaming this mouse has yet another problem with the scroll-wheel button. It will not pick up the scroll-wheel button in Firefox (I use it to open a link in a new tab) and recently I've noticed some other strange activities with the actually scroll-wheel, it just isn't responsive and sometimes I have to scroll it several times to get it to be recognised.

Personally, I would not recommend this mouse to anyone, gamers or general windows users. Maybe its just my mouse that is faulty but I never had this problem with my old MS Intellimouse.

Regards
    Versus3k

Thanks
    • koocha's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Fujitsu D2778-c1
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon W3656
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Triple Channel DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 3 x 3TB mechanicals
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 500w Fujitsu
      • Case:
      • Fujitsu M470-2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 42" LG Smart 3D TV
      • Internet:
      • 76Mb BT Infinity 2
    I've seen this at £29.99 at Special Reserve...is that a good price?

http://specialreserve.co.uk/Raptor-M...e_feed&afset=1

Thanks
    Not if you take free shipping into account

Thanks
    • koocha's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Fujitsu D2778-c1
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon W3656
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Triple Channel DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 3 x 3TB mechanicals
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 500w Fujitsu
      • Case:
      • Fujitsu M470-2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 42" LG Smart 3D TV
      • Internet:
      • 76Mb BT Infinity 2
    oh aye! You SCAN people are lovely aren't you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus3k
    Hi all

Now the real downside, this is not an always-on mouse (at least mine isn't) and therefore turns itself off after a second or two when not in motion. It then takes a noticeable time to recognise that it is in motion again. This can be a real pain in games like Battlefield2 where every second counts.

I've also noticed that this mouse does not work well with a black ice-mat or the Raptor-gaming M1 pad. It actually moves the pointer when you're not touching it. It's accuracy is also a problem and more so on these two mats. I bought the M1 pad especially for it and have now resorted to using my desk, yes that's right, no mouse-mat...

Outside of gaming this mouse has yet another problem with the scroll-wheel button. It will not pick up the scroll-wheel button in Firefox (I use it to open a link in a new tab) and recently I've noticed some other strange activities with the actually scroll-wheel, it just isn't responsive and sometimes I have to scroll it several times to get it to be recognised.

Regards
    Versus3k
    hey versus have you found any solutions to these anoying problems that come with the M2 gaming mouse as i have been getting the same probs since the day i bought it ... like you said, i thought my mouse was just faulty but after reading your post i realise that its not ..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BaAm
    hey versus have you found any solutions to these anoying problems that come with the M2 gaming mouse as i have been getting the same probs since the day i bought it ... like you said, i thought my mouse was just faulty but after reading your post i realise that its not ..
    Hi BaAm

Unfortunately I haven't found any solutions yet, which is a real shame I'm seriously considering getting the Logitech G5 Laser mouse which also has custom weights, very high reporting rate, dpi change and is apparently always-on.

I've contacted Raptor Gaming about these problems and they say they are working on new drivers which will resolve some of the problems but that was months ago and I haven't seen any new updates since version 50616.

It was also Raptor Gaming who advised me to get the M1 Pad

Thread Information