Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recommendations for a Mini ITX board?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Any recommendations for a Mini ITX board?

I'd have to agree with herulach. My concern with going the Intel route would be the horribly overpriced processors compared with what you get with AMD. The GPU on something like an A10 would be more than enough for most games. Even the A8 is no slouch.

Of course, it's always better to go for a seperate CPU/GPU combination but if you're on a budget (if you're looking at an i3 then it's pretty clear that you are) then you should seriously consider an AMD APU. The only problem at the moment is that FM2+ is just around the corner, so if you go for an FM2 board it's unlikely that AMD will be releasing any new FM2 APUs, so the current A10 may be the highest you can go.

Whenever I've been asked to build a PC for someone, I've always suggested getting the best motherboard you can afford and then build your PC around it, even if it means getting the cheapest CPU you can find for now. With FM2+ around the corner, it makes FM2 a bit redundant if you're planning on upgrading at some point. So my usual advice doesn't really hold at the moment.

Thanks
    What's the budget?

I recommend the ASUS Maximus VI GENE Motherboard( DDR3 1600 Intel Z87 LGA 1150)

Read the reviews here http://pcgamerhome.com/asus-maximus-...-z87-lga-1150/

Dog
    Registered+
    Thanks

I'm about to build a mini itx pc using this mobo; MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Motherboard. I'll be using an amd quad core and looking to get a high end gpu with it too. I would like to do an intel build too, so i may go down that path instead.

Registered+
    Thanks

Gigagbyte H87N-WIFI and Coolermaster Elite 130 case. Both for around £130

Registered+
    Thanks

MSI Z79I ac gaming. For £100 I do not think you can get any better.

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm finnaly going for a new gaming rig and decided I'm gonna go for that Anniversary Pentium cause the price is excellent. I'm just in doubt of what motherboard to get. Have my eye on the MSI H97I AC. I just don't like the socket placement cause it won't be compatible with my desired noctua cooler. anybody has experience with this board?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information