• Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

WinTV 'Limited or no connectivity'

Hi,

I have just recently been experienced a problem with my tv card, i now get an icon in the task bar saying that my local area connection (referring to my coaxial tv connection not my LAN) is experiencing 'limited or no connectivity', and i am unable to pick up any tv channels. Everything is plugged in as it was before, and i haven't changed my tv card drivers. I have however been playing around with the 'services' allowed to run within windows , which i'm sure is where the problem is, however everything else works ok so i don't want to have to change everything back, can anybody tell me what service i need to enable to get my tv-card working again. Any help would be appreciated.
    Main PC : Abit IP35-Pro | Q6600 G0 @ 3GHz | 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix 8500 | MSI N460 GTX HAWX | 1 x Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Antec 182 | Corsair HX620 | Dell 2407WFP-HC | Windows 10 x64
    Server : HP MicroServer N40L | 16 GB RAM | 4 X 1 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 | ESXi 6.0 NAS : Synology DS-408 - 4 x 3GB WD RED HTPC : Acer Revo RL70 | LibreElec

Thanks
    local area connection (referring to my coaxial tv connection not my LAN) is experiencing 'limited or no connectivity'
    the above is a service pack 2 error message referring to a network connection. How is your TV card connected.

post screen shots of the error as well as a screenshot of your network connections screen.

I have however been playing around with the 'services' allowed to run within windows
    proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    I suggest you also post a screenshot of your service screen. Its also possivbly worth while to take a screenshot of your device manager screen , paying particular attention to any branches with an exclamation mark on them.

what TV card are you using and how is it connected ? which guide did you use to "fine tune" your xp install like this or did you just randomly start shutting down services ?

look on the bright side - I once knew of someone who applied the "deny everyone" permission to the root of his c: .....
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks
    • PeteSmith's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB 8500 Crucial Ballistix
      • Storage:
      • System: Crucial 128GB M4 SSD Storage: 2x500GB WD5000AAKS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 650
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    Thanks for the speedy reply, i haven't got any problems within device manager, I have a hauppauge win-tv nova-t pci card, i can't find the guide i followed but i didn't just randomly start shutting down services, like i say everything else is fine it's just my tv-card.

I have disabled the following services:

Alerter
    Application Layer Gateway
    Clipbook
    Computer Browser
    IMAPI CD-Burning COM service
    Messenger
    Net Logon
    Netmeeting remote desktop sharing
    Network DDE & DSDM
    Remote Registry
    Routing and Remote access
    Secondary Logon
    Server
    Telephoney
    Telnet
    Terminal Services
    Wireless Zero Config

I don't get any error as such, but within network connections on my win-tv connection it has the following in the network connection status window 'Limited or no connectivity, You may not be able to access the internet or network resources. This problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer'.

So it's pretty obvious that the reason it's not working is because it has not been assigned a network address, but i'm confused because my actual network connection has not been effected in the slightest.
    Main PC : Abit IP35-Pro | Q6600 G0 @ 3GHz | 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix 8500 | MSI N460 GTX HAWX | 1 x Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Antec 182 | Corsair HX620 | Dell 2407WFP-HC | Windows 10 x64
    Server : HP MicroServer N40L | 16 GB RAM | 4 X 1 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 | ESXi 6.0 NAS : Synology DS-408 - 4 x 3GB WD RED HTPC : Acer Revo RL70 | LibreElec

Thanks
    have you reinstalled the card ? it shoudn't have a network address as such !
    enable the application layer gateway..
    you dont run a domain do you ?
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks
    • PeteSmith's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB 8500 Crucial Ballistix
      • Storage:
      • System: Crucial 128GB M4 SSD Storage: 2x500GB WD5000AAKS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 650
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick
    have you reinstalled the card ? it shoudn't have a network address as such !
    enable the application layer gateway..
    you dont run a domain do you ?
    I have reinstalled the card a few times, even when it's not installed i still get the 'limited connectivity icon' on my taskbar, I enabled the application gateway like u suggested, but no joy. I'm not running a domain no. Cheers for all the help by the way. I think i might just leave it until i next do a clean install of windows, then be more careful when i'm turning off the services i don't need.

Thread Information