Got a strange problem here with a Dlink DSL-G604T. I think the routers faulty as its behaving strangley but I just want to check its not something I'm doing wrong. The wifi settings were set to default, a generic name like "dslgt4_3" for the SSID (or something like that). When I tried to change the SSID name (via a PC with an ethernet cable). neither of the 2 laptops I had on picked up a network with the new name, they just kept detecting the old network. On the router setup page I'd type in the new name, then click apply. every other router I've configured its pretty much instant, on this router I waited for a couple of minutes and still it didnt change.

Did a factory reset (and then had to reconfigure the connection). I just left the SSID as the default, but when I enabled WEP or WPA on the router setup page and hit apply, the network remained unsecured! I think when I first saw the router (the owner had been messing around) the wifi network had WEP on, but I'm not 100% sure. normally you just click apply and the settings change! I'm going to buy a replacement router but just wondering if with Dlink routers theres something special i need to do.

!Also - when I hit apply to apply WEP or WPA to the network, theres a popup informing me that "privacy set to WEp/WPA. multiple SSIDs disabled". Does this mean anything?

much thanks,
Dan Gent