Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAPPHIRE PURE Innovation A9RX480 S939 Mainboard

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkieBen
    Poland's a country? I thought it was a place made up by parents to scare little children

and actually Poland is in Eastern Europe (at least that is the accepted fact)
    Scared yet?

Thanks
    Just a little sidenote - at the BestBuy I work at we carry two HPs, the a1129 and a1130n, both powered by the RS480 Chipset from MSI. The funny thing is, HP's BIOS disables RAID. The chipset / mobo supports it if you look up the model # on MSI's website, but you can't with the HP computers. Aint that a hoot? ;P

ASIC Design Manager
    ATI Technologies
    Thanks
    The Pure board will not be the most economical board out there, that was never a design criteria. The whole purpose of the board is maximum overclockability and stability at elevated clocks/voltage.

DFI is planning on building a Crossfire motherboard based heavily on the reference design. It will automatically incorporate all the "goodness" that's in the Pure board and a few new tricks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoab
    Thanks for the thorough review guys.

I'm trying to get my head round the comments in the hexus.afterburner section. If I'm reading it right, what Paul's saying is

- our review shows that this board isn't the best bang for the buck
    - but that doesn't matter
    - 'cos the guy who designed the reference board that this board is based on "designed it to be the ultimate board for enthusiasts and overclockers"

So, no matter that the testing during the review, and the analysis of the price/performance, show objectively that this isn't the best buy for enthusiasts -- we should buy it anyway because the designer was well-intentioned?

I'm sure John Bruno is a sound, straight-up and honest guy. But I'm also sure that I can get a Socket 939 mainboard that performs as well (or better) than this Sapphire for less than £130. And I'm doubly sure of this after reading the Hexus review. So what's with the afterburner comments?

fb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information