Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netword driver update help pls

Thanks
    that would imply that it is receiving an ip, in which case i am at a loss and would have to bow out to someone else that may know

to be honest, i don't think it is a driver problem, if it was working fine at your last house then it shouldn't be a problem in the new place. you worry about the age of your driver, but i have just looked at mine - 01/07/2001

Thanks
    Sorry this is a new setup in that I never had a router, but I never used the Lan port 2

so technically it never worked.
    Last edited by kinkladze10; 16-07-2006 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks
    You are not alone. I also have been getting random (and frequent) disconnects in my games online. I'd not notice a problem if I only surfed the web. I get disconnected in RoL, DoW, WC3 and now in the CoH beta. I've had Comcast replace the cable in my yard and I've replaced all my internal cables with high speed versions. I've tried playing with or without my router. I've disabled all firewalls. I even reformatted my hard drive to make sure no hidden viruses/worms/trojans were causing issues. Then I got to thinking about the Nvidia Nforce Network Controller Card and did a search. I found not only this thread of yours but many others. Something is drastically wrong.

To explain my problem, I will get randomly disconnected from my games after no apparent lag. Sometimes, right away. Sometimes in 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes. It's pissing me off to say the least.

Let me know what you come up with. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Hi just saw your post

well yep that sounds like my problem
    I have tried everything, I dont think it is the network card interface as I tried both my Yukon Marvel port and nvidia nforce controller.
    Same results both with a router and a modem in both ports.

I have concluded it is one of 2 things or both.
    Bad internal wiring in the house or bad ISP.

I have read things about having Interleaving enabled on the line or disabling it.
    one thing I have noticed however is that I get alot of CRC erros and FEC errors which I think cause the problem.

When you are online because of the nature of the beast as soon as you lose a hint of sync from the game server you are getting kickek out as they dont want people hacking or cheating

Short of changing ISP's or doing serious line tests I don't have an answer for you m8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information