Thread: Telewest remote control gone crazy. Any ideas?

Thanks

Red face Telewest remote control gone crazy. Any ideas?

EDIT: Forget this. It started working again after I left the batteries out for a good 1/2 hour (I guess it needed time for any charge to drain away and the memory reset).

Original post:
    Having been a happy Telewest broadband customer (yes they do exist) for almost a year, I just got their digital TV service installed today (part of their 3 for £30 deal, which works out cheaper than just the internet and phone :s).

Anyway, I decided I would follow their glossy instructions to get the remote control volume buttons to control the volume on my TV. I held down mute and V+ and typed in my code. Then it went mad...

The little green LED in the top right of the control now blinks constantly and the control has ceased to control the telewest box in any useful way. Even when I take the batteries out and put them back, it continues flashing!

Has anyone any experience of this, is their any button combo I can use to "reset" the remote control? I'm not really that interested if volume works or not, as I plan to make my Kameleon 6 remote learn the codes (but I kinda need this control working so it can learn from it).

Thanks
    Last edited by Dihi Doctor; 05-07-2006 at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information