Hello Hexus! I'm a newbie here in terms of posting (have read for years), but want to tap the great pool of knowledge you all seem to have!

I've been slightly out of touch with tech for the last couple of years, but I've just bought my own place so need a router as I can't take my parents'!

It needs to:

- be capable of N speeds
- be able to accept NAS connections for external storage (I have a 2TB western digital mybook thing - the fat white ones!)
- be rock solid
- be able to stream HD media to my TV downstairs (in combination with a media streamer)
- gigabit LAN would be a bonus

Budget isn't especially important, though obviously the lower the better. Would prefer to keep it sub £150 if possible, though. Currently looking at higher end Netgears and some Drayteks - a new name to me in the last few weeks, if I'm honest.

=

Also, I have a media streamer at my parents' house (D-Link DSM-330) which wirelessly pulls down films from my network onto the TV downstairs. But my parents will want to keep it, I imagine!

I've looked into the Popcorn Hour A-110, which seems to tick all my boxes except one - it isn't wireless. Should I suck it up and drape a cable up the stairs or go powerline? I know it has a USB port for sticking a dongle in, but that will kill the HD streaming capability as it won't be using the full N capability of the network then.

.... or is there a competent way of doing HD media streaming using my Xbox 360? I know it's possible, but I don't want a 'streaming for dummies' thing - I want a the proper deal. Which is exactly what I have now, but full HD rather than the 720p bitrate stuff I'm limited to on the DSM-330.

Thanks in advance!