• Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Windowes Vista 64 bit / Windows XP / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:
      • lol its Virgin can you call it that

Virgin media and exploding cable modems

Well i could not believe what i was told buy technical support in a far off place called India today when i phone to sort out my cable modem.

To start off nice and simple i pay the old £25 for a 10mb connection and for the last few weeks have only been getting 2mb even after 12 at night. thinking at first i must have hit there cut off limit. But over the last few days i noticed my kids haven't used there PCs and ive had hardly any downloads or uploads for that matter going on. So after phoning there normal help desk i was put through to India broadband technical support.

Now after the nice fellow introduced himself as Steve (ill let that one go) and asked from my name "Mick". He went on to read his manuscript of how i must unplug the cable modem and re set it which i didn't complain about and just did it to keep him happy. I then re ran a test and saw i was still only connected at 2mb. Then he gladly kept reading from his screen that i must remove all my Cookies (cool this is getting interesting) and make sure my virus protector is turned off (now hes relay going some ware here) so i obliged him anyway. Then he told me to re test my line and he would check it from his end. Again still connected at 2mb lol.

Again after he came back after waffling a loading of Hindu speech to his mentor whom was sitting right next to him and then his mentor calling him Rujal (not steve) and me listening and him not knowing i understand a little Hindu my self he said "please turn off your cable modem else it may (now these are his words not mine) BLOW UP ..........."

what !!!!! he can blow up my modem all the way from India ... HOLY COW .... How can he do that .... Rujal ops i mean Steve can actually some how send a bomb down my line and blow up my cable modem or even send down more than the few volts than the line can carry and take out my modem and no one else in the street. How can he do such a thing. I started to sweat at this point and started to feel afraid that some how i have a time bob sitting in my living room waiting for some Guy in India (or is he supposed to be in the UK i never know) has a big red nob that he can hit at any time and blow up my home !!!!!!! I had to calm down and ask my lass to make me a coffee before i pee my pans with fear.

I turned round to Rujal on the phone and said "Steve were are you mate because im now worried that if i touch this bomb it might go off in my hands" he came back with im from Newport". I said "is'nt that near Newcastle ?" of which he replied with "yes its close"...... I then asked my lass to check my sleeping tablets to see if i may have taken to many .. you never know it could be just me. I then said to Rujal "Steve no offense mate but you have me very worried now that if i turn of this cable modem off it might blow up on me like you said" . He then calmed me down by explaining this could only happen if i leave it on while he runs some test's. So that calmed me down a lot now and here is me thinking that he could blow it up while i was turning it off.

So i unplugged the cable modem and told Rajal or was it Steve who resides in Newport that is near Newcastle that i had done what he had asked off me and that was to remove the fragile volatile cable modem from its power unit as he asked .....
    He then told me to wait while he sends some commands to the modem and see's if he could solve this massive problem that i was having.

After about 4 min Rujal ops i mean Steve who lives in Newport near Newcastle who has the ability to blow up my cable modem in my house then came back and said "Miss Rungien" (i quickly check my genitals just in case this guy can now do gender exchange via some sort of mental telepathy or even over my cable modem line) can you please turn on back your modem (no that 's how he said it this nice UK citizen from Newport near Newcastle called Steve.....)

So i worryingly go over to my modem double checking that my genitals are still there and that my "Moob's" haven't suddenly grown into fully fledged boobs and plug back in the power supply all the while feeling a little unconformable about this simple problem.

I then tell Rujal dam done it again i mean Steve from Newport near Newcastle that has the ability to blow up my cable modem and give me a gender reassignment while all this is going on that i had done as he asked ... He then asked me miss Rugien to check my PC to see if it was now working.

I did this and holly cow its now working i have my 10Mbs back.

So i then turned round to Rujal ......dam done it again ..... i mean Steve on the phone "Thank you for sending my 10Mb Cm file and flashing my firmware on my new cable modem to what it was supposed to be, but do me a favor next time don't lie down the telephone Rujal it doesn't make your mentor who is listening in on the other end of the phone look Good and have a nice day over there in India bud" ......

why do they have to make up so many lies just to fix a 2 min problem ..............

Mick
    Project - C-Macc's 2 http://forums.hexus.net/chassis-syst...tch-build.html
    Mayhemd Dyes - Put some mayhem in you system today.

2. Received thanks from:

Blastuk (26-02-2009)

Thanks

Re: Virgin media and exploding cable modems

Pure class!!!

Gawd knows why they insist on lying about who and where they are. You'd think it would come from the powers that be, and if they're so embarrased about having call centres in India, why the hell did they move them there in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPwSpvV9iU

Thanks
    • mayhem's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Delux thing a ma bob
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 Over clocked Go Steppings
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig OCZ Reaper (4 x 2 Gb Sticks)
      • Storage:
      • 8Tb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ge force 8800 GTX
      • Case:
      • Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by mehmeh View Post
    Pure class!!!

Gawd knows why they insist on lying about who and where they are. You'd think it would come from the powers that be, and if they're so embarrased about having call centres in India, why the hell did they move them there in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPwSpvV9iU
    lol at the film. I couldn't believe the rubbish the guy was telling me im considering sending this in a email to them. Virgin aint half annoying me lately with my speeds and the price.

Might switch because ive been with ntl before them for more than 10 years then since virgin took over we have had nothing but problem's. When they migrated across they lost all my info on our web page and locked us out of our email which took us 9 months (no joke) to get sorted.

To be honest it wouldn't bother me if Virgin went bust because hopefully a better company might take them over and do a better job ....

Thanks

Has got a joke since Branson took over, dude, couldnt agree more. We're lucky down here, the network is solid and not over subscribed so we do see all our speed. But the STM and customer service has gone out the window. When I rang up to cancel, I was assured the max my phoneline will take is 6.5Mb, when I informed the lady about Be/O2 and ADSL2 in general she seemed bemused and I ended up actually explaining it to her LOL! Respect to her, she did leave the conversation saying she would do some research and might look at O2 herself cause she had a mobile contract with them. I should start charging.

If your considering moving, just do it. My 10Mb line goes the 15th of March and 20Mb O2 line is already on order. With BT line rental factored in, its working out as near as damn it what I was paying VM, nough said.

Thanks
    • mayhem's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 8Tb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ge force 8800 GTX
      • Case:
      • Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:

yeh ill have a work because we will have to fork out that £120 for a line to be fitted on top. witch is not a problem but over all are the telephone calls cheaper.

Thanks
    • Blastuk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB @ 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • OCZ ZS 650W
      • Case:
      • Antec Eleven Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA 22" + Dell U2412M 24"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 152Mb

thanks for that, was a chuckle to read

Jay
    Thanks

ha ha

Classsic.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • mayhem's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 8Tb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ge force 8800 GTX
      • Case:
      • Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:

well im going to let you read this -

quote from my email from Berkett, Neil Head of virgin media or some thing like that .. yes i sent it to him ...

thx for getting in touch; I will ask my office to review 2 things. Firstly to ensure you are now getting the service you should but secondly your concerns over our India operation. We do not hide the fact that some of our technical support is based offshore. Our people there are encouraged to use their own names (not Steve) and they should never lie about where they are based.

----- Original Message -----
    To: Berkett, Neil
    Sent: Thu Feb 26 12:55:09 2009
    Subject: Virgin media , exploding cable modems and lies !!!!!!

Well i could not believe what i was told buy technical support in a far off place called India today when i phone to sort out my cable modem. This is for real ..... Considering email them with this ....

To start off nice and simple i pay the old &#163;25 for a 10mb connection and for the last few weeks have only been getting 2mb even after 12 at night. thinking at first i must have hit there cut off limit. But over the last few days i noticed my kids haven't used there PCs and ive had hardly any downloads or uploads for that matter going on. So after phoning there normal help desk i was put through to India broadband technical support.

Now after the nice fellow introduced himself as Steve (ill let that one go) and asked from my name "Mick". He went on to read his manuscript of how i must unplug the cable modem and re set it which i didn't complain about and just did it to keep him happy. I then re ran a test and saw i was still only connected at 2mb. Then he gladly kept reading from his screen that i must remove all my Cookies (cool this is getting interesting) and make sure my virus protector is turned off (now hes relay going some ware here) so i obliged him anyway. Then he told me to re test my line and he would check it from his end. Again still connected at 2mb lol.

Again after he came back after waffling a loading of Hindu speech to his mentor whom was sitting right next to him and then his mentor calling him Rujal (not steve) and me listening and him not knowing i understand a little Hindu my self he said "please turn off your cable modem else it may (now these are his words not mine) BLOW UP ..........."

what !!!!! he can blow up my modem all the way from India ... HOLY COW .... How can he do that .... Rujal ops i mean Steve can actually some how send a bomb down my line and blow up my cable modem or even send down more than the few volts than the line can carry and take out my modem and no one else in the street. How can he do such a thing. I started to sweat at this point and started to feel afraid that some how i have a time bob sitting in my living room waiting for some Guy in India (or is he supposed to be in the UK i never know) has a big red nob that he can hit at any time and blow up my home !!!!!!! I had to calm down and ask my lass to make me a coffee before i pee my pans with fear.

I turned round to Rujal on the phone and said "Steve were are you mate because im now worried that if i touch this bomb it might go off in my hands" he came back with im from Newport". I said "is'nt that near Newcastle ?" of which he replied with "yes its close"...... I then asked my lass to check my sleeping tablets to see if i may have taken to many .. you never know it could be just me. I then said to Rujal "Steve no offense mate but you have me very worried now that if i turn of this cable modem off it might blow up on me like you said" . He then calmed me down by explaining this could only happen if i leave it on while he runs some test's. So that calmed me down a lot now and here is me thinking that he could blow it up while i was turning it off.

So i unplugged the cable modem and told Rajal or was it Steve who resides in Newport that is near Newcastle that i had done what he had asked off me and that was to remove the fragile volatile cable modem from its power unit as he asked .....
    He then told me to wait while he sends some commands to the modem and see's if he could solve this massive problem that i was having.

After about 4 min Rujal ops i mean Steve who lives in Newport near Newcastle who has the ability to blow up my cable modem in my house then came back and said "Miss Rungien" (i quickly check my genitals just in case this guy can now do gender exchange via some sort of mental telepathy or even over my cable modem line) can you please turn on back your modem (no that 's how he said it this nice UK citizen from Newport near Newcastle called Steve.....)

So i worryingly go over to my modem double checking that my genitals are still there and that my "Moob's" haven't suddenly grown into fully fledged boobs and plug back in the power supply all the while feeling a little unconformable about this simple problem.

I then tell Rujal dam done it again i mean Steve from Newport near Newcastle that has the ability to blow up my cable modem and give me a gender reassignment while all this is going on that i had done as he asked ... He then asked me miss Rugien to check my PC to see if it was now working.

I did this and holly cow its now working i have my 10Mbs back.

So i then turned round to Rujal ......dam done it again ..... i mean Steve on the phone "Thank you for sending my 10Mb Cm file and flashing my firmware on my new cable modem to what it was supposed to be, but do me a favor next time don't lie down the telephone Rujal it doesn't make your mentor who is listening in on the other end of the phone look Good and have a nice day over there in India bud" ......

This is the sort of lies you Indian staff say to us users over the phone. I am not impressed really as i have to deal with types of cock ups when peoples modems don't work as a IT engineer. This was my own cable modem this time. Im considering from now on telling my customers to not bother with virgin media as a ISP because of the out right lies your staff tell and the really bad service that you are giving us over here in the UK.

ever since NTL got taken over by virgin the service has gone down hill. it took your company 9 months just to give me back my email account and they still haven't given me back access to my FTP account witch has now been over 1.5 years.

Ill be posting this in all the forums i can because im fed up with your company and they way ive been treated and lied to even though it was funny.

Michael lee wood

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?

Visit www.virginmedia.com for more information, and more fun.

This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally privileged
    and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s). If you have received this
    email in error, please delete it from your system: its use, disclosure or copying is
    unauthorised. Statements and opinions expressed in this email may not represent
    those of Virgin Media. Any representations or commitments in this email are
    subject to contract. Please note that we are migrating our email addresses to a
    company wide address of "@virginmedia.co.uk". If you are sending to a Telewest or
    ntl email address your email will be re-directed.

Registered office: 160 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5QA.
    Registered in England and Wales with number 2591237
    ==============================================================================
    P.s ill be framing this response !!!!!

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

i bet the guy forwarded that to his mates as its a good laugh

Thanks
    • mayhem's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 8Tb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ge force 8800 GTX
      • Case:
      • Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:

ops double post

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Just a fyi, virgin didnt take over NTL. The name was already partially owned by NTL/Telewest before hand and since everyone knows virgin more than NTL they decided to switch which is why i dont get how the service has gone bad(it has).

My internet used to be fine but this week its been bad, cuts out every 10mins for about a minute but it happens for a few hours aday so if it happens again im ringing them . I hate the indian call centres, no affence to indians etc but i cant understand them and since they read off a script i cant get the support I need so its useless paying them crap wages for **** all help.

Id recommend threating to leave as im paying about &#163;12.50 atm for broadband and 12.5 for tv(x large tv and 10mb bb) this is due to a &#163;25 royalty bonus or something since we complained about the speed and that sky offer better(use sky as they will give you anything to stop you moving there xD).
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks
    • mayhem's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 8Tb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ge force 8800 GTX
      • Case:
      • Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:

This might explain why they have bad service this is taken direct from face book - this is there Global office at virgin Media ...

Now i wonder if there looking for my sensitive modem down there some ware ...

Thanks
    • Sputnik's system
      • Motherboard:
      • J&W 790GX Extreme
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II 720be
      • Memory:
      • OCZ DDR2-6400
      • PSU:
      • Enermax

The most annoying thing for me with Virgin was they would never accept that the problem was a network outage or something wrong at their end. Then there was the recorded message at the start of the call about doing all the basic checks and rebooting your modem etc. (As if people would not have already tried this).

Then I found when you eventually got thru to India they then read this same old 'spill' about rebooting the modem etc etc. And always eventually ended in the statement that my PC had Firewall, Antivirus, Cookie and spyware problems which were preventing me from having an internet connection.

When I asked how my computer being inflicted with all these problems could stop the whole street from having an internet service they had no answers!..... I did, I said you have a network outage in the area.

What with the always slow speed of 8.5Mb on a 20Mb connection and the frequent outages coupled with the impossibility of getting them to accept they had problems, I eventually gave up with them after being a customer for over 8 years.

Now with Be and I can only say I should have jumped ship sooner. Because I'm a distance from the exchange I can only get 8.5Mb. Its the same speed I got from Virgin but, £20 a month less. I already had a BT line so it is not like it is costing me extra for that.

Thanks

As Hicks says above - "Virgin" is the same company as before, no one took them over, they simply changed their name.

This has been covered many times in this forum, have a search.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • mayhem's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 8Tb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ge force 8800 GTX
      • Case:
      • Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:

Who care whether they have been taken over or re named. They are rubbish and need to sort out the things that count..

But since they re named / re badged / re what ever they have done they have gone down the pan and slipped into the fire.

Virgin media Broadband is losing customer's very quickly and its no wonder why !!! instead of doing what they do best there expanding at a alarming rate into a section that is only good for downloading moves and multi media content at such a rate that is no good to any one. 50mbs does look good but come on who really needs that speed. 20mbs is plenty fast enough for 80% of the people out there. Yes you can have a movie in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee but what good is that. Because after you've downloaded that movie and watched it you have to wait another 24 hours before you can do it again because you've been capped .....

First they need to learn to walk before they run. there not even walking yet and they still have the zimmer frame around them to prove it (and that they did them selfs). If they sorted out there customers problems, sorted out this capping problem, then maybe bring in 50mb broadband.

Other problems they have is they offer you "UPTO" 4Mb / 10 MB / 20 MB / 50MB

Yet they cap you at 4mb goes down to 1Mb, 10 MB goes down to 2MB, 20 MB goes down to 8MB god know what 50 Mb goes down to.

So shouldn't it say you can have a 1Mb to 4Mb / 2Mb to 10Mb / 8mb to 20mb ect ect, erm no they don't because it shows how really bad they really are ....

Let put it another you go by a nice chocolate cake it costs you £25. You take it home you decide stuff it im going to be greedy and im going to eat my cake now and im going to eat it all. Suddenly from out of the blue you wife walks in slaps you hand and gives you 1/8th of that cake and says NO you can have some more tomorrow ..... But she all so says if you fancy eating it all you will have to wait till i goto bed at 00.00 Hrs then ill let you have a bit more while i sleep ...

Or lets put it another way ..

There are 4 pcs in my house. Mine, My sons and my 2 daughters. Then there is a WII a Xbox 360 and a PS3 and my 2 x arcade systems. My son goes on UT 3 and puts up a server, My daughters go onto Cbbc and start's watching a some kids program, my other daughter decides she would like to hit Barbie world and all so send her mate a couple of photos she took that day, i decide to jump of you tube and have a laugh at the idiots that live in the world. then suddenly 10 min later my sons server dies, Cbbc decides to stutter like hell, my other daughter photo uploads keep canceling due to bandwidth problems and i just gave up on you tube all because we hit our bandwidth limit ....... Yet i am paying for a 10 mb line ...

Virgin media responds with the following, "well do it after 12 a clock at night" when every bugger is in bed ... But hold on my kids are in bed why should they have to wait till 12 at night. They are only on the net between 15:00 Hrs and 19:00 Hrs. Or if you phone India support you will probably get oh its because it raining out side and it could be effecting you line speed (trust me i have herd that a couple of time's from them) ...

Sorry but yeh the original post by me is funny but in a serious way its all so disgusting that Virgin media are a REAL bad broadband company in more way's than one and there bad customer service is just the start of it.

Thanks
    • SuicidaL's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage Formula X48
      • CPU:
      • Q9450 + Heatkiller 3.0LT custom loop
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair Dominator 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2x 1Tb Samsung F1's, 320Gb Samsung F1, 250Gb Samsung Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 6870 ref + EK FC6870 custom loop
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone Strider Plus 750w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF-932
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Iiyama E2209HDS
      • Internet:
      • VM 50meg

well i didn't get steve from newport today, nope today i had rocky from i don't know where. was just watchin some stuff i had v+'d and about 11 it just went dead, now i thought it may have been a box reboot as the online light was pulsing on/off. but it couldn't have been as the guide bar came straight back. looked over at the sacm and noticed the sync light going bloody mental, so checked the phone and dead.

so got online with my mobile dongle to check the service status, but there was nothing. so in a last attempt to find out what was happening i rang up.when this voice said "helloooooooooooo my name is rocky, how can i help" , i thought of this thread when i read it on friday. anyways it turns out that they lumped my old account and new account together without telling me, and thus instead of owing 1 months service which has just been installed, the new account has had the balance lumped from the old one (for which i've still not received the final bill on the old account) and cut me off.

"oi rocky, sort it out", so i've paid the bill for the new account to get my services back on, but told rocky/apollo/clubber t or whatever he is really called that i'm not paying the old account off until i receive the bill which has been nearly 5 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information