Thread: NZXT Kraken Z53 RGB White

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

NZXT Kraken Z53 RGB White

A fresh coat of paint for an already stylish cooler.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: NZXT Kraken Z53 RGB White

I know I stand to get slated here but also bear in mind I don't game and just use my PC as a PC , internet , work , downloads , Emails and watch a few films. Yes I have a glass sided case but only because it was on a silly clear out price from CCL computers ( £52 as opposed to the £129 RRP ) I have 5x Led 120 case fans with controller ( 3 front , 2 top) which were at a silly price too and cheaper than me buying quality name brands.This was part of my new build 2 years ago to go with a Ryzen 5 2600 , MSI B450 Pro Carbon and 16GB of Gskill 3200 Trident Z ( bought the RGB version on a whim). I'm not into the RGB craze at all in PC's and the beast sits under my desk so I only see the front one's anyway , unless I turn the lighting off. Now I'm not into liquid cooling at all , added worry of leaks, failing pumps etc and costs. I've always favoured air cooling and very pleased with my Artic cooling 34 EsportsDuo , almost as good as a Noctua and half the price. That price of £230 for the 240 is about what I paid for my Ryzen and motherboard combined and wouldn't entertain that even if I wanted an AIO. My air cooler keeps my Ryzen ( clocked at a steady 4ghz ) @ 28c idle and don't think it went past 60 running Battlefield when briefly testing a GPU I had. Horses for courses I know but AIO's are not for me.

Thanks

I don't get the display you need on it, I mean it is not like am going to watch into the PC while it is running and if need to monitor something, it would be easier to put that up on the the monitors. or something down those lines uh.... and yes I do them crazy builds... but putting the PC under the desk... and having additional noise reduction due to that... also to the price I usuallly build for.... then I can't afford my rig to be on the desk.... as it could accidentially drop down and that would be uo to 4-5000£ down the drain... I hate anything RGB, however when opening the case or by press of a button I can put light into it, to check on stuff if I hear/feel/notice a malfunction, or something that is not right, byt that is another story.

Also LAN parties is more of a thing of the past, so lesser room to flex at as well with a lightshow, I wish these companies in general would also grant no RGB variants, sporting the eg. the same equipment factory OC's and more for a lesser cost, am sure that is where people would go at.

Thanks

I can understand the appeal to some , bling , glitz , saves buying a Christmas tree anyway. lol. Only thing I like and insist on having is a backlit keyboard and I mean only lit under individual keys. I'm normally in a darkened room and write a fair bit when on the PC and this makes for a better experience for me. I've always dabbled with electronics and even customised my cars dashboard and switches with blue Leds but with PC's having Leds flashing or glowing around you I would find distracting and annoying. As stated my PC is under the desk anyway and out of the way where it should be , I want to look at the screen not the case but each to their own. As you stated there is the added cost in manufacture putting the disco effect in to products which we have to pay extra for but this is the present craze and companys see an added cash cow and will makethe most of it , it's business after all. Rope light mains leads and rainbow wall plugs next no doubt. lol.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mers View Post
    I know I stand to get slated here but also bear in mind I don't game and just use my PC as a PC , internet , work , downloads , Emails and watch a few films. Yes I have a glass sided case but only because it was on a silly clear out price from CCL computers ( £52 as opposed to the £129 RRP ) I have 5x Led 120 case fans with controller ( 3 front , 2 top) which were at a silly price too and cheaper than me buying quality name brands.This was part of my new build 2 years ago to go with a Ryzen 5 2600 , MSI B450 Pro Carbon and 16GB of Gskill 3200 Trident Z ( bought the RGB version on a whim). I'm not into the RGB craze at all in PC's and the beast sits under my desk so I only see the front one's anyway , unless I turn the lighting off. Now I'm not into liquid cooling at all , added worry of leaks, failing pumps etc and costs. I've always favoured air cooling and very pleased with my Artic cooling 34 EsportsDuo , almost as good as a Noctua and half the price. That price of £230 for the 240 is about what I paid for my Ryzen and motherboard combined and wouldn't entertain that even if I wanted an AIO. My air cooler keeps my Ryzen ( clocked at a steady 4ghz ) @ 28c idle and don't think it went past 60 running Battlefield when briefly testing a GPU I had. Horses for courses I know but AIO's are not for me.
    So thats like saying Im not into games that much in a review for a 3090.

Thread Information