Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: HEXUS.reviews :: XFX GeForce 8800 GTX XXX Edition: the world's fastest graphics card?

  1. #1
    Team HEXUS.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,396
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    411 times in 217 posts

    HEXUS.reviews :: XFX GeForce 8800 GTX XXX Edition: the world's fastest graphics card?

    We take a look at what could just be the world's fastest graphics card.

    Find out more.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Hi there. Just joined to query one part of your review. Obviously, the 7950GX2 came out top in the price/performance part of the battle, but where on earth can you find such a card for £220, let alone call it an "average street price"?

    I think you guys got confused and used the 7950GT pricing instead, as those few places where the 7950GX2 cards are still available are listing them at £330 (the cheapest I could find) and up to the £500 mark.

    But if there's one out there for £220, please let me know My credit card would be out faster than you could pass wind.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    4 times in 4 posts
    I have one of these and they are nice cards but not worth the price cos most of the 8800gtx can be very easily overclocked to the XXX speeds.

  4. #4
    Team HEXUS.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,396
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    411 times in 217 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    Hi there. Just joined to query one part of your review. Obviously, the 7950GX2 came out top in the price/performance part of the battle, but where on earth can you find such a card for £220, let alone call it an "average street price"?

    I think you guys got confused and used the 7950GT pricing instead, as those few places where the 7950GX2 cards are still available are listing them at £330 (the cheapest I could find) and up to the £500 mark.

    But if there's one out there for £220, please let me know My credit card would be out faster than you could pass wind.
    MuffinMan,

    That's interesting.

    I took that price from Scan's website last Wednesday.

    They had two cards, an ASUS and XFX, priced at £290 and £220, respectively. I'm sure Scan can confirm this.

    Looking at the site now, however, both cards have been removed from the website, suggesting that there's just no more of that SKU left.

    In view of this, I'll amend the graph with new pricing of £300.

    Update: 8.20am - edited to reflect the current pricing.
    Last edited by Tarinder; 08-02-2007 at 09:15 AM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Pretty fast card, i think 8800gtx will be on the top until amd-ati's r600 come out.

    7950gx2 is cheap at price 220 pounds. But i would get a 8800gts for about 30-40 pounds more. Similar speed or on some games 7950gx2 is faster, but for future gaming you must get 8800 series or wait for a dx 10 games releases. You'll have more choices of graphics cards from both nvidia and amd.

  6. #6
    Chillie in here j.o.s.h.1408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a place called home
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    256 times in 193 posts
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband
    Quote Originally Posted by madmobile View Post
    Pretty fast card, i think 8800gtx will be on the top until amd-ati's r600 come out.

    7950gx2 is cheap at price 220 pounds. But i would get a 8800gts for about 30-40 pounds more. Similar speed or on some games 7950gx2 is faster, but for future gaming you must get 8800 series or wait for a dx 10 games releases. You'll have more choices of graphics cards from both nvidia and amd.
    nvidia and amd? i diddt know amd made graphics cards hehe but on a serious note i think i will wait to see what ATI has to offer and i may wait til the 2nd generation of dx10 cards to come out before i make my decision in upgrading my ageing pc(the legendary P4 Northwood )

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarinder View Post
    In view of this, I'll amend the graph with new pricing of £300.
    Cheers Though I must admit to being sad that there's none out there for the bargian price anymore.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB DDR3 XXX Edition
    By Steve in forum HEXUS Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-11-2005, 09:51 PM
  2. Asus 'Extreme TOP Edition' nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX
    By EasterEEL in forum Graphics Cards
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 05:33 PM
  3. XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB Video Card
    By Steve in forum HEXUS Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-07-2005, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •