Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Msi Mem voltage

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Msi Mem voltage

    Hi all been trying to get my msi running at 400mhz, 200fsb for a while now, but always been unable to , I just happened to be checking the voltages section of my bios and noticed the dram voltage set to 2.8, is this right, I thought it would be higher 3.3v springs to mind for some reason, or am I thinking about something else, if this is low is this the reason I am unable to get above 360mhz with my twinmoss, it's rated at 7-3-3-2.5 currently got it running at 333mhz with 6-2-2-2.5.

    Thanks as always
    Atif
    i5 | Antec Sonata 3 | 4 GB | OCZ Vertex | Spinpoint F3 | Windows 7

  2. #2
    HEXUS webmaster Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    14,268
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked
    828 times in 468 posts
    • Steve's system
      • CPU:
      • Intel i3-350M 2.27GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GiB Crucial DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 320GB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Intel HD3000
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 11.10
    No I think the default is 2.8V for DDR.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Default for DDR is 2.5v, not 2.8.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atifds9
    Hi all been trying to get my msi running at 400mhz, 200fsb for a while now, but always been unable to , I just happened to be checking the voltages section of my bios and noticed the dram voltage set to 2.8, is this right, I thought it would be higher 3.3v springs to mind for some reason, or am I thinking about something else, if this is low is this the reason I am unable to get above 360mhz with my twinmoss, it's rated at 7-3-3-2.5 currently got it running at 333mhz with 6-2-2-2.5.

    Thanks as always
    Atif
    As Anonicle has pointed out, default should be in the 2.5v region, max should be in 2.8v region, 3.3v lies in the realm of voltage modding.

    Just a suggestion, when you tried running 200Mhz FSB (400DDR) did you try raising the vdd voltage as well ?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pita^Norf
    As Anonicle has pointed out, default should be in the 2.5v region, max should be in 2.8v region, 3.3v lies in the realm of voltage modding.

    Just a suggestion, when you tried running 200Mhz FSB (400DDR) did you try raising the vdd voltage as well ?
    I didn't try that, what exactly is the vdd voltage.
    i5 | Antec Sonata 3 | 4 GB | OCZ Vertex | Spinpoint F3 | Windows 7

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atifds9
    I didn't try that, what exactly is the vdd voltage.
    Bearing in mind I'm not at all familiar with your board but if the info supplied here is correct then it seems that there isn't an option to adjust vdd.

    Vdd voltage is the voltage supplied the the Northbridge (NB) chip that interconnects the AGP, CPU & Memory. Logic is if FSB is raised then the stress to the NB increases in a similar manner sometimes cause it to fail - this can be down to overheating or insufficient voltages.
    |Abit NF7-S V 2.0|1.8v Vdd |XP 1700+ 1.95v @ 2518 Mhz 219 x 11.5|
    | 2 x 256 TwinMos w/Winbond BH-5 DC 11, 2, 2, CL2 @ 3.0v Vdimm |
    |Herc ATI Rad 9800SE AIW | Innovatek H2o on CPU & NB, SB Cooling|
    | Adaptec 39160 | Seagate Cheetah ST318406LW | ST336706LW |

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    if default is 2.5V and u have 2.8V then could overheating be a problem ?

    Class

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 9800Pro OC Question
    By phaeton in forum Graphics Cards
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-10-2003, 02:28 PM
  2. MSI 745 Ultra Feels Sluggish
    By Jonny M in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-09-2003, 12:13 AM
  3. MSI Hermes: my judgement
    By Zak33 in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 11:50 AM
  4. MSI i865PE Neo2 FIS2R
    By XTR in forum HEXUS Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-07-2003, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •