Thread: Unable to setup new ADSL connection with Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard and Windows XP p

Registered+
    Thanks

Unable to setup new ADSL connection with Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard and Windows XP p

Having just built a brand new PC, and installed Windows XP Pro OEM SP3, followed by the required device drivers for the graphics card and Monitor. I tried to setup my ADSL broadband using the new network connection wizard of Windows XP Pro.

This keeps failing, as Windows XP does not detect the Ethernet RJ45 connector of the motherboard.

In the past I have had similar issues with other systems and these had to have patches run on the OS in order detect the Ethernet connectors.

I have attempted to access the Web without starting Windows XP (as the Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard offers this capability). This action enabled the Ethernet RJ45 connections at the back of the motherboard. Therefore I was able to access the internet in this way, but, when I started up the OS and tried to create a new connection with the Windows XP connection wizard, this failed as the created connection could not connect to my ISP and to the internet.

Looking on the Asus P6T Deluxe download pages, there appear to be updates with the LAN section but the version of the updates seem to be out of synch, so I dare not update these.
    Latest version being 2.16.3.3 and previous version being 10.22.4.3(it does not make sense).

I do not how if there are windows XP patches that would cover the fault that I am experiencing currently.

I am using a second PC to access the internet and for looking for potential solutions.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    • Viper81's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Many
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 1Gb 6950
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650W
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 25.5" HP W2558HC
      • Internet:
      • Tin Can and String

Re: Unable to setup new ADSL connection with Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard and Windows

I'm assuming that Windows just hasn't got the correct drivers for your network card.
    If you have a look in device manager (right-click on "My Computer" select "Manage" then select "Device Manager" from the left) do you see a device with a yellow exclamation mark listed?
    If the download page that you're referring to is this one:

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...T%20Deluxe

then I think you just mis-read the info. The version 2.16.3.3 software is just some kind of application pack for the network card. The drivers themselves are the v10.22.4.3 download.
    If you just grab those and transfer them to your new PC you should be able to install them and problem solved (hopefuly ).

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Unable to setup new ADSL connection with Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard and Windows

Thank you Viper81.

Being it the first system I built myself, I tried to do to much on the same day, hence installing the OS and the applications that I had. Due to tiredness I could not think straight to solve the problem.

I have now solved this, and, am ashamed to admit that I had forgotten to install the LAN device drivers that were supplied on the support DVD that came with the Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard. As soon as I installed these and rebooted the system, both LAN connection icon appeared in the Windows XP "Network Connections", and, internet connection was possible through these.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thread Information